Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I'm new to this conversation. But I saw we're talking about things like Rainbow Brite and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers so it definitely seems like my kind of topic. They just don't make tv like they used to :(

I know we talk about anything HAHAHA I meant like I just found this thread and I wasn't sure what we were talking about.

But those shows were around in the 90s. Even my 15 year old brother was around for Power Rangers... :O

JB, Rainbow Brite was an 80s cartoon. I think it aired in 1983. That's actually where my nickname comes from.

But it was in the same time range as Care Bears, Smurfs, etc.

Rainbow Brite and Care Bears both made a come back during the 90s.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Power Rangers came out when I was in grade school, so that's a 90s show.

Care Bears and Rainbow Brite were in the 80s. I'm not sure exactly about Smurfs.

I know I watched Duck Tails, Rescue Rangers, etc a lot when I was little.

I remember after school I would come home and watch the Spiderman cartoon, and then Power Rangers, but I can't remember what came on after that -_- It's so frustrating.

Power Rangers came out when I was in grade school, so that's a 90s show.

Care Bears and Rainbow Brite were in the 80s. I'm not sure exactly about Smurfs.

I know I watched Duck Tails, Rescue Rangers, etc a lot when I was little.

I remember Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, and Power Rangers! I have no idea what Care Bears are (the show I mean :P) or Rainbow Brite. Unless it's that cube you stick the little pegs in that lights up to make a picture? :D

I remember Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, and Power Rangers! I have no idea what Care Bears are (the show I mean :P) or Rainbow Brite. Unless it's that cube you stick the little pegs in that lights up to make a picture? :D

Care Bears was a show about a bunch of bears that lived in the clouds and makes everything better with caring and sharing. :P They each had a little picture on their tummy, like Cheer Bear had a rainbow.

As for Rainbow Brite, it was a show where Rainbow Brite had to keep the world colorful, and fight against Murky who wanted everything dark and dreary. It was adorable.

Care Bears was a show about a bunch of bears that lived in the clouds and makes everything better with caring and sharing. :P They each had a little picture on their tummy, like Cheer Bear had a rainbow.

As for Rainbow Brite, it was a show where Rainbow Brite had to keep the world colorful, and fight against Murky who wanted everything dark and dreary. It was adorable.

I knew what they were, just I had never seen the show! :P

Hm. That doesn't sound like something up my alley <_<

It was definitely more of a cutesy girls show. But it was adorable for the time. (It was in the 80s) You'd never see anything like that now. Though I hear Hallmark (they own Rainbow Brite) has started updating it a bit in web episodes with lessons for girls now.

They actually sell Rainbow bright toys in the sort again and I believe some sort of episodes on DVD and I believe the same holds true for the Care Bears as well. I know the Care Bears had a recent movie that was released on DVD anyway.

Haha, the thing with the pegs was called Light Bright, close, but no cigar.

And I loved Duck Tales, although it did have such a creepy lyrics in the theme song. Case and point: D-D-Dangers just behind you. There's a stranger out to find you. What to do? Just grab onto some DuckTales. Wee-oo

Really? Ducktales? If a stranger is out to find me, I think I need a better solution than grabbing onto a duck's rear end. Thanks for making me paranoid about strangers. <_<

They actually sell Rainbow bright toys in the sort again and I believe some sort of episodes on DVD and I believe the same holds true for the Care Bears as well. I know the Care Bears had a recent movie that was released on DVD anyway.

:laughingsmiley: Around 2000-2003, you could get a bunch of Rainbow Brite stuff at Hot Topic. They even did a 20th anniversary thing in 2003. A couple years ago, Hallmark stores had Rainbow Brite ornaments. And there's tons of Care Bear stuff out everywhere now as well.

Wow. I never watched that stuff from way back. All I remember is the Care Bears.

What do you guys think of new kids tv from the 2000s?

I like TMNT...

TMNT was great but that's an old show too that was brought back. I hate shows these days. When I was growing up I watched Boy Meets World and Full House and I learned life lessons while watching TV. Kids today learn from Miley Cyrus that it's okay to dance on poles or worry if the guy thinks you're cute or not. There's no substance anymore. I'm 19, my 8 and 4 year old cousins have never even heard of Lion King. It's depressing. I see 10 year olds with iphones and makeup on talking about making out with boys. When I was 10 my biggest worry was that it was FINALLY 2000 and if the computers were going to attack us. That and making sure I got to play foursquare at recess.

While I like TMNT it sometimes makes me really want the old turtles back but as long as I tell my mind that its different, I enjoy watching it. But in general I have been disappointed by the cartoons that are newer. I mean there really isn't anything that I enjoy watching sadly and I love cartoons just nothing new has piqued my interested lately.

Really? Ducktales? If a stranger is out to find me, I think I need a better solution than grabbing onto a duck's rear end. Thanks for making me paranoid about strangers. <_<

:laughingsmiley: It sounds so funny when you say it that way.

Doc, what you're thinking of is Lite Brite. :yes:

General consensus: TV just ain't what it used to be.

Also, Boy Meets World was one of my favourite shows! Until they started growing up. Then it got all serious and I didn't like it. But I was little at the time.

Wait wait wait wait. Your 8 year old cousin has never heard of the LION KING? You need to get some culture into that child! The Lion King is one of the best Disney movies ever! I STILL cry when Mufasa dies.

I LOVE Boy Meets World! :D

And I agree, it was much better when they were all younger.

Am I the only one that thought that the guy who plays Corey was the guy from Transformers until they saw him in the later episodes? xD

I haven't seen Lion King in forever. :O

Edit: Pokemon.

And did you hear there's going to be a Smurf movie?

Yes, and I'm highly dissipointed in Hollywood. It wasn't a very good show to begin with. And KATEY PARRY AS SMURFETTE? No. Just no.

They're also doing a Yogi Bear movie. It comes out in December.

EDIT: Both Pokemon and Digimon animes suck. There is no winner.

I agree.

Also there is Hank Azaria (Moe from The Simpsons), Jeff Foxworthy, and George Lopez. C'MON GEORGE! You did Beverly Hills Chihuahua and Marmaduke, and BOTH films came out as piles of crap. What makes you think this won't be any different!?

Full link.