Songs That Make You Cringe

Naamah D.

After reading the "Best Albums" thread, I figured I'd make another music related post. What songs do you dislike with a passion? List reasons why you do not like them For me it's:

-Funeral of Hearts by HIM

It sounds like a heavy metal folk song

-Solitare by Jesse Malin

My mom loves him, I personally don't like him. He goes "Na na na na na na!" and it reminds me of "Na na na na, na na na na, Elmo's World!"

-Soldier Boy by Mason Jennings

He sounds like a Hillbilly! And He's not even Country music!!!!!!!!

-Any song by Fall Out Boy

Ever since they got big I have not liked them

Wow! I'm all full of sugary goodness today aren't I?(Nope, I'm actually having a terrible day)

Any Justin Beiber, Rebbeca black, miley cyrus/hannah montana, and jonas brother song i seriously hate. Also let the bodies hit the floor, that song shows up on every single frikin youtube video :grrr: .

Pretty much everything by Katy Perry (however I will partially admit to sorta kinda liking parts of "ET" :P), the Black Eyed Peas, Kesha (I refuse to put the stupid dollar sign in her name), Pink, Avril Lavigne, Nickelback, Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, and oh dear god, Taylor Swift and Coldplay.

and Death Cab For Cutie...argh.

So, in summation, I despise pretty much everything you guys like. :D

I hate 85% of things you do, the other 14% i dont know what they are, the 1% left i like what are you talking about. :P there may be tons more that i hate but cant remember.

EDIT: oh yeah, elmo, barney, sesame street, etc. theme songs. though the barney one is good for parodies xD and those kid songs that teach you numbers 1 - 5, ABCs, you know just little kid stuff. xD

The preteen/teen artists who think they can sing (read: Bieber, Black, Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, or any Disney Channel star), and any rap songs. I don't consider rap to be a form of music if it only consists of a few repeated sayings strung together to a simple beat (and not even sung!). Other artists include Ke$ha, Katy Perry, and most of Lady Gaga's works.

Boy I'm intolerant!

It seems the current artists are easier to remember because that's all I hear on the radio nowadays.

What about Green Day? Are they still omgloved?

Nine words: anything by Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All. Also, most stuff by Panic At The Disco, Black Eyed Peas (some of their older stuff is tolerable, but The Time just ruins (I've Had) The Time of My Life, one of my favorite songs ever), and that's pretty much it. I generally have a more open mind than most others when it comes to music, but there are those songs + artists that I just can't stand. :/

Not as famous as they used to be. I think people go crazy over My Chemical Romance or something like that?? I haven't listened to radio in a long time because I mainly use music blogs and last.fm to find new music.

Never gonna give you up by rick astley (RICK ROLL'D), i find it annnoying yet awesome. and I agree with luciana, most songs that poeple hate are ever so popular artists. :/

Never gonna give you up by rick astley (RICK ROLL'D), i find it annnoying yet awesome.

Oh lord, I don't think I've been Rick Roll'd enough to really hate that song, but it can get annoying at times. :laughingsmiley:

GOT MY HANDS UP, THEY'RE PLAYING MY SONG

AND NOW I'M GONNA BE OKAY

IT'S A PARTY IN THE U-S-A~~~

I'm so proud that I had to look up the lyrics for the travesty -- back when it was super big I couldn't get it out of my head because everyone I knew loved it, but it seriously ticked me off every single time it was played. It's so annoying, and I hate all the teeny bopper stars that have an inflated value of self-worth, if that makes any sense.

Like Justin Bieber, a 17-year-old that's barely done anything outside of singing, already making a biographical movie?

Erfkh.

So pretty much anything by Hannah Montana or Justin Bieber.

And I'm also not keen on Nicki Manaj (however the heck you spell her name).

Incidentally, I love Katy Perry and Kesha because I like dance music. o_O; It's like. Pop-techno-dance and while the elitist in me wants to hate anything sung by a girl with an obviously low IQ, my body can't stop bopping to dance music.

I second anything by Disney artists. Also, anything by artists who don't write their own songs. Drives me crazy. I'm not really a fan of country, but I like southern rock. I think the reason everyone is so down on top 40 is because you hear the same songs ALL THE TIME and you get completely sick of them. But since they're top 40, someone MUST like them. Hmm...

lastfm_grey.gif

My last.fm

Incidentally, I love Katy Perry and Kesha because I like dance music. o_O; It's like. Pop-techno-dance and while the elitist in me wants to hate anything sung by a girl with an obviously low IQ, my body can't stop bopping to dance music.

Ke$ha's IQ is actually said to be around 140. ;) Her image as a retarded party girl is something she has created.

Besides, she writes all her own music, and the same cannot be said of the majority of popular artists.

I have a pretty high tolerance for music. The only songs I dislike are songs that have been played over and over again. And that i could use a wish right now song. it really grates on my nerves, for some reason :laughingsmiley:

There was a truly awful song my friend found on myspace that was by some random band, he used to sing it all the time, cracked me up.

Went something like; "It was a lucky night, for everyone but me"

Can't remember the name of the band... So I don't even know why I'm posting this - It was a proper cringeworthy song though o_O

"Forget" You, mostly due to it being overplayed - then Gwen Paltrow,... and oh gosh just stop already.

And The Lazy Song. Used to be decent but now it too is over played. Plus the creepy video kind of ruined it for me lol

These topics are always boring because people do nothing but list current popular artists.

That's because most of the uncurrent popular artists were not even close to being as annoying as the current popular artists of today. :rolleyes_anim:

One of the online radio stations I tune into every so often occasionally has a show called Musical Abortions....That was fun. lol

My current one being Lady Gaga-Judas.....It just flat-out sucks. She more or less reworked one of her older songs into something she's trying to use for shock value; I'm not shocked. lol...She had a few catchy tunes that were no more than rip-offs of something else. She's nothing new and certainly not anything original.

@Luciana: Well, I could list others, but most people look at me funny when I complain about a certain person doing a shoddy version of Recitar! . lol

Besides, she writes all her own music, and the same cannot be said of the majority of popular artists.

Eminem does too.....

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see you said "majority" x_x