What's the most cheapest pet colour ever?

lilshadowdweller

^ Clothes don't.

I do like invisible pets, really, but I think it'll be really cool if they update it to show outlines, and semi distort the images behind where the body sohuld be.

Invisible is fun to work around, because then it's like designing a landscape.:3

Sweetdang: Ah, I see. I've never an invisible pet and I don't customise all that much (yet). I think it would be a good option to have clothes showing, so you get an Invisible Man sort of effect and for those that didn't want it they just wouldn't add any clothes. I can see your point about designing the landscape - now you mention it, it does sound like a creative person's canvas!

Got to agree with you on the Christmas Eyrie, Ravenlovesneopets. Doesn't look particularly Christmassy to me...

You all have valid points. I wish TNT spent more time on the colors that they already have then making new colors up all the time I think their haste is what makes some pets look cheap. personally I think (like others) invisable is the cheapest paint job I mean where did they get that idea? To me it is like not having a pet at all, if they were going to do invisable the least they could do is add a shadow below where the pet would be or like another post said some sore of blurred effect or outline somthing to say the pet still exist. [though mabye I shouldnt complain I hope to paint my xwee shadow : ) ]

Speaking as someone who wants an invisible draik one day, I think invisible is interesting in that, characterisation wise, you've got quite an unusual starting point. Why are they invisible? Was it a choice, a curse, or something to do with deep-seated pychological issues? How is it different from transparent? But I disgress.

On topic, I think white is a lazy colour. Nice, but lazy. Even if you compare two red pets, you'll see at least some of them are different shades, there's been some thought in it. White is just that, white. No variety, and it's always just coated in white, no other colour at all.

Speaking as someone who wants an invisible draik one day, I think invisible is interesting in that, characterisation wise, you've got quite an unusual starting point. Why are they invisible? Was it a choice, a curse, or something to do with deep-seated pychological issues? How is it different from transparent? But I disgress.

On topic, I think white is a lazy colour. Nice, but lazy. Even if you compare two red pets, you'll see at least some of them are different shades, there's been some thought in it. White is just that, white. No variety, and it's always just coated in white, no other colour at all.

YES! I WANT AN INVISIBLE DRAIK TOO! :D :D :D

But it's nice.... white xwees are amazing!

YES! I WANT AN INVISIBLE DRAIK TOO! :D :D :D

And there's a 1/3 chance of invisible draiks being released this year! Hopefully! Unless the reverse rainbow pool is really badly down right now! And unless they come out with another colour...

I would like to submit the eventide lenny as a cheaply done pet. It's like they just cut around a pre-drawn texture, and didn't really try to make it even... and the beak bothers me.

The eventide color bugs me a LOT. The starry part of it looks so pretty. I think someone on TDN suggested that they should redo the starry pets to look like that, which I think is a great idea. The bottom orangey part just looks like a cheap gradient.

I feel the same as well, they should of used the starry parts as a revamp on the Starry-colored pets instead of making it a new color with a random gradient below.

The mane looks really... odd. More of like, a t shirt, maybe. I t just doesn't fit with teh body!

Maybe if the whole body was a darker red, it'd look cooler.... but a plain red Eyrie with a peppermint stripe mane is weird looking!

Has anyone noticed TNT is kind of revamping colors? Magma is a revamped Fire, and Eventide is a revamped Starry, and to an extent Transparent is a revamped Invisible.

Maybe if the whole body was a darker red, it'd look cooler.... but a plain red Eyrie with a peppermint stripe mane is weird looking!

Has anyone noticed TNT is kind of revamping colors? Magma is a revamped Fire, and Eventide is a revamped Starry, and to an extent Transparent is a revamped Invisible.

I don't agree with that Eventide is very different to starry, Magma to fire, and transparent to invisible - just because they share some similar prints. They aren't the same at all. You can't revamp invisible.

And there's a 1/3 chance of invisible draiks being released this year! Hopefully! Unless the reverse rainbow pool is really badly down right now! And unless they come out with another colour...

I would like to submit the eventide lenny as a cheaply done pet. It's like they just cut around a pre-drawn texture, and didn't really try to make it even... and the beak bothers me.

I didn't think of it when teh first one came out, but now we've seen three, eventide itself is a cheap colour. They have a standard colour gradient, and they just blend and paste it over all the pets. Done. And everyone loves it. No special customizaton, they all just look the same.

• 2 weeks later...

YES CAMOS. I don't get them, at all. I don't think I've seen a single "beautiful" one.

I actually like quite a few of the camos...including my poogle Aqolien :3 (#totallybias)

2.png

I think the cheapest of them all is invisible. Does custom clothes show up over it? If so, maybe it has its purpose and some work would have been needed to get the shape of the pet right, but still... I like being able to see my pets!

I also don't see the point of having an invisible pet...especially something rare like a draik or lutari. If I worked really hard to get those pets I would want to be able to see them!

I also don't see the point of having an invisible pet...especially something rare like a draik or lutari. If I worked really hard to get those pets I would want to be able to see them!

As far as the traditional idea of what a pet is for - to look at it - I would agree with you. However, like I mentioned, it can be a very interesting starting point for stories and the like, just like transparent and other "special" colours. On topic, however yes. Invisible is hands down the cheapest colour ever.

• 1 month later...

Tyrannian flotsam:

2.png

Looks like a blue flotsam w/o the pink color and a few changes.

tyrannian moehog:

2.png

Looks like a blue moehog with its hair changed to brown ragged hair plus 2 long saber teeth.

tyrannian quiggle:

2.png

a differently colored quiggle with no new features except the eyes and tooth.

Striped aisha:

2.png

blue aisha w/ stripes and purple color on its ears.

striped meerca:

2.png

why does it look different from the other striped pets?

strawberry techo:

2.png

a dark red techo w/ the berry spots and a few green spots on the head.

I think most spotted pets look like yellow pets w/ black spots over them. Some spotted pets look different from others like: tuskaninny, lupe, kau, koi, hissi and gelert.

Invisible is the cheapest color, it's nothing at all! :P

Shadow also looks like skunk without the white. It'd be cooler if it had some kind of dark mist around the pet of something, other than just black.

this is the best thread ever!!!!!!

i'm glad the post-customization faerie flop has been covered - saves me a lot of time ranting. i'll just make one comment here, lest i really get started and never stop:

4.png

i can use photoshop too, neopets. WELL DONE. not

The eventide color bugs me a LOT. The starry part of it looks so pretty. I think someone on TDN suggested that they should redo the starry pets to look like that, which I think is a great idea. The bottom orangey part just looks like a cheap gradient.

i have no words to say how much i agree with this. i would accept it as a basic colour that they released, but i just can't understand the overwhelming reception it got

• 1 year later...