What's the most cheapest pet colour ever?

lilshadowdweller

I agree with most of what was said here, especially regarding most of the Faerie pets and the Eventide colour.

I'll add a few others...

Christmas Bruce

2.png

It's not so much that it's a blue Bruce with Santa clothing, but it's how the clothes fit. And THAT BOW.

Desert Chia

2.png

It's so plain compared to the other desert pets... I think it would look better if it had that sandy skin tone, and a few more accessories.

Mutant Shoyru and Zafara

2.png2.png

I think that apart from their heads/faces, they look quite normal :mellow:

Royalgirl Cybunny

2.png

I guess a lot of people won't agree with me on this. But I think she looks so plain, and not very royal. I also think the placing of her tiara is kinda off.

And last but not least... Every single Strawberry pet. It's my least favourite colour, hands down. I think they all look so cheap and tacky. :thumbsdown:

One of the things I am sad about is that they took the orange out of the purple paint brush designs. I understand why, but now they're just SO much less distinctive.

I hate the split color. It's just orange and purple. :mellow:

i completely agree. "split" is just a synonym for "ugly"

And I would actually eventually like to paint him purple.

But totally agree on the split colour...it's just boring and wrong.

I like to imagine that on some pet day, they forgot to make a new color for that pet, so they blended purple and orange and passed it off for a new color.

I remember way back when signing a petition for neopets to change the purple color paint brush.

Here's examples of what the pets used to look like:

cybunny_purple_baby.gifhissi_purple_baby.giftonu_purple_baby.gif

The purple and orange colors were supposed to represent a treaty --I think maybe between the orange grundos and the purple grundos? It's so much nicer to have just a plain purple color, although some of the purple pets still hold onto their orange spotted heritage:

4.png4.png4.png4.png

I think that when they revamped for customization, they changed the purple color for most pets to be solid purple, which I like much better. I think they compensated by creating a new color--split to still have something to remember the treaty. So, I'm glad that the cheap split color exists, because it means we have a nice color, purple!

The purple and orange colors were supposed to represent a treaty --I think maybe between the orange grundos and the purple grundos? It's so much nicer to have just a plain purple color, although some of the purple pets still hold onto their orange spotted heritage:
I think that when they revamped for customization, they changed the purple color for most pets to be solid purple, which I like much better. I think they compensated by creating a new color--split to still have something to remember the treaty. So, I'm glad that the cheap split color exists, because it means we have a nice color, purple!

I think split and purple actually came out at about the same time. Originally, purple pets were just purple. If I am remembering right, the spots on the purple had to do with the Return of Dr. Sloth Plot. It was supposed to be in 2004, but it got delayed for Hannah and the Ice Caves. There was originally supposed to be an explanation, but it ended up never being explained. After the plot ended, the spots went away, and I think it was after customization.

• 1 month later...

Agreed with the invisibility sooooo unoriginal also I dislike some 8-bit neopets like the Shoyru look at that thing! It's so weird,sorry I can't post a pic

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's all opinion, but I'm not sure it's fair to put down some of the colors considering how limiting conversion made designing the pets. What you end up with is pets whose bodies are largely unable to be altered, so yeah, a lot of the time they just look like pets with things thrown on because that's essentially what they are. Pre-conversion, painting a pet a color meant that it could be in a unique pose with an individualistic expression, but we just can't have that anymore :/ I feel like Faeries suffer the most from this. What the point of having wings if you can't fly?

That said, I generally like a lot of the faerie pets, even if they are just pets with wings added on, but I agree that the coloration should be significantly different. Pets like the faerie Acara and Aisha I think should have much lighter coloration compared to what they have now to make them distinct from yellow and blue Acaras and Aishas, respectively. I do like the faerie Gelert, for example. The colors are pleasant to the eye and distinct from the yellow or biscuit Gelert.

I agree about Eventide. It has an interesting palette, but there's no excusing the fact that the colors don't wrap around the body of the character- it's literally just gradients placed within the linework.

I think plenty of the Camo pets look fine, with the exception of the Chomby, Chia, Cybunny, Grarrl and the Ogrin.

4.png

I don't know what they were going for with this ^, but generally trying to apply such a soft pattern to what's usually a cel-shaded style doesn't work.

I also find colors like Biscuit, Checkered, Clay, Custard, Fire, Speckled, Split, and, with the exception of a few, Spotted to be generally unappealing and not worth the price of a paintbrush.