Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Herm, why doesnt Divya get a shrine?

Jk :P

About the Art History thing above, I like Art History even though I dont like art. I loved learning that one of the causes of WW2 was that Hitler didnt get into an art school with Jewish people as admission people.

I like graphic art but art classes annoy me. I like doing my things my own way. Not what some teacher wants -_-

And in gr 10 I had the best history teacher in the world. Totally changed my view on history :P

Art history though.....yeah. That's a no

For all you people who want to transfer schools....you guys better not come to my school! We have too many ppl as it is! >.< I couldn't get like half my courses because they were full -_- And the hallways are a disaster zone (think rush hour traffic only with kids and backpacks) :P

Well I wouldn't go as far to say that it had a major role in WW2. Maybe that it was a contributing factor, but not too much credit should be given to the face that Hitler didn't get into architecture school xD

The main reason for WW2 was probably, ironically, WW1, which was even known as the War to End All Wars at its time.

WW2 was in fact caused by WW1.

While making the peace treaty, the Allied powers decided that Germany had to pay for all the damages made by the war. While Woodrow Wilson, the US president at the time, disagreed, the decision was made regardless. When the Great Depression occured, a huge percent of Americans lost their jobs, their money, their homes, and more. But while the Great Depression hit America hard, it hit Germany even WORSE. Almost half the country was poor. Then Hitler decided to scapegoat the Jewish for all their problems, including the Depression. Because they were so desperate at the time to get out of the depression by any means neccesary, everyone agreed with Hitler, and made him dictator so he could get them out of the depression. Instead of fixing the country, Hitle made it more corrupt, and then started the Holocaust, the worst genocide of all time. From there, WW2 would then take place.

Gosh. We studied this in Social Studies.

That's History and Geography for anybody that doesn't get that.

Yeah, but have you studied things that have absolutley nothing to do with your own country? -proudy holds up text book from 6th grade where we did an entire chapter on India culture and where we also had a chapter on China- HA! -walks off proudly-

Well most conflicts that involved the U.S. after WWII could be considered just to be under one blanket cause: to stop the spread of Communism.

Y'know what's interesting? Congress apparently hasn't declared war since WWII.

Hmm... that is interesting.

We've done studies on a country's leadership: Germany during WW2.

So glad that Social studies exams are over

Yeah, but have you studied things that have absolutley nothing to do with your own country? -proudy holds up text book from 6th grade where we did an entire chapter on India culture and where we also had a chapter on China- HA! -walks off proudly-

:evil: I think...

I havent done the any of the above mentioned Wars because right now I am taking Honors US Government.

U.S. History was probably my favorite history class. I took it freshman year, but from there, it kinda all went downhill...

It's probably just the teachers. My U.S. History teacher is considered one of the best teachers in our school. This year I'm only taking half a year of Global Perspectives, which is basically the U.S. and its views on foreign affairs (as in the course is noticeably biased). And last year my Civics/Econ teacher was really annoying, and my World History teacher was so intent on being "creative" and "different" we'd have pointless projects and didn't actually learn any of the material that we were supposed to.

Will! =D How are you posting? Aren't you in school?

All of our social studies teachers are either really ridiculous or really tough. The US History teacher is one of the tough ones, and he's got this sense of humour that you either really hate or really like, and I'm not one who really likes it. So next semester is going to be interesting.

Oh yeah, we have a Veterans' Day weekend thing going on, so I didn't have school today, though I was gone from 9 to 12 for play practice.

Oh, and I've recently figured out how to bypass the school's security system, so if I'm ever on a computer and not doing anything...:shiftyeyes_anim:

Ah I see. Well good luck with that. My U.S. History teacher was also really hard - apparently nobody has ever scored higher than a 94 on a test, but he made the class interesting, which was good.

Loving the colour, Bean! *high-fives*

I'll be taking US History next semester. You can probably expect to hear me complain about it a lot. =P (I'm no good at history. Too many names and dates.)

Yippeeeee! *high fives* Only I keep forgetting to do it and I have to keep on pressing the Edit button. :P

I am pretty good with History because my history teacher's favorite thing to say is, "History is easy so I will make it easy."

And someone told me the password to my school's internet network, so I can go on my iTouch in school and do whatever I want! :shiftyeyes_anim:

Yippeeeee! *high fives*

I am pretty good with History because my history teacher's favorite thing to say is, "History is easy so I will make it easy."

And someone told me the password to my school's internet network, so I can go on my iTouch in school and do whatever I want! :shiftyeyes_anim:

Your history teacher sounds extremely awesome.

You have an iTouch?! I have no portable music player.