Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Aww...sorry to hear, hun. :{ Doesn't sound like fun. Hmm...I know for me, it helps to watch something before going to bed, though I get some of the weirdest dreams ever. xP Coffee helps me sleep...warm milk is really good with making feel tired too. *nods*

I can't. My parents make me go straight to bed. And coffee reacts weirdly with me. It completely forces everything through my stomach and my intestines too quickly, causing me to be extremely hungry, and end up in the bathroom most of the night. :X

You could try decaf coffee. Or reading a book. That helps me sleep :)

I can't. My parents make me go straight to bed. And coffee reacts weirdly with me. It completely forces everything through my stomach and my intestines too quickly, causing me to be extremely hungry, and end up in the bathroom most of the night. :X

@Strawberri: Coffee is as coffee does regardless of its caffeine content.

@Morgan: I would if I was allowed to watch tv at night

@Myles: Psh, I don't own "chill" music it's all "get-up-and-dance" music or "imma-scream-at-you-real-loud" music.

When I find I can't get to sleep, I just take a good look at my to-do list. That generally does the trick. :P

But anyway! KDE does have a better range of effects, it's true. On the other hand, it can run a heck of a lot more slowly than GNOME if you have a compromised / old computer. Their speeds vary quite a lot depending on your hardware and what you want displayed. If your computer can handle it, I'd say go KDE, definitely. Mine couldn't, but I liked what I saw in the short time I had it. Had a lot less problems, other than the speed I was getting.

Well my computer SUCKS, especially in the hardware-accelerated graphics department. Any idea whether the performance hit is from integrated compositing? If so, I might still take a shot at it. If I recall correctly, compositing is preffed off in Fedora's KDE packages by default anyway.

K how about this...has anyone ever gone through all the games on TND's Dailies list? Did you even come close to their total? How long did it take? Didja get REALLY bored? Give up?

V updates the list when TNT adjusts the game score ratios every month, so she definitely goes through it at least monthly. :yes: I'm fairly sure she goes through most of it every day as well. But then, V's a Flash game expert.

Listening to the Carpenters is fairly chill...though depends upon the songs since one actually scared and woke me up before. xP Hehe. Karen's voice is quite soothing and yeah...great for sleep. :] But I used to just lay in bed and not go to sleep a few years ago and doing a run through of everything I missed to do that day and needed to do the following day helped, though I laid in bed for at least an hour or so. xP

A random Google search turned up this article on dealing with insomnia, including a few tips:

Treatment of a long-term insomnia, includes giving up faulty sleeping habits and developing good sleeping habits. Faulty habits that contribute to insomnia:

1. Going to bed when you are wide awake and your body and mind do not want to do anything with sleeping.

2. Staying in bed awake too long, even though you can't fall sleep. Occupying the mind with problem solving, thinking, worrying, etc. , makes mind more awake.

3. Lying in bed awake and trying harder and harder to go to sleep only increases anxiety and frustration which makes the sleeping problem worse.

4. Oversleeping in the morning hours on weekdays or weekends may not be a problem for others but it has a harmful effect on a person with insomnia.

5. Reading a book or watching TV in bed induces sleep in some people, but if you do not fall asleep in 30 minutes, it can make your sleep problem worse.

6. If you fall asleep in places, other than bed, you get out of the habit of sleeping in bed.

Good sleeping habits induce sleep.

1. Avoid caffeine and alcohol in any form, four to six hours before bed time.

2. Avoid nicotine near bedtime and upon awaking during night.

3. Avoid a heavy meal in the evening. On the other hand, a light snack before bed time may be sleep inducing.

4. Avoid vigorous exercise within 3-4 hours of bed time. On the other hand,

regular exercise in the late afternoon may deepen sleep.

5. Minimize noise, light, excessive temperature during sleep by using ear plugs, window blinds, electrical blanket/ air conditioner, etc.

6. Spend no more than 8 hours in bed per night.

9. If you must take a daytime nap, keep it less than an hour and complete it before 3 p.m.

10 Go to bed only when sleepy.

11. Get out of bed when unable to fall asleep for more than 30 minutes and return to sleep within 30 minutes. During this time, do only a manual activity or count your breaths while breathing abdominally.

12. Repeat this procedure as often as necessary.

13. Arise at the same time every morning.

13. Practice relaxation technique

14. Do not use your bed and the bedroom for non-sleeping activities, such as eating, paying bills, talking on phone, etc. Bed/bedroom should be used for sleeping purposes only.

Most interesting...

Chocolate is always a good-to-have after a hard day's work (but not during, 'cos then you rob yourself of your incentive). :P

Sugar burns fast, if I recall correctly, and your body doesn't store too much of it. So it gives a quick energy boost, but not much more. :yes:

Linking this to our previous topic: sugary food before bed = bad. :P

Apricot! :] <3 I love apricots like WOAH! xP My fav fruit and adore it in a pie form too. xP Hehe. Chocolate is fun...though I ate all of mine. :\ I don't think my mom knows I did but... *shrugs* It was in the fridge for way too long. Ah. That sucks that if you go to the kitchen you'll wake up your family. :{ I always go to the kitchen a ton of times and don't wake anyone, probably since my room is closer to the kitchen and I can walk in the dark without making noises. xP Have fun dancing while getting ready for bed. :]

Haha I'm becoming too Asian. I don't really like sweet foods. I mean, they're good for the first few bites, but after that, bleh :P

But pies are good.

Btw congrats Morgan :D

I can't wait until 2nd semester for me. I'm taking a computer graphics course. I'm so excited for it lol.

Thanks Will. :D I have two weeks off from school and a month off from college (and I passed history! I suck at history).

I'll need to take a computer class next year. No room this year. :<

This is my first year to be exempt from taking my finals, but my butt of an English teacher made me take one anyway, even though my grades were high enough. <_< Good thing that score doesn't count, because I pretty much failed it. XD