Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

It snowed a good seven inches the night before last here. ^_^

((Someone needs to go post on my post about Jasmine, so I can upload and add all the pictures and captions, without double posting :P))

Anyway, It's really pretty outside lately. But the coyotes are down again.

Jasmine is all booked in for her shots and an exam next week (surprisingly cheap, at $84 for the entire thing) and I'm looking forwards to getting her all up to date and everything. Then once I get her boosters done a month from that, I don't have to worry about boosters for another three years after that ^_^

Anyhow, I'm totally stoked to have Jasmine. She's adorable, etc, and obviously just about the only thing on my mind. The only problem is that I have been cooped up in my house since Saturday because she and Misha are not yet getting along!

The roads are all nasty right now. <_<

I'm excited for you! I miss having a kitten. My kitty, Cairo, is nearly 5 years old now. He was the cutest thing. He was tiny, grey with thin dark stripes, and baby blue eyes. (Now he's brown with gold eyes.) He was very clingy. He wanted held all the time. If you were standing, he'd get out his kitten claws and walk right up you. :laughingsmiley:

(Heading to your topic now.)

Haha, awesome. You have any pictures of your cat as a kitten? ^_^ I don't have any of Misha, but I'm sure my mother does.... Somewhere :P

I'm just uploading to photobucket, because since Facebook changed their Album settings, I can't link from there -_-

I got a few more pics than that, but I have to get them off the camera. XD

Cairo is a cool name for a cat ^_^

I do. I don't have any right now (I'm at work) but I have some at home. I'll put them on my USB and post a couple tomorrow. (Or I'll post a couple from home.)

Thank you :D I wanted to stick with a city theme my family has going on. My sister's cat is Rio, like the Brazilian city. (There's a pic of him on my profile.) I wanted to name him after an Alaskan city and was considering Kodiak, but it was hard to name such a tiny kitten that. Then Cairo popped into my mind because I've always loved Egyptian culture.

Here's one of him that was taken about a year ago:

CatintheBox2.jpg

:laughingsmiley: Thank you :D

There's a picture of him as a kitten, sitting under a lamp, on top of a filled shopping bag. And he has his paws curled up under him, and he looks like he's sitting on a throne. I started calling him the Prince of the Desert, after that. I'll make sure I post that picture.

Thank you Wembly. :D His eyes are cool. When he gets really playful, they get perfectly round, instead of the slits like regular cat eyes.

I like the color of my sister's cat's eyes. His are a light mint green.

Pure bred Siamese cats keep their blue eyes, but she's not a pure bred. I'm also trying to wean her off wet food, but that's going to be a job and a half... And I'm trying to get her to drink more water. She's hardly drinking any. >.<

My cat loves water, and won't go near milk. My mom actually keeps a second bowl of water for him in the kitchen. He drinks from it, and plays in it. (Like dipping his paw in it, then shaking it off. Then dipping the other paw and shaking it off.)

Mine is half tabby, half manx. So he's larger, size wise not weight, than the average cat, but he's thin. And his back legs are longer than his front legs, so he runs like a little monkey and kinda fails a bit at stopping. (His rear end comes around the side a bit.) :laughingsmiley: And he has a full length tail, unlike most Manx.

Yeah, Jasmine seems to love water... Which is somewhat discouraging in terms of teaching her NOT to tear up the shower curtain! I had every reason to be worried abuot the shower curtain.... She has attacked it regularly the last two days. But I can spray her with water and tell her "NO" and she just goes right back to playing with the shower curtain. I can pick her up, swat her bum, and tell her "NO" and she STILL goes right back to playing with the shower curtain. I'm totally at a loss as to how to train this cat!

But she's not drinking much, she'd rather play with it. I am monitoring her, and if she does not drink more in the next couple days, I will have to move her vet appointment up to sometime this week, rather than waiting for next week.

She definitely has the tiny stub of a tail that normal manx cats have... And what is very interesting about Manx cats is that they can be any color. :P

I'm honestly hoping she doesn't change too much in coloring by the time she grows up, though.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwww! And she has this really painful tendency to think my ARM/HAND/FOOT is a toy >.<

Cairo never trained well. We tried everything. The spray bottle really didn't work. He finally would shut his eyes and brace himself for it. :laughingsmiley: So we stopped that. And if he knows he shouldn't be doing something (like being on the counters/table/stove) he not only makes you get up, but he makes sure you're coming over to him before he gets down.

Cats are trouble makers. :laughingsmiley:

The little claws don't hurt much. They're just like tiny pin pricks. I just always found it adorable when he'd walk right up your clothes when you were standing. He wanted held, and he wanted held NOW. :laughingsmiley:

YAY for :yum: smiley!