How do you raise your pet's battle stats?

Welcome Back Apathy

42 members have voted

1. 1. How do you raise your pet's battle stats?

• Training at one of the schools
    • Lab Ray
    • Negging/Altador Strength Potion/other items
    • You missed a spot! I do something else entirely!

Argue for your method. READY GO!

I used to use the lab ray, as you can tell by my draik Hanomian. I stopped because I was getting a lot of hp, but not enough of the other stats.

Level: 16

Health: 312 / 312

Strength: AMAZING (93)

Defence: GREAT (23)

Move: LEGENDARY (115)

Even with all that health, I can't use him in battle. So now I just use the lab ray for lab rats. (And I used the transmogrification potion on him AFTER I stopped using the lab ray, yes.)

I stopped even trying to make him a battle pet, because now I would have to first raise the level up over 100 just to start raising the defense stat of 23. So now I go go the training school with my eyrie, and she has very consistent stats and has beaten all of the avatar challengers as well as DoN challengers.

Level: 109

Health: 212 / 212

Strength: ULTIMATE (219)

Defence: ULTIMATE (214)

Move: LEGENDARY (106) <--I never found movement very necessary.

I haven't got acces to the lab ray, and neggs are way too expensive dor me, soooo.......

But i think your eyrie is very good:)

edit: OMG, I'M SUPER MEMBER=D

I've been working on training Aitvara. (Very slowly.) She started out with super low heath and everything. Basically, I've trained her at the Academy and Training School, Faerie Quests (I used her through-out the entire FQ event) and through Coltzan's Shrine. (In the beginning, she got tons and tons of stat increases from that.)

at the beginning i trained them by the schools, but when you have to pay at least 3 codestones it becomes somewhat expensive.

the lab ray i think has a risk. i don´t want to decrease to level 1 and i don´t want to change species for my main pet. i use this lab ray for my second pet and am still waiting for the avatar of it

so at the moment i wait for a fearie quest to increase my stats, so it goes very slow.

that's awesome. i seem to gain the others but lose levels but i trained until level 30 just so i could get the abilities but i do lab everyday and am pretty happy with the results. Yes it takes some time but it's much cheaper in the long run.

I train at the mystery island training academy. It is quite expensive at my pet's current level. I made some mistakes in my regimen: leveled up hp too fast after a certain point. The hp is high but couldn't beat challengers with less due to lack of strength. I am now slowly upping the level. I am almost there, then I will begin to raise the strength and defense.

I train at the mystery island training academy. It is quite expensive at my pet's current level. I made some mistakes in my regimen: leveled up hp too fast after a certain point. The hp is high but couldn't beat challengers with less due to lack of strength. I am now slowly upping the level. I am almost there, then I will begin to raise the strength and defense.

I did relatively the same thing at the Mystery Island Training Academy. I brought my HP up to 100 and stopped there. I wanted to bring my strength up to 100 next but I couldn't because my level was only 40 and you can only train your stats to 2x your level except your HP which can go 3x. So now I'm slowly raising my level to 50 and it is getting expensive but at the moment I have the nps to spend so I'm not worried.

If you don't have the nps to spend be careful and remember that rule and it helps to read all the information on the page before you begin your training not afterwards lol. Anyways good luck training everyone and be patient after all it takes a while but in the long run its worth it! :D

I currently don't train any of my pets. When I paint/morph/hatch them all into dreamies then I'll start working on their battle stats. Otherwise Faerie Quests, Coltzan's Shrine and Laboratory Ray. I'm too focused on my Draik fund to even think about training school ..

You forgot to throw in Faerie Quests Karina, so I put down other. Faerie Quests are more economical in my vote than spending money on Codestones, Dubloons, as well as Neggs and other rare goodies that boost your pets' statistics.

I train my pets, preferrably at the Mystery Island Training School because it takes less time than the Swashbuckling Academy, I only use it if it's the species day for one of my pets. I won't go after the Lab Ray, surprisingly, but I also rely on faerie quests as well as the training school.

I knew there had to be something besides what I listed! Faerie Quests are awesome for it...when you can get them. I like that they re-did it to help your active pet, so you can choose who gets the stats.

I used to play Key Quest quite frequently, so I'd acquired quite a few codestones. I used to sell them, but lately, I've been training Calico on Mystery Island (I've yet to actually pay for my codestones. lol).

I also seem to get stat increases fairly often from Coltzan...and I can't forget the faery quests.

All of the above.

I have 5 labs that I do daily, and sometimes the lab rat needs help in certain spots so I feed them neggs.

The permies get codestone trained.

That's just how things roll.

b)

I knew there had to be something besides what I listed! Faerie Quests are awesome for it...when you can get them. I like that they re-did it to help your active pet, so you can choose who gets the stats.

I agree! I'm disappointed now though, because my BD pet is now Water, so she's no longer my active. So I have to give my Faerie Quest stats to other pets, or risk her expensive color to a RE. <_<

When I was a newbie I chose my Jetsam for my Battlepet. I needed a pet to fight at the faries ruin plot.

It was a bad chose because I cant zap it (I love my checkered Jetsam!!). So I have to train at the training schools.

You should probably add more methods of training: kitchen quest (for random stat), scratchcards (for levels).

Anyways, I use the training school, the lab ray, and armoured neggs. I often use scratchcards when I need levels, but the success of those working dont seem to be very high. I used to use kitchen quest, but because my pets training plans aren't really flexible, I decided to stop using kq.

I generally use the training schools. And win some luck, of course the faeries quests. I raised the INTEL very much because most weapons I use are INTEL based/dependent :). I play cliffhanger a lot for the INTEL training (and books too).

Officially want the map right now.

I've been paying lots to raise my endurence by what, five? <_< Meh. But yea, training schools for me, very expensive but really nice TDNF users have sent me some dubloons/codestones to help me out with training! ^^

Argue for your method. READY GO!

I used to use the lab ray, as you can tell by my draik Hanomian. I stopped because I was getting a lot of hp, but not enough of the other stats.

Level: 16

Health: 312 / 312

Strength: AMAZING (93)

Defence: GREAT (23)

Move: LEGENDARY (115)

Move: LEGENDARY (106) <--I never found movement very necessary.

The same thing happened with my lab pet being way too uneven (Level 5 with 115 hp!). So I generally use swashbuckling academy mixed with kitchen quests (only when they're under 5000 np) to speed up the process as well as fairy quest. Altogether it's about 2 or three stat increases a day. I also don't care about movement as much either. I've heard it doesn't help nearly as much.

Neggs always seemed tempting due to speed but wayyyyyyyyyy too expensive. Has anyone actually figured out how much it costs per stat increase to train with neggs?

Me, I use the training school it is way more controlled, and it keeps my pets on a path to victory, the lab ray is just too random, movement is not necessary and if you use it too much you can cost yourself tons of neopoints trying to get the pet back on battledome track! TRAINING SCHOOL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I only train one of my pets because I'm not that interested in battling. Only for the avvies and plots. When prices on codestones are low, I train at the school (when I remember). I rely mostly on faerie quests and other events to raise my stats.