Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

:laughingsmiley: Teenage girl problems. 1.) I like a guy (and we're pretty good friends), I have his number but I'm way too scared to tell him I like him, and 2.) I'm literally a thousand miles away from my best friends. (However, I did text my best friend earlier today and she made my entire morning a lot better. <3 )

Also, not necessarily a typical "teenage girl problem", but I started crying hysterically last night...because of the deaths of two fictional characters. I don't know if that's normal or not, but that was kind of the upset of my week. :(

D: I'm starting to sound like an over-dramatic stereotypical teenage girl now. Oh well.

well the deaths of the characters, i can understand, unless it was a LOT A LOT of crying. I've never cried about a death of a character, but i have gotten teary-eyed a few times. :/

the rest i can't really say anything about :worried:

D: I'm starting to sound like an over-dramatic stereotypical teenage girl now. Oh well.

^_^ I never considered myself particularly 'girly' of a girl but I must admit, that there are definitely times when a good cry just needs to be out of my system. I think your entitled to a good release of emotions every once in a while. Don't like it get to you. *sing* don't worry, be happy :whistle: that's me doing the whistling part of that song.

Which book of his did you read? I love Clive Cussler, he's one of my favorites, but I generally sit there often rolling my eyes. He plays off the whole, macho-man stereotypes too much. You know like, the character always has to end up saving a beautiful woman and they fall madly in love, or he barely gets off an island alive, and he wants a beer before he'll talk about it. :rolleyes_anim: Not to mention he doesn't get very far off the "world domination" theme in his Dirk Pitt and Kurt Austin series. That's why I like his Oregon Files series the best. They're all unique.

Oh it was definitely a Dirk Pitt book - I was rolling my eyes the whole time. This is how it went: crazy ridiculous situation, Dirk Pitt single-handedly saves the day, repeat ad naseum and add him getting the girl.

^_^ I never considered myself particularly 'girly' of a girl but I must admit, that there are definitely times when a good cry just needs to be out of my system. I think your entitled to a good release of emotions every once in a while. Don't like it get to you. *sing* don't worry, be happy :whistle: that's me doing the whistling part of that song.

Agreed! Sometimes it's nice to just get all the emotions out and out of your system. It can help.

Oh it was definitely a Dirk Pitt book - I was rolling my eyes the whole time. This is how it went: crazy ridiculous situation, Dirk Pitt single-handedly saves the day, repeat ad naseum and add him getting the girl.

:laughingsmiley: Yes, that sums up the majority of his books. I still really enjoy them, I just wish that bit would be toned down a bit.

I'm a girl, but Citadel Squirrel is right, nodding and smiling will benefit you greatly in the long run. Just ask my husband :)

I dislike that school is starting. Anybody else in the college/university environment have to trek across campus for one class with only ten minutes to do so? Because I do & am not looking forward to it . . .

Oh, also, advice time: Any suggestions on (filling) snack foods I can take with me? I don't have a long enough break to grab lunch & I'm on campus from 9-5, so I need to grab something to snack on while I'm walking between classes to keep me from fainting or becoming malnourished . . .

Thanks everyone. You're the best. :wub_anim:

I honestly didn't understand most girl drama until I found out I had a crush on that guy (and eventually found out he was moving). Also, I never really had a true crush on anyone before we became friends. :|

Oreos! Now that's what I should have gotten when I just went to the store. I think I'll make an apple tart now though, hope it doesn't suck. But a really good thing to snack on to give you energy is either granola of some sort or trail mix or some dried fruit. It really does wonders for you for energy/concentration. Personally I like applesauce for snacks too but apparently a lot of people think its odd :rolleyes_anim: .

I can't cook and I'm a bad cook. The best I can do is work the Microwave. Haha xD

I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. I made zucchini bread and muffins today and now one of my friends says I should go into the cooking business. I guess I'm good. I also know how to make really good chicken tenders and fajitas.

I was never fond of cooking. I always had fears of burning myself while doing it. :(

My cooking skills are limited to ramen, canned soup, Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones microwave entrees (if those count) and pasta. I haven't bothered to make anything else beyond that. :whistle:

On the other hand, if you give me any recipe for any baked good, I will probably make the best frickin cookies/brownies/cakes/whatever you've ever had. I've been baking for around 2 years and have only been dissatisfied with anything I've ever baked only about 2 or 3 times. o: