Dragon Eggs

Ruto

((Sorry for not replying in a few days- it's been past hectic where I am))

"Wait- wait!" she called to the boy, scooping up the dragon egg. She ran after him until she was out of breath, but suddenly lost her footing in the heavy woods and fell. She rolled down the steep incline, taking notice of her earthy green egg rolling down to rest near her feet before she felt herself collide with a tree and everything went black.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake heard a shout in the distance. He looked over his shoulder and stood there for a moment. What just happened? I'm sure it must've been... an animal or something. Slowly, Jake snapped out of his thoughts and began walking again. I think Florida is nearby. Maybe I could get there by tomorrow morning if I continue walking and pick up the pace a little.

The SWAT team? Beth sighed. I guess they have the situation under control now. The dragon's stomach began to rumble, and she was about to cry. Beth noticed the tears forming in the little creature's eyes. I can't keep a pet dragon with me...though it is cute. Perhaps I'll feed it just once. She reached into her pocket where she had tucked away an apple. The dragon sniffed the fruit, licked it a couple of times, then completely swallowed it whole. Good gosh. That little thing is a big eater. The purple dragon coughed a little bit, then seemed to grow about an inch higher.

Sapphire opened her eyes, her head throbbing as though she had been hit by a flipping train. It was near sunset where she was, the woods getting darker by the minute. But Sapphire took no notice of this, for there was a small dragon hatchling standing beside her, looking curiously into her eyes. Sapphire sat up, not beleiving what she was seeing, The creature was hardly as big as her head, and now prowling around, snapping at the leaves that were blowing in the gentle wind.

Beth studied the dragon for a moment. "Did...did you just grow?" The dragon belched a little and sniffed around for more food. Beth still couldn't believe it. Her eyes must have been playing tricks on her. When the dragon couldn't find anything else to eat, she trudged back to Beth and slumped on the ground. She soon fell asleep, and made a little purring noise. "Mmm...don't get too comfortable. You still can't stay with me."

Hurald watched the dragon's behaviour in fascination. "This fella is giving us more information than 10 years of studying fossils!"

Then his phone rang. He picked it up and listened for a few seconds. Then he hung up. "The SWAT team was no match. They're dead."

Beth froze at Hurald's words. Dead? How powerful were the intruders anyway? I hope they leave before Mom gets home. She'll be a goner! "When...when will the men down there leave? My mother will be home in less than thirty minutes! I have to stop her!" The dragon woke up and shuffled around.

Hurald frowned. "I doubt they would want to hang around - professionals are generally quick and efficient, and if they can't find anything they should leave. However, if they know that your mother could provide them with some leverage..." he trailed off.

"But Mom doesn't know anything about dragons. She doesn't even know I brought home an egg!" The little creature peeked out the opening of the helicopter. She still knew that those men were in the home. Her home. They shouldn't be there. They should leave it alone. The dragon wanted to swoop down and burn them all to a small, black crisp. Beth noticed the dragon's fury in her eyes. "What's up with...er, it?"

Jake had finally reached his destination. Florida. Wow, I made it to Florida. I wonder what it has to offer! He excitedly walked a bit faster and spotted a beach in the distance. That must be a beach. I've been to a few... Maybe beaches in Florida are unique. Who knows? I might as well check it out. At this time, Jake began running towards the beach.

"From our observations, dragons are highly protective creatures and they are capable of projecting a stream of fire several metres into the air using a combination of flammable gases and a platinum catalyst - they aren't something you'd want to mess with, but since you're it's human, I think it will hold protecting you as it's highest priority." Hurald answered. "And I do believe that 'it' is a she."

Hurald received another call. "Well something good came out of that. The government's finally taking us seriously. They're bringing in the military."

((Jake's a fast walker, lol))

Sapphire ran up to her house, the dragon poking its head out of her backpack. She stopped dead in her tracks. How was she going to explain a dragon to her parent? She pulled out her cell phone and dialed her house. "Hello?" answered her older sister Abbey. "Abb, tell mom I'm staying over at Callie's tonight to watch movies," she said, hoping not to let her semi-panic show in her voice. "Fine, anything else?" asked Abbey. "Nope, bye," Sapphire said, hanging up. She ran back to the bamboo patch, and sat down to think about what she would do.

((I noticed that. I really didn't want to have useless posts that aren't too important. He gets around a lot. I suppose you could say that Jake Walks/Runs))

Upon reaching the beach, Jake took notice of the glistening water rocking back and forth. As he walked closer, he hit his foot on something strange. He peered down to see a odd object poking out of the sand. Curiously, he started to take handfuls of sand and scoop them away from the object. At last the object revealed itself to be a orange colored egg. Jake held the egg in between his arms and gently placed his face against it. A rush of warmth spread across his body as he held the egg close. Is this what I think it is? A... Dragon egg? It's orange color certainly is unique and doesn't look like an egg from any other animal. I better hold on to it.

Beth sighed. "I hope they can take care of this problem." She looked toward the dragon, still staring out of the door. "A girl, huh?" Beth wispered to herself, "That's nice, I suppose." The dragon's stomach began to growl again, and she searched for more food. "I assume dragons get hungry often?"

"Only the younger ones, and even they can go for weeks without food if need be. Ah, there's the science museum."

The helicopter landed and Hurald quickly ran inside. "Come on, the others should be here any moment now." Outside the museum, a military unit was busy setting up a defensive perimeter.

The dragon didn't like the idea of going a few weeks without food. Nonetheless, she followed Beth into the museum. Beth looked around inside the building. "It's very nice in here. What's the name?" The dragon ran down the halls without warning.

"I don't think she'll need to go without food, at least while she's here. I think she's following her nose to the kitchen." Hurald said, "We call this the International Science Museum - no-one could think of a better name."

Amber walked up to the professer and showed him the little yellow dragon, "I believe this was the egg you were testing, was. But I would like to keep it for now, it seems to like me, a lot." Amber brushed the little dragon's head and gave it a cracker, Crecsent gobbled it up like it'd had nothing to eat in years.

"Who said that you couldn't keep it? We're just asking that you allow us to study it." said Hurald, raising an eyebrow. "Although it seems that the situation is particularly complicated at the moment. Have you named him?" Hurald pulled out a packet of crackers for Crescent.

"Well if Crescent likes crackers, there are boxes of them in the kitchen - we were saving them for a big science convention but it was cancelled, so we need something to do with them." Hurald said. "And the other scientists will be waiting for us there."

The purple dragon sniffed around and ran off like a lizard. She bumped into the yellow dragon, who was eating crackers. She danced with joy and talked with him. "Brother! You are here also? This is fantastic! Who is your owner?" To any other creature, the speech sounded like a slur of incomprehensible mutters.

Beth ran over to Amber. "You found a dragon egg too?" She turned to Hurald. "How common are those things?"

Hurald scratched his head. "We didn't know they existed until two days ago, so I would say they were pretty rare, but I can't really give a reliable estimate."

Crescent snorted in disgust, but tried to act nice. Yes. I am. My owner is the one called Amber, a noble name for an owner of a noble dragon like me. Do you have a name? I am Crescent, like the waning moon. Amber watched Crescent, I wonder, she thought, if Crescent really likes that dragon.. Her thoughts trailed off as she wathched a look of superiority appear on the yellow dragon's face.