Dragon Eggs

Ruto

"Hey- wait! Wait!" she ran after the boy. "I'm not angry- what were you doing around here?" she asked him, coming up behind him as he shoved a map into his pocket.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a computer at the museum, Hurald was putting out a call on the Dragon Project's website.

In light of a recent discovery, the Dragon Project team is looking for anyone with knowledge about the locations of any genuine, unfossilised, dragon eggs. If you are one of these people, please e-mail us at this address and if possible include a spectrometer reading of the specimen. Thankyou.

Jake hesitated to speak for a few seconds. "Well, I suppose I was curious and all. I wasn't planning to go near those plants. They sorta looked weird to me and I wanted a closer look. What I originally planned was to- to..." he paused for a minute and spoke again. "I was planning on going to another... state by going on foot, I guess."

Beth groaned and faced her mom. "Where have you been, young lady? I have been looking everywhere for you!" Beth looked down a little, trying to hide the egg. "I--I was just walking around the lake. I was talking with Voldizia." She tried to change the subject. "She invited me over to her house tomorrow at five so she can show her kites." Her mom shook her head. "No ma'am, you're not going to her house tomorrow. You are grounded."

((That's okay. Don't fret. :D))

"What? Grounded? You can't--I have to be at Voldizia's house tomorrow!" Beth's mom gave no leeway. "One week. In one week, you may visit your friend. Until then, stay in your room. No TV or phone." Beth grew furious and stomped up to her room. She stayed careful to conceal the egg from her mother's sight. It worked, and soon, Beth was in her room, the egg on her bed. "Okay, now what to do with you..." Beth looked toward her phone. Despite the fact that she wasn't allowed to use it, Beth picked it up and dialed Voldizia anyway.

"Oh, it's bamboo- I hang out in that patch all the time, it's my oasis. And did you say by foot? You can't possibly do that- just- come on, lets go back to the patch," she said. The boy seemed nice, and she wanted to know more of him. It seemed like the correct thing to do, to talk to him, and try to at least understand him a bit. She motioned for the boy to follow her and set off in the woods, then turned into her patch and manuvered to her clearing. What she saw next shocked her.

Voldizia decided she would call to the "secret" lab. "I really hope it is a fun experiment," she said. She stopped for a minute right in front of Luigi's motor house and noticed a shiny blue egg right in front of the door with a note that read. "Take this filthy thing from here. Don't ask why." Voldizia was very upset about the owner of the egg. "Who could be so heartless to abandon this poor egg. I'm going to take it home and take good care of it, but I wonder what it is," she thought to herself as she was walking down the sidewalk.

As Hurald walked home he saw a sign saying: "People needed for tests at a secret lab. Grab a ticket and call this toll-free number for more info." Just above it there was a CCTV camera. He sighed, noted down the number, and continued home.

"Oh my gosh- is that- no- it can't be," she stammered, going to pick up what she had seen. It couldn't be a dragon's egg- she walked over to pick it up, and there was truly no mistaking one, if the books she had read about dragons were true. She put her ear to it and heard a rustling noise. The egg was green in color, and had a warmth to it, as if it had been in the hot sun for a while, yet it had been in the shade on a mild day. She sat down with it, then stood abruptly and said, "I'll be right back." She ran up to her house, into her room, and kneeled before her bookshelf, trying to find the book. She snatched it out and raced down to the patch again.

Name: Amber

Features: Layered blonde hair and peircing blue eyes. Just about the only things she wears is blue, and her beanie, which is blue.

Egg: Yellow

Personality: Secretive but nice, if you have anything to say to her, make it short and sweet.

Other info: Lives alone. Penguins are her passion.

Amber had been chosen for the Antarctic expedition that month. Finally! I get to meet a penguin who's not sitting behind a glass wall! Her excitment drained as she turned her attention back to her desk. On it sat the yellow egg she had found the day before on the beach. "What am I supposed to do with you? I don't even know what kind of egg you are! Ugh!"

Jake had a curious and confused look on his face. The girl found an egg of some sort, I'm sure of that. A green egg though? It doesn't surprise me much because there are many odd things out in this world. What could be nesting in the egg? That's what I really want to know.

Sapphire raced through the pages of the book, searching for the page. There it was! "Dragon eggs! It looks exact- how to tell- throw it. Throw it?!?" she muttered some more, then finally decided with her self. "Well," she said to Jake, "there's two things this could be. A dragon egg, or an abnormally shiny and green geode. If it's a geode, it'll break when I throw it. If it's a dragon egg, nothing'll happen to it." She took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and pitched the egg intot eh air straight above her. When she heard a small thud, she opened her eyes and looked down at the perfctly intact egg.

The phone continued to ring on the over line. "Come on, come on, pick up, Voldizia." When she reached the answering machine, she slammed the phone back on the receiver. Beth looked back at the egg, then at her camera. She quickly flashed a picture and downloaded it on her computer. "Alright...let's put this on search." Beth posted the picture on a lost-and-found website and wrote in the description, "Found along lake in Northern Kentucky. Species unknown. For any info, please email here." She submitted the entry and switched the computer off.

"The exact ones. I've heard that they used to be abundant on earth- way before even the dinosaurs. They were still here when humans came around, but legends tells that we abused their powers. Around the 10th century, there were no dragons left in the world, so everyone thought... There have always been tall tales of more eggs, but I thought them to be just that- tall tales," she said, a mystical look on her face. This was it! There was magic in the world, still!

Beth looked back at the egg, but it was missing! She searched frantically around where it could have rolled to, but there was no sign of it. Running toward the back door, Beth tripped. To her relief, there was the egg. Before her mother could see, she carried to egg back to her room. "Phew, I don't know how you got out of here, but now you're safe." The purple egg cracked, and Beth jumped back. The cracks expanded, until the egg completely burst. Beth stared in wonder, for sitting on her bed was a purple, baby dragon.

On a computer at the museum, Hurald was putting out a call on the Dragon Project's website.

In light of a recent discovery, the Dragon Project team is looking for anyone with knowledge about the locations of any genuine, unfossilised, dragon eggs. If you are one of these people, please e-mail us at this address and if possible include a spectrometer reading of the specimen. Thankyou.

((This is what I'm waiting for people to respond to))

Hurald decided to do a quick search on the internet for 'dragon eggs'. He was surprised by the first result, showing a photograph that looked genuine. He quickly sent an email to the specified address.

"Oh...my...god...d-dragon?!" The purple dragon scratched behind her head and gazed lovingly at her owner. Beth quickly turned on the computer to search for "dragon eggs". She was surprised to find a respone to her webpage and opened it up.

Hurald sat at his computer, excitedly waiting for a reply to his e-mail. He had already packed for a trip to somewhere in Northern Kentucky.

Beth read the e-mail and immediately replied, "The egg has now hatched. Baby, purple dragon. It seems attached to me already. Sending picture now:" Beth took a picture of the dragon, downloaded it, then attached it to the message. "Address: 12345 Drive Lane. Please come examine.

Elizabeth Laipy.

Beth sent the message and waited for a reply.

Hurald hurriedly typed in his reply:

I should be there within 5 hours.

Hurald (Dragon Eggs Project Manager)

Then he got in his car and drove to the airport.