Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

It shouldn't.

Lots of guys at our school are reading it too.... seriously, this book is pretty good. And these guys are like 12, 13. It was quite confusing the first time but I love it!

And about the book thing..... reading is.......... meh. Not my thing. Until I started reading Twilight.

EDIT Just tripped over a pile of books. Its been the 8th time for the past 3 days...

Lol well it's good that it got you into reading.

It's not like I'm not going to read it.

Maybe sometime in the summer, just to see what all of the hype is about.

Just that no guys in my school have read the book.

And that I don't even have any time to read at all this year >.>

I love reading. I'd read like 50 books a school year.

Lol yeah I'm such a nerd :glasses:

A bunch of girls in our school are describing the book as telling about "the perfect kind of love. The love that you can never have..." etc. etc. which is really a big disincentive to us guys to read the book lol.

Lol I'm assuming you hate Twilight?

No we're really just talking about books in general.

If I was asked which book is my favorite, it'd be Timeline by Michael Crichton.

Too bad he died on election day though :(

I don't know why everyone's getting so worked up over this movie. It was never like this for all the other movies in the summer, and most of those I've heard of before they were making a movie (which says something about originality, but still, this is based off a book), unlike Twilight, which seemed to pop up out of the blue once the movie release date drew near. I mean really, just because you liked the book, doesn't mean the movie will be just as good. Anyone ever heard of Dragon Wars? Exactly.

I'm still kinda confused by how sudden the hype came up... I swear that book was never even mentioned until recently...

You haven't heard of the book until recently?

I've been hearing all about it since the beginning of the year. Everyone was all excited about it (well all of the girls that is)

But I know what you mean about how movies always end up being worse than the actual book. Have you ever read and seen Eragon? That's a prime example of a movie gone wrong.

But I know what you mean about how movies always end up being worse than the actual book. Have you ever read and seen Eragon? That's a prime example of a movie gone wrong.

Yep, not so good at all. And they were even planning for a sequel if it turned out good at the box office...

I hope the Twilight movie turns out horrible. Just so I can laugh at all those fan-girls' faces. Have you seen the movie description thingy? The main vampire guy (See, I've never actually paid attention to what the books or the movie is about, I just noticed a lot of screaming about it.) as quote, "an emo vampire." Yeah, that's a great way to draw in the non-fangirl audience. :laughingsmiley:

Here's the synopsis I found:

"Twilight" is an action-packed, modern-day love story between a teenage girl and a vampire. Bella Swan has always been a little bit different, never caring about fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix high school. When her mother re-marries and sends Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Wash., she doesn't expect much of anything to change. Then she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen, a boy unlike any she's ever met. Edward is a vampire, but he doesn't have fangs and his family is unique in that they choose not to drink human blood. Intelligent and witty, Edward sees straight into Bella's soul. Soon, they are swept up in a passionate, thrilling and unorthodox romance. To Edward, Bella is what he has waited 90 years for--a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. But what will Edward and Bella do when a clan of new vampires--James, Laurent and Victoria--come to town and threaten to disrupt their way of life?

Like I said, it sounds a bit heavy on the romance side. But I never read the story so I really wouldn't know.

That's another thing. I overheard from one guy's rants that it ruins the reputation of vampires. He read most of the book and found Edward a... well, the exact word I can't really say here, but he didn't like how the vampire doesn't drink blood, or have fangs, and falls in love with a human. There was also, from him 'cause I haven't read the book, a description of people killing a vampire, easily he adds. I like the whole, "let's do something different" thing going with the vampires, but still, you can't take away their pride.

Hm, maybe we should both read the first book, just so we know what they say about vampires.

But yeah, I must say it does ruin the image of vampires being evil and dark and dangerous. I mean how come no fangs???

If you want a good vampire series, I recommend these:

http://www.amazon.com/London-1850-Vampire-...1427&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Paris-1850-Vampire-P...1427&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Mexico-1850-Vampire-...1427&sr=8-1

The hype disgusts me. It's not a very good book, in my opinion. It's taken over my school, and it very well irritates me.

Yes. Sadly. I don't talk down on books until I've read them, like I don't talk about people until I know them.

I think a vampire loving a human is really too overused. I like vampire books, I love them, I hate Twilight. Just an opinion.

My friends started acting like a vampire thanks to that. I've got 1-3, but I stopped after that. I plan on burning them, just to make my friend mad.

Edit:

I always get a bunch of girls on my case saying "Ohmigawsh, Twilight's the best!!!" It's. Not.

Let's have a human-clueless vampire that's lived with them for years. Yeah. Doesn't make sense.

There are better books to like than Twilight.

Way better. But, I'm not going to turn you off the book. I'm just saying.

The book "Eighth Grade Bites" Is nice, too.

I hope so. I'm tired of seeing the jackets and the books in every person's hands. I change the channel every time I see the stupid commercial.

Even the men are reading it.

Don't get me started.

Jackets, shirts, all that kind of stupidness from Hot Topic, which I will now avoid.

The world is going mad! 5,000 people swarmed the interview with the man who plays Edward (Ron Pattison, I don't care.) And got it canceled, which pleased me.

It is. I'm tired of it. It's even on the school news. They have the word "Twilight" Posted all over the TV. At the end, they show Bella and Edward.

It's driving me insane.

Wait, have you read Twilght yet Syn-chan?

And, yeah, fangs? I don't think that's original

The point of vampires isn't supposed to be original. I mean if he doesn't have fangs or drink blood, then he's not a vampire. He's just an Immortal.

Yes. Sadly. I don't talk down on books until I've read them, like I don't talk about people until I know them.

I think a vampire loving a human is really too overused. I like vampire books, I love them, I hate Twilight. Just an opinion.

My friends started acting like a vampire thanks to that. I've got 1-3, but I stopped after that. I plan on burning them, just to make my friend mad.

Actually, this is the first time I've ever seen it, and I've read a lot of vampire books (okay, well maybe like 4 or 5)

On a side note, here's a series I found really addicting. I liked it a lot. It's called the Midnighters.

http://www.amazon.com/Midnighters-1-Secret...3535&sr=8-1