Dragon Eggs

Ruto

Voldizia got some work down outside at the herb garden. Her egg was laying quite nicely on a very soft and puffy blue pillow, in a very special room that Voldizia built. She went to check if she has gotten any calls and found one from Beth. "I hope nothing happened," she said very worried. She picked up the phone, dialed her number and waited for her to answer...

(( I will reply to the call when my egg hatches, which will be soonXD)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amber had found the "egg" the day before outside the private research center at the university she went to. Of course, she had thought it was a new type of rock and had taken it home to examine it. "I better find out what it is." She said to herself. She looked up the egg and found Beth's website. "Oh, my, gosh. You're a DRAGON???" Amber looked at the egg wide-eyed. Then she heard a crackling sound, the egg was hatching. She watched in Horror as a yellow dragon opened it's wings between the two egg shells. Whoa. This'll definatley interfere with my trip!

Hurald got off the plane and called a taxi over. He arrived at 12345 Drive Lane and knocked on the door.

Beth quickly opened the door. "Mr. Hurald?" The phone rang at that moment. "Excuse me for a moment, I have to take this call." She grabbed the phone. "Voldizia? We have a situation. The rock I found yesterday is actually a..." She wispered the words, "...dragon egg." Beth resumed her normal voice. "It's hatched already."

Hurald waited patiently while Beth took her call. Looking across the street, he saw a black van stop in a driveway. Several black-clad figures with weapons climbed out of the van. Oh no he thought.

A thought hit Amber, If this was their egg, I should return it, but it's hatched. I'll invite him over. Got it. Amber swiftly started e-mailing the Museum,

Professer Hurald

Hi, My name is Amber and I'm a student down at the Washington University where the Museum of Natural History is and Progect Dragon is being worked on. I believe I have your dragon egg. I was hoping to return it to you so you could finish your project, but the egg has hatched and I was wondering if you could visit me later on in the week. My address is 67089 University Drive, which is a block away from the university. Thank you for your time and I hope to see you soon.

Amber

Beth took a double-glance outside. "I'll call you back." She hung up the phone and hid behind the door. "What's going on out there? Who are those men?" The purple dragon waddled to her feet and stroked against them. Beth looked down and tried to shoo her away. The dragon only made a gurgling sound. "No," she wispered, "go back to where you were. Shoo!"

Voldizia replies, "oh that's fine, we can talk later. Uh-Oh, something is happening!!!". After Voldizia hung up the phone, she went to her egg's room to check what was going on. It was shaking and rumbling, Voldizia didn't know what was going on. "Could it be a bomb?" She said to herself. All of the sudden, the egg started to hatch. A tail cracked the blue egg, and then the arms broke it off completely. Voldizia was hidden under the big old fluffy sofa, trying to sneak out to look at the creature.

Two small columns of smoke were coming out of the dragons nose. "The smoke alarm will go off if you keep doing that!" Amber scolded the dragon, which she had named Crescent. She gingerly picked it up and took it outside. "You can play out here." It blew a little puff of fire. It can't do that! She ran back inside the house and grabbed her fire-proof safe, which held her most valuable possesions. This should keep it baffled for some amount of time. She set it done in front of Crescent who started to try to burn it.

"These are the same people who stole a dragon egg our team found just four days ago. I think putting your dragon egg up on the internet publicly wasn't such a good idea. Tell me, do you have a back door?" Hurald said to Beth.

And what would make you think I knew that thieves realized it was a dragon egg? "Yes, come with me quickly." Beth picked the dragon up and led Hurald to the back door. The dragon started wimpering, then grew angry. She struggled to get free, but to no avail. "Calm down, they'll find you." Beth wispered to Hurald, "Why would someone want a dragon egg so much?"

Voldizia desperately locked the dragon in the room and went online to find out more about these dragon eggs. She found a website where they were asking for missing dragon eggs. "Well this should solve it all," she hoped. She sent an e-mail:

Subject: Urgent-Blue dragon egg foun!

At approximately 8pm yesterday, I found a blue dragon egg abandoned at Luigi's shop. I took it home and built a small room for it. Today just a few minutes ago, the egg started to hatch. Please respond as soon as you can. I'm scared.

Voldizia

"Well, that has us baffled as well - they aren't that valuable. However, we think that they are either trying to have control of the dragons if and when they hatch or prevent them from hatching." Hurald said. His PDA chimed and the screen read: 2 unread e-mail messages

"I'll have to find time to read them later. For now-" he pressed a button and the PDA sent out a radio signal. "We were anticipating something like this," he continued, "And that is why we had a helicopter standing by. I doubt it is safe for you here, and I think you should come with us, but you and your dragon may stay if you wish - it's up to you."

Amber was looking through some magazines when the dragon waddled into the back living room, clearly no longer amused with the safe. She picked it up and carried it upstairs into her room, which was the whole second floor. She placed it infront of the glass that seperated her room from the railing in case the glass broke. "This should keep it occupied." She went over to the computer to check for e-mails from the proffeser. She went over, tickled the dragon lightly on the head then flopped down on her bed and opened her book, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life. ((Which is actually a really good book))

Voldizia realized that the number she wrote down the other day was the number of the lab that was requesting the eggs. She decided to give them a call hoping she could talk to one of the scientists, but found herself hearing the answering machine instead. She left a message:

"Hello, you probably remember me from the e-mail I sent a couple of hours ago. I remember reading an ad asking for people to test something? I was wondering what it was. Thanks."

Beth started to follow, but stopped. "Wait! My mother won't be back from the store for two hours! She won't know where I am." That, and I'm grounded, she thought. Beth decided to explain the situation later, leaving out the part about the dragon egg. "I'm coming, Hurald." The little dragon, still in Beth's arms, stopped struggling and waited patiently for Beth to put her down.

A rush of excitement coursed through Jake's mind. Just looking at this egg makes me eager for adventure and discovery. I'm sure there are more of these... dragons. Where else could that egg have come from? Reaching into his pocket, the old crinkled map that Jake had was quickly pulled out and he traced his finger from Georgia to Florida. I better hurry to Florida then. I don't wanna miss a dragon sighting! And with that thought in mind, Jake ran and looked over his shoulder to see a disapearing girl in the distance. "I don't mean to be rude, but I have an emergancy to tend to!" he shouted out to her.

((Dillon, please look over the first post. I would really appreciate it if you took 5 minutes of your time to look over these things and not just ask a stupid question. Have you even checked out the rules?))

Beth looked back at the men who were still outside. Secretly, she was a little scared. What would happen to her? Her home? What would her mother think? All of that would have to wait. Right now, Beth was focused on staying out of the men's sight. Who knows what would happen if they spotted the dragon. The little purple creature was growing anxious to break free and fight the strangers with its not-so-powerful fire.

Hurald climbed into the helicopter. "Come on!" he shouted to Beth. One of the men smashed through one of the house's windows.

Beth panicked a little and quickly climbed into the helicopter. She watched in horror as the men ransacked the place, tearing everything apart. Oh God, don't let them find the empty shell. The little dragon grew sad as the helicopter flew away. She didn't want to leave her home. Beth set the dragon down and looked away from the house.

Hurald made a quick phone call and put the phone down. Watching from the helicopter, he could faintly see the SWAT team they had called in surrounding the house. Then he turned to read his e-mails.

After reading them, he replied to all of them asking them to meet him at the Science Museum where he worked.