Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Y'know what's interesting? Congress apparently hasn't declared war since WWII.

It's true. Congress only wanted to stop Communism. War was never an intention. If we got into WWIII it would be because of Soviet Russia, not us.

And the War On Terrorism was started by NATO, which is a group of countries. America simply joined the cause, especially after 9/11.

I prefer world history because US History kinda bores me, preferably Ancient History.

Anchient History makes me sleep. Mostly because I'm not learning a single thing. I'm only making artificial thoughts for annotations. Other than annotating, we do nothing in the class.

This is funny. Over at my school we're being forced to do a project for National History Day. The topic is Debates & Discussions: Successes, Failures, and Consequences. I chose to do mine over what the government intentionally planned to do with all the atomic material after WWII. It's amazing what I've found. :D

I'm beginning to like history, but only if it's way old. I also like to study the old African culture. Don't know why it just fascinates me. :P

Speaking of all my nerd-ism, is anyone else here a member or former-member of NJHS? I just got to meet with the club the first time this year and it's pretty cool. Just a random question.... :whistle:

It's true. Congress only wanted to stop Communism. War was never an intention. If we got into WWIII it would be because of Soviet Russia, not us.

And the War On Terrorism was started by NATO, which is a group of countries. America simply joined the cause, especially after 9/11.

Not quite sure those two statements are accurate. I wouldn't say if we got into WW3 it would've been because of the Russians. That would be a bit biased to say that.

And the War on Terror was led by America and the UK, backed up by NATO. You had it mixed up. (If you disagree with me, check Wikipedia).

Not quite sure those two statements are accurate. I wouldn't say if we got into WW3 it would've been because of the Russians. That would be a bit biased to say that.

And the War on Terror was led by America and the UK, backed up by NATO. You had it mixed up. (If you disagree with me, check Wikipedia).

It would. We had guns at us, and we had guns back. You said it yourself that Congress hasn't delcared war since WWII.

As for the War on Terrorism, I'm still confused on how it went from America vs. Bin Laden to where everyone in the world is involved. That one was my mistake.

But we didn't declare the war on terrorism now did we?

Hi Morgan. So, uh, more suitable time?

Not really getting it...

Anyway, no, you're right, Congress never officially declared war on Al Qaeda. But it's actually a longer history than you'd expect. This whole conflict began during the Gulf War and Al Qaeda had been noticeably gaining power and proved that by bombing two U.S. embassies and later, the WTC.

But yeah, as I was saying earlier too, I don't think it's fair to ever point fingers at one side of the war and say it's their fault. Both sides probably are at fault. I mean, you could say Germans were responsible for WW2. You could also say the Allied powers were responsible for WW2 because of their harsh reparations. Neither are wrong.

Hmm...since we only got up to the beginning of the Cold War before we graduated, I'm not fully clear about anything beyond that point. My bad.

It isn't fair. But when war is declared, someone is bound to have more blame than the opposing countries.

We both had missles aimed at each other, and our fingers on the triggers. If USSR shot first, it's more their fault than ours. If US shot first, it's more our fault than theirs. That's how I would see it. If you disagree, that's perfectly reasonable.

Um.

I'll come back at a more suitable time. :mellow:

Sounds like she's trying to avoid my debates. :laughingsmiley:

I cant wait until Thanksgiving! My parents wouldnt let me go to Seattle by myself, so instead we are going to New York!

YEAH!!!

Well, there are a lot of people outside the US here. :P

I'm not talking about TDN. I'm talking about EVERYWHERE. TV, ads, the news. Nobody mentions Thanksgiving, but it's all about Christmas.

And all because Christmas is profitable...

YEAH!!!

I'm not talking about TDN. I'm talking about EVERYWHERE. TV, ads, the news. Nobody mentions Thanksgiving, but it's all about Christmas.

Thanksgiving is fun. I like turkey! And I am the kind of person that actually likes family reunions. :laughingsmiley:

CAV want pumpkin pie. CAV want pumpkin pie NOW. CAV must go to Costco to get pumpkin pie since nobody knows how to make it at home. CAV sad.

Divya has pumpkin pie in house. Divya sends some over to CAV. Better? :laughingsmiley:

Seriously? I've personally been hearing more about Thanksgiving than Christmas right now, but maybe that's because I don't watch a lot of TV.

And I agree with you, Christmas has become rather commercial, but it has to be or nobody would be making money. An unfortunate fact. :/

Ruto no like pumpkin pie.

CAV want pumpkin pie. CAV want pumpkin pie NOW. CAV must go to Costco to get pumpkin pie since nobody knows how to make it at home. CAV sad.

Their pumpkin pie is AMAZING :D

Yeah I know, it's weird how they're already starting the whole Christmas season so early. Yay consumerism and materialism! x_x

Edit: I've actually been hearing a lot about Christmas already. The only thing I've seen as the closest to Thanksgiving is Black Friday sales, which doesn't really count :P

Hey Morgan, completely off topic, but I saw that National Novel Writing Month button in your sig, and it looks pretty cool :D. I think I might try it. And is there any way you think we could read what you write?

I think you should! Although it might be a bit difficult since it's the middle of the month now. :P

You can't read what I've written so far on the site, but I can email you the file if you really want.

Not now, though. I need to shower. o/

Yeah I know, 50k words to go xD

I think it'll be fun though, but what happens at the end of the month. Can we still work on it and everything?

Yeah I'd love to read it, but is it finished yet? I think it'd be better to wait until it's done first.

Yeah, towards the end of the month, if you've written your 50k, you can submit it on the site and wait for verification that you really did write. You can still edit it afterwards. The whole point is simply to write 50k words. Quality doesn't matter, and editing comes in December. :P

I'm nowhere near done with the actual novel, but I've written the first two chapters.

Well, there are a lot of people outside the US here. :P

Hello! I am one of them...we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here, but I am joining in with the celebrations here.

I want pumpkin pie! Can I have some?

Oh and what's Costco?

Seriously? I've personally been hearing more about Thanksgiving than Christmas right now, but maybe that's because I don't watch a lot of TV.And I agree with you, Christmas has become rather commercial, but it has to be or nobody would be making money. An unfortunate fact. :/Ruto no like pumpkin pie.

Christmas is so commercial but I love it because it's a family gathering.

How can you not like pumpkin pie????