Dragon Eggs

Ruto

Since Foxy unfortunately had to quit the RP, her character Sapphire is available for the taking.

Name: Sapphire Kollhoff

Features: Average height, elbow-length brown hair with layers, blue eyes, slender, and usually wears something simple, like blue jeans and a hoodie. Never wears bright colors, always something subdued or earthy. She also likes sandals, no matter how cold it is.

Egg: Green

Personality: Bookish, very smart, moderately quiet, but outgoing, and inquisitive. Likes to be active. Always takes into account what consequences her actions will have.

Other info: Wants to work as a doctor when she grows up. Is atheist, but still beleives that there's magic in the world.

It would be advised to review Foxy's posts to get an idea of the character's feelings and actions. First come, first served. This is the only chance left of getting a character with a dragon egg.

Plot:

Legend tells of a group of dragons who existed only to please the humans of Earth. The dragons would take care of the humans, and the humans care for the dragons. However, over time, the humans began to take advantage of the winged creatures. They would use them only for war, crimes, and neglected them. Furious, the dragons banded together to punish the humans. With one breath, the Earth was frozen solid, an event now known as the Ice Age. The dragons decided to give the people a second chance, and sent out five eggs to different parts of the world. They will only hatch when there is peace on Earth once more.

Time passes, and one of the eggs becomes corrupted, due to nuclear radiation in the area. Once hatched, the dragon will become mad with the desire to destroy the world. The owner will also succumb to the dragon's desires. Luckily, the other dragons are able to locate their brethern with ease. When they all come together, they must stop the corrupted dragon from destroying their newfound home.

Using random.org, I've selected the dragon that is to turn evil. I'll PM the person who selects that dragon. If you don't want to be the bad guy (come on, who doesn't? :P), I'll select the next person on the list. These are not my decisions and aren't biased in any way. :D

Eggs:

Blue egg

Yellow egg

Red egg

Green egg

Purple egg

Orange egg

The dragons will all be the colors of the eggs they hatched out of.

I forgot to mention this, but you CAN join in as a character without an egg. ;)

Character Form:

Name:

Features:

Egg:

Personality:

Other info:

Name: Elizabeth (Beth) Laipy

Features: Tall, slim, brown hair, brown eyes, white tank top, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.

Egg: Purple

Personality: Beth likes to be outside 24/7. She's always had a desire to fly, but first she wants to get rid of her fear of heights.

Other info: Although her name is Elizabeth, many people prefer to call her Beth.

Beth stood outside in her Kentucky backyard. For today's activity, Beth had created a kite and was going to test it. The wind picked up, and she shot the kite into the air. It flew away in the most beautiful way. Yes, she thought. It's finally working. My third model is a success. Beth watched the kite twist and twirl in the air.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Voldizia

Features: average height, slim, black-redish hair, light brown eyes, always wears blue.

Egg: Blue

Personality: friendly, perfectionist, funny, tend to overreact sometimes.

Other info: She croaks when she's hungry.

Although it was a sunny day, Voldizia was pretty much upset about how her day has been going so far. She boiled some fresh vegetables for breakfast, but her favourite morning tv show was on "Superstar Dino". She completely forgot about breakfast because her favourite singer was on! The show ended and she could smell smoke coming from the kitchen. She entered and she saw the veggies burning very quickly and the fire started to spread. Fortunately for her she knew exactly how to handle the situation and so she ended up eating burned veggies for breakfast.

((Absolutely. To everyone: feel free to join in if you don't want a dragon.))

The wind died down, and the kite came tumbling down to the ground. Beth picked it up and smiled to herself. That wasn't too bad a performance. I'll make a note to decrease the amount of weight for the frame next time. Beth set the kite down in the garage and decided to take a walk around the lake. The sun was high in the sky now, so she had plenty of time to wander around before dark.

Voldizia watched how Beth was flying the kite. She remembered she good old times when she and her dad used to fly kites together. He would bring her a new kite every week, that led her to win the #1 kite fan Award for having more than one thousand different kites. Voldizia thought Beth would enjoy watching the collection so she decided to also take a walk over to the lake.

Name: Hurald

Features: Unusually short, black hair, brown eyes, never bothers to dress well clothes resulting in mismatched pairs of T-shirts and shorts, thick brown glasses

Egg: None

Personality: Analytical, takes a while to think but generally comes up with good ideas

Other info: He has been studying dragon & dragon egg fossils all his life

Hurald opened an e-mail message from one of his fellow scientists. It read:

Hello,

We have discovered what we think is an intact dragon egg on an unnamed pacific island. Our initial analysis indicates that it has been subjected to tremendous amounts of radiation recently. The source of this radiation is unknown, but we will continue to run scans on it. More teams have been called to the area to search for clues and possibly additional dragon eggs. I am personally very excited and I am sure you would like to join the hunt. I have mailed you some air tickets to the island and am awaiting your arrival.

Yours Truly,

Calton

Hurald closed the message and went to check his mailbox.

Beth turned around and saw Voldizia walking around. "Hi, Voldizia. What's up?" She sat down on a rock, waiting for her to walk by. "I was just bored and decided to explore a little bit. It's been a little while since I've last visited the lake." A fish jumped out and splashed. Beth glanced at it. "I didn't know there were catfish here."

Hurald walked down the steps of his plane carrying a heavy pack. He saw Calton and waved, walking over. "First and foremost, are you sure that this is a real dragon egg?"

"Yes, we are absolutely sure," Calton said, "And better, we think it might still have a viable embryo inside!"

Continuing to talk, the two scientists flagged a taxi to take them to the lab.

Beth picked up a few stones and skipped them across the lake. "Four skips! Beat that," she challenged Voldizia. Beth looked in the sky. "Ah, it's getting a bit late. Was there something you wanted?"

Voldizia approached Beth and she sat on the rock next to her. "Right now it is catfish season so you can expect many fishermen during the weekend," she said. As Voldizia was glancing at the fish, she told Beth about her kite collection. "I won the ultimate #1 kite fan award. I have more than 1 thousand kites. If you want you can go to my house tomorrow for tea and I can show them to you. You may pick any kite you want!"

The lab was full of technicians hurrying around in blue coats. "You can see the remote spectrometer readings from the egg here," Calton said, "As you already know, fossil eggs give off a very strong copper signature, and we can locate them using this method. It appears that this is true for actual eggs as well. We have the egg sealed in a rad-lock room as it's still giving off enough radiation to kill an average human."

Then one of the technicians looked up and said, "Sir, we have intruders at the north entrance!"

Beth gaped in wonder. "Wow! That's so exciting! I'll definately be there tomorrow. What time should I arrive?" Just as she spoke, the sun was about to disappear below the horizon. "Whoops, let's hurry up and get home." Beth stood up and walked beside Voldizia.

Name: Sapphire Kollhoff

Features: Average height, elbow-length brown hair with layers, blue eyes, slender, and usually wears something simple, like blue jeans and a hoodie. Never wears bright colors, always something subdued or earthy. She also likes sandals, no matter how cold it is.

Egg: Green

Personality: Bookish, very smart, moderately quiet, but outgoing, and inquisitive. Likes to be active. Always takes into account what consequences her actions will have.

Other info: Wants to work as a doctor when she grows up. Is atheist, but still beleives that there's magic in the world.

Sapphire exited her high school and walked over to her group of friends gathered beside the fountain, waiting for their rides. It had been a pretty good day- she aced her math quiz, and was doing very well as the captain to her school's drumline. "Yo, wasn't Henderson's science test brutal today?" asked her best friend Callie Perkins. "Yeah, but I'm pretty sure I passed," she replied. She headed for her mom's car when she saw it, and, once she got home, went down to her favorite place in the world- the huge patch of bamboo behind her house. She had cleared out a patch many years before, and she usually went there to work on homework or read. She spread out the blanket she had brought, flipped off her sandals, and got lost in the newest book from her favorite author.

Character Form:

Name: Jake Speiler

Features: Never really bothers with what he wears.

Egg: Orange

Personality: A child that tries to keep a positive attitude most of the time. Can be nervous and shy but attempts to stand up for himself when needed.

Other info: Many years ago, Jake was abandoned and left all alone. He travels to a new area pretty much each day if the weather is fine. Jake really doesn't like to admit he doesn't have a home, but usually ends up telling some people out of honesty.

Jake spotted a large patch of bamboo behind someone's home. Letting curiousity get the better of him, he absent-mindedly walked up to the patch and examined some bamboo stalks. He had hardly ever seen bamboo before and he was curious about his strange plant.

((BTW, Sapphire lives in Georgia, and the bamboo was planted and spread a bunch.))

Sapphire heard a rustling to her left, and stood up to examine what the cause was. She walked through a thinner bunch of stalks, then came to where it got dense and manuvered her way until she saw a boy examining the bamboo as if he'd never seen it.. "Whoa- have you even heard of trespassing laws? But...erm...who are you?" she asked the younger boy, letting the novel fall to the ground as she leapt to her feet.

While they were walking back home Voldizia told Beth that 5 o'clock in the afternoon would be fine. "Make sure you bring your camera so that you can show to your friends. You know I charge for the kites, but since you are my first customer, I will give it to you for free. I'm working on a catalog right now so I might have it done by tomorrow at noon." She said.

The lab was chaos as several black-clad commandos stormed it. They had already killed most of the security guards, and the remaining ones were busy ushering the technicians out of the room. Hurald activated the button camera he had left in the lab, and through it he saw the commandos blowing out the door of the rad-lock room. Then one of them pointed a pistol at the camera and pulled the trigger. The image dissolved into static. Why would they want a dragon egg? Hurald thought, It's not as if it's particularly valuable, it would only sell for about US$500.

"Sounds, great. Thanks so much!" Beth watched another catfish jump out of the lake. Without watching where she was walking, Beth tripped over a rather large rock. "Ouch...should have seen that coming." She stood up and dusted the dirt off of her pants. Looking back, Beth noticed the rock she tripped over. Only, it didn't look like a rock. Beth picked the object up and examined it. Purple? "I wonder what this thing is..."

Voldizia and Beth were sharing some laughs while they were on their way home and they noticed a sign on one of the walls that read, "People needed for tests at a secret Lab. Grab a ticket and call this toll-free number for more info." Voldizia turned and looked at Beth and asked, "should we?"

((LOL morgan we posted almost at the same time. I guess I'm going to add more stuff to this post in a sec))

Jake continued walking away, glancing up every few seconds at the older child who had a rather puzzled look on her face. "I'm sorry if I caused any disturbance and all. Curiosity got the better of me." he said. After a moment, Jake was gone.

(((: Pwned.))

Beth kept the object in her hand, reading the sign. "I don't know...if the lab was a secret, I don't think the people in it would put signs all over the place. Besides, I'm not much of a science person. You can go ahead and call, I'm going inside." She looked at the thing in her hand. Huh...if I were to make a wild guess...this is an egg.

Jake pulled an old and dirty map from his pocket. By the way it looked, you could tell it was folded hundreds of times. Let's see... Florida should be a pretty good spot to travel to. I mean, it is right next to Georgia and I heard that it's pretty nice there. I might as well pay it a visit. The map was folded again and was shoved back into Jake's pocket.

Beth looked at the sky and realized that she was late getting home. "Sorry, Voldizia, but I need to go home before Mom has a fit. See you tomorrow!" Quickly running toward her house, Beth was thinking about the egg that was still in her hands. It was about as big as a football, but purple and more smooth. I wonder if this even is a real egg? It seems unlikely. Probably just someone's toy that was forgotten. Upon arriving home, the sun was completely down, and Beth burst into the door. An angry mother was sitting on the couch waiting for her.

Hurald sat with the other scientists in a plane bound for an international science museum.

"The US government says it will be investigating, but to be honest, they think our project is rubbish, and their investigation will probably consist of setting up signs saying 'People needed for tests at a secret lab. Grab a ticket and call this toll-free number for more info.' and monitoring them with CCTV."

"I agree," Hurald said, "But right now there's nothing we can do, we'll just have to continue with research as before."