Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

That sounds fun! I'm leaving for Florida in about a week. What does NES stand for? I'm trying to think of all the different Nintendo systems I can but I can't figure it out.

NES is short for Nintendo Entertainment System. It was one of the first systems I owned since I was 6 or 7 (alongside the Atari 2600 (which was my dad's), Sega Genesis, and Nintendo 64). I didn't get into collecting NES titles until 2009 when I bought a second NES (I lost my first one D:). I have some tough to find NES titles in my collection so far. Here they are: http://vgcollect.com/neomysterion/nes

...and no, I do not have any photographs of my game collection, just a list of what I own.

My brother is four and 1/2 years older than me, so back in the day when we owned some of the earlier game systems, he got to make all the decisions on whether or not we sold them. He sold them all -.- my parents didn't believe me when I told them I played games too, until I spent all my birthday money one year on video games :P After that they apologized for letting my brother get rid of all the systems we used to have. XD

haha :P I always got to make choices on games, not that it would matter because i was an only child since i adopted my sister 5 years ago and i got my GBA SP 7 years ago i think. xD

I was completely into gaming ever since i got that GBA with WarioWare Twisted... then Pokemon Blue brought me an entire new experience! :D Now i have a classic system and can't figure out how to hook it up...? :P

Now i have a classic system and can't figure out how to hook it up...? :P

There is another way to hook up an NES without having to do it the old way. You can use an AV cable like this to hook up an NES to your TV: av%20cables.jpg

This is what I use to get my NES working on my TV set.

except... i have an old tv. and i don't have that. and i think i made it work, but i can't figure out the channel to put it on for the game to play. i tried the one i use for my other games, but nope. :/

Whoa! I forgot to come back here.

Hi again guys! :woot:

Welcome back Doc! We were discussing vintage video games and trying to help Khaos set up his new original NES as well.

How's everything going? There's only one day left of the Altador Cup if you'd like to rack up Prize Shop points for good prizes. Also, I hit All-Star while you were away.

Welcome back Doc! We were discussing vintage video games and trying to help Khaos set up his new original NES as well.

How's everything going? There's only one day left of the Altador Cup if you'd like to rack up Prize Shop points for good prizes. Also, I hit All-Star while you were away.

Hm, I never had a NES so I can't help there. :P

Life is certainly going alright :D lol, and I quit the Cup. Too confusing for me.

and Congrats!! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Due to boredom, I will now continue to play a few AC games. :P

Lemme see...my friend has a SNES, and I have a N64...the funny thing is, my favorite game for my N64, I bought on the Wii Channel and never actually played it on the N64. xD I also have a Wii and a Gamecube, and, somewhere, a GameBoy Color.

NES is short for Nintendo Entertainment System. It was one of the first systems I owned since I was 6 or 7 (alongside the Atari 2600 (which was my dad's), Sega Genesis, and Nintendo 64). I didn't get into collecting NES titles until 2009 when I bought a second NES (I lost my first one D:). I have some tough to find NES titles in my collection so far. Here they are: http://vgcollect.com/neomysterion/nes

...and no, I do not have any photographs of my game collection, just a list of what I own.

Oh alright, that's really cool. You have a ton of games. My first system was a ps1 and then after that I got a Super Nintendo. Before those came out I didn't have anything and was just always super jealous because all my cousins did.

^ Over 400 games collected can be a lot for a regular person, but you should check out my friend Nensondubois' game collection. He has almost three times the amount of games and gaming stuff that I own he's at 1,170 different gaming items at the moment).

He even has some more difficult to find games and even some Japan-only imports added along, too. I want to get some Japanese and European import games as well, but the closest thing that I own to a foreign import would be that European/PAL format copy of Bangai-O Spirits that I got at a flea market for quite a bargain last spring.

Speaking of foreign imports, I have several nerd collectible stores that even sell several used Famicom and Super Famicom games straight from Japan, too. I'm not sure if I'd actually aim for them, I don't have the proper system for them yet.

I love my gameboy color. I never actually had one, but went back and bought one in 8th grade just so I could play all my classic Pokemon games again. :laughingsmiley:

I had a gameboy pocket that I at some point lost and found several months later under the couch. I then had a gameboy advance, and then a gameboy advance sp... now I have an original DS. I haven't bought a new game for my DS in some time, however. I mostly use my PS3 these days.

Sadly, I never owned an original Game Boy nor will I ever get one. My reason why is because you can play older Game Boy games on your Game Boy Colour and Game Boy Advance systems, and I find no point on owning an old-school Game Boy. Game Boy Micros really serve no point to me since they can't play Game Boy and Game Boy Colour titles, plus they're extremely small for my big hands. :P

Also, I never owned an original Nintendo DS, I own two Nintendo DS Lites (one Black, and one White). My only purpose for having two DS systems is so that I can trade Pokemon back and forth to myself in between opposing versions (trade Diamond exclusives with Pearl exclusives, and HeartGold exclusives with SoulSilver exclusives).

Speaking of Pokemon, I never played Pokemon Black/White in over a year, I'm far behind. I'd like to beat them before Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 come out in the states.

I always had a DS Lite, never an original DS, or a DSi. I might be getting a 3ds soon though.

and the stupidest thing just happened.

there's gonna be a 3DSxl. -_-

I haven't played Black in a while either. I'm almost as far into Black 2 as i am Black, but that's because in Black I'm trying to catch every pokemon along the way. xD

I am actually really excited for this birthday because I'll be back at my university then. Normally I don't go back till after but my friends and I have to go back earlier this year for work. So it'll be nice spending my birthday with them this year instead of my family.

Ah that's pretty cool. With my birthday being christmas eve I either have to spend it with family or with friends from back home, obviously I can never celebrate with University friends