Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I don't think I ever used numbers when creating pets/accounts when I was younger. My very first account was sewmoonchild, which I disabled and it has since been purged :( If it was still around I'd be able to get in, but eh, what can you do. I had a spotted uni, a purple peophin, and a skunk acara :) Part of me wants to recreate the same pets in remembrance eventually.

I did use a lot of underscores though, but I avoided numbers like the plague.

When September comes, I however will be back with my internship. I'll still try to be on here and on Neopets during my break periods. I'm going to enjoy what's left of my summer vacation before September when reality sets back for everyone.

Also, my dad works 2 different jobs however.

Yikes. 2 or 3 different jobs plus school? That's crazy. I don't think I would ever be able to balance all of that.

When September comes, I however will be back with my internship. I'll still try to be on here and on Neopets during my break periods. I'm going to enjoy what's left of my summer vacation before September when reality sets back for everyone.

Also, my dad works 2 different jobs however.

What's your internship?

What's your internship?

Really an art or digital art internship, I did some character designs for a kids book for last year's internship.

That's awesome. So you'll be doing the same kind of things when you start it up again?

Pretty much the same type of stuff, but slightly different (not sure about the exact details since it's so early in the year for it).

Since we're on the topics of jobs:

i decided that when I'm in High School i'm getting a part-time job so i can earn money to buy games and manga and stuff.

I really shouldn't be inspired by an anime. -_-

Speaking of jobs, I really need to get one.

I think I'll apply for a job sometime in August or sometime early in the school year. I still don't know yet.

Cool! Do you know what job you'll get?

...wait i DON'T KNOW WHAT JOB TO GET...

ah well i have 4 years of planning ^_^

And then I'll be jealous of you because I'll be back in school and working 2 or 3 jobs lol.

Eek! I work 3 jobs now in the summer, but it means that I don't have to work at all during the school year. Do you have a full course load, too?

I'm thinking somewhere like Shoprite or the library or something.

Those are really the only places that would even consider hiring 14-year-olds, but even then, it's kind of a long shot.

I worked at a convenience store/gas station/ice cream shop once and we had a 14 year old working there. :) There were a few things she wasn't allowed to do because of labour laws, but they still hired her. When you're young, it really helps if you have an "in" of some sort - like knowing the owners or having someone else who knows them put in a good word for you.

Eek! I work 3 jobs now in the summer, but it means that I don't have to work at all during the school year. Do you have a full course load, too?

Yes, I'll be taking 18 credit hours. I'm also super involved in 2 campus organizations lol. I guess I like to be busy! Since I'm now past the 4th year of undergrad mark, I don't get as much financial aid as I used to. :( But I'll be graduating this yar! And one of the jobs I'll be working is only 2 to 3 hours per week, so it sounds worse than it is. I sometimes work 3 jobs in the summer as well but this summer I just have 2.

Speaking of internships, anyone know much about the disney college program or disney's professional internship program? I want to work for them so bad!

I've never seen anyone working at 14 here. Quite a few years ago, some places would hire you if you were 15. My sister's first job, she was 15. But by the time I hit 15, they wouldn't even talk to you unless you were 16. (Or 18 depending on the place.)

I was 16 by the time I got my first job.