New Yooyuball Controls

RoboHissi

I hate the new YYB I can't seem to control anything and if I just hit spacebar a bunch of times sometimes I make a goal and sometimes the ball goes to the other team. It seems more like just smashing keys rather than skill!

I kind of prefer to use the arrow keys better, it seems easier.

Neomysterion likes this post. :cool:

I'm more of an arrow keys person than a mouse person, it kind of gives me that NES sport game-like feel if you ask me.

Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. HATE!

This is atrocious - the games take much longer to play and the controls are atrocious...I think I'm gonna send in a daily complaint. I won't play it in game. I'll focus on the mini games because this is absolutely terrible. AHHHHH. Screams loudly...

Why break something that didn't even need fixing!? I only figured out how to play Yooyuball last year but I fell in love with it. I am SOOOOOO not happy!

I want the ability to control my players again! They've taken that away from me, and my opponents are FASTER THAN ME TOO!!!! They keep stealing the ball and it's harder to score. :grrr:

I agree with the lot of you, I want the old YYB back!

Am I the only one that not only likes the new Yooyuball controls, but finds them easier?

I've been able to 8 goals several times.

Before, I was lucky if I got 1 goal.

You are not alone. Your experiences with both versions of YYB mirror mine EXACTLY. This is seriously the first year, in 5 years of playing, that I've experienced any amount of enjoyment whatsoever from playing YYB. I find it to be much easier to play, much easier to score, and very much easier to understand the controls.

I'm still not going to reach an all-star rating, since I don't have that kind of time to play games, but I'm excited that I'll be working my way out of wooden-shield land this year. :)

I really wish that TNT hadn't changed it. It was so much more fun before and a LOT easier to control. My best game with lots of practice was 5-3. I can never win by more than 2 points either...

I'm kind of surprised at the way people are divided over YYB. People who had played on the old one, were good at it, and reached higher ranks with it dislike the new YYB. Opposite for those who like it: new to the Cup, not good at the old one, or played very little in previous years. Not sure what that says.

After some practice I can win with 8-10 goals. I think it's a step in the right direction that TNT addressed some issues about new YYB (including controls and TIMING YAY) in the editorial, but unfortunately they have not discussed all the problems and their solutions may come too late for the start of the Cup. Additionally, ranking up with YYB will take nearly twice as long if the old ranking system is still in place. Maxing is nearly impossible.

Still fairly bummed. Not so excited to play YYB for hours anymore. I was planning on maxing nearly every day too. :sad02:

Im even having trouble with this system..i press space bar to shoot and it just plops down...i cant figure out how to pass or switch between characters either

You may have better luck holding down the spacebar before shooting. It will give you "more power" when they kick. :laughingsmiley:

Since I haven't played the old version (since I seemed to always miss the AC) I can't really compare them, but based on everyones' descriptions, I feel like I would have preferred this one anyway. I'm not much of a mouse-person, and arrow keys are easier for me.

BUT I do admit that, at first, this game was REALLY annoying. The first 2-3 times that I played, I lost horribly. But here's some advice; If you shoot the ball into the opposite goal and the goalie catches it, press SHIFT. It makes your players go back to their original position, defending your own goal. It really makes a difference. You just have to get used to it a little bit, and then it's not so bad. Also, as soon as one of your player's get the ball, HOLD DOWN the space ball, so that their power-bar or whatever goes up to maximum, letting them throw the ball faster and farther. If you aim right, you can even make a goal from the mid-line. :P Now the only time I mess up is if I get a Darigan Yoyuu or a Mutant one.

D-n-h

It is nightmarish. And I never did the practice thing either, so I didn't know until now that they change the control. Before my average score is 11-0. Now I barely win.

Things I hate about new control.

The player switch: so annoying

The players walking randomly: why can't they just stand still?

How I am unable to steal ball while the enemy hold it and how they seem to steal my ball with ease

The way we have to watch all those news talk and cheering. before I always skip those thing and save around 30s per game which seem small, but if you multiply that to the 2000 games required for the best trouphy....

I'm not having any trouble at all with the controls, it's the lag that makes me wanna headdesk.

OMG Laaaaaaaag. Good thing it's not constant, only happens for about 20 seconds at some point each game. x_x

How I am unable to steal ball while the enemy hold it and how they seem to steal my ball with ease

Tap space to steal -- it's not automatic anymore. You can steal from the goalie now, which makes it easier.

The way we have to watch all those news talk and cheering. before I always skip those thing and save around 30s per game which seem small, but if you multiply that to the 2000 games required for the best trouphy....

You can press any key to skip them, same as before. The only difference is that it doesn't skip the time, but TNT's working on a new version that'll hopefully fix that (and some of the player-switching glitchiness, too).

For lag, I opened it up in large, then copied and pasted the URL into a new window so I could change the quality to low. It actually made the game move a bit too fast for me, but there's no lag! (I add "&quality=low" to the end of the URLs for the side games, too.)

I absolutely hate the new controls. It auto-selects all of the wrong players for me, and never selects my goalkeeper until it's too late! It makes me so frustrated to see who I need to move to save the game, but be unable to do anything about it!!!

I sort of prefer the new controls:

Likes: the arrow keys and space bar; players automatically moving themselves - when I used to play Yooyuball, I was so awful at keeping my team evenly spread I'd end up with all players piled on the opposing end of the pitch, and then leaving my end free for the opposing team to try and score with minimum intereference

Dislikes: the auto select in that it gets so confusing when you've got two players going one way, and two players going the other way, and all of a sudden, you're switching to someone going the other way, and as a result you end up loosing valuable time.

I thought that mouse controls were better because I stonk at arrow keys,but as i got used to it I seemed to get better and better with every try.Well the saying is true..."practice makes perfect.Oh and I love the new power ups,there very useful thought. :D

Understand first that I disliked the old version of the game, and the more I played it, the more I hated it. My participation in the Cup dropped off fast after the first year.

That said...this new version stinks on ice. I don't care which player the game thinks I should be using. I want to use the one I think I should use. The game takes that control away now, and leaves us stuck with erratic player-switching (which almost invariably seems to come too late). It also takes away some of the finer movement control that was possible with the mouse, which enabled some maneuvers that were, well, slightly less boring than the rest of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a six year vet and i go to play yooyuball today and i was so confused i normally can get 12 goals per game in past years but im lucky if i can get 4 now i really wish they would put it back to what it was

I am a six year vet and i go to play yooyuball today and i was so confused i normally can get 12 goals per game in past years but im lucky if i can get 4 now i really wish they would put it back to what it was

I was a liitle upset since my computer crashed a few months ago and i lost all my account info and just got my computer back today and had to start a new account and i was looking so forward to the altador cup

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.