Neopet wigs...

Kosby

34 members have voted

1. 1. YAY or NAY: wigs on pets.

• YAY - they're super cute.
    • NAY - they're just weird looking.
    • Mmm, depends which ones.

So, I was just nosing through the NC mall and I tried a couple of the wigs on my Kougra...and it just looked so creepy to me! Don't get me wrong, I love the clothes, but am I the only one who thinks that some of the hair looks a bit weird? I do like the mohawks because you can still see the pets head and ears properly, but those like the full on blonde ones, they just don't seem right to me... :mellow:

I'm interested; YAY or NAY to wigs on your pets?

I agree... I mean, you wouldn't put a wig on your real pets (if you're a normal person!)... I agree that the Mohawks are kinda funny and definitely not that bad... But I guess if your pet is supposed to be in costume... I mean, I wouldn't put clothes and accessories on my real dog either (mostly because he would tear them up and eat them!).

I dunno, I don't want my pets to look too human!

I agree... I mean, you wouldn't put a wig on your real pets (if you're a normal person!)... I agree that the Mohawks are kinda funny and definitely not that bad... But I guess if your pet is supposed to be in costume... I mean, I wouldn't put clothes and accessories on my real dog either (mostly because he would tear them up and eat them!).

I dunno, I don't want my pets to look too human!

Exactly what I'm getting at, yes. I mean, I still want my pets to look like pets, not like they're trying to be human.

I really think it depends on the species. I think my Aisha looks really cute with a wig, but I don't like them on every species. Besides, if you are putting other clothing on your pet (aside from collars), you are already adding a human element. In that context, a wig can be fine.

I really think it depends on the species. I think my Aisha looks really cute with a wig, but I don't like them on every species. Besides, if you are putting other clothing on your pet (aside from collars), you are already adding a human element. In that context, a wig can be fine.

It does depend on the species. My Aisha is the same way(well she looks cute in everything) but when I tried putting a wig on my Grundo she looked almost scary :*

But this is also coming from someone who puts a Christmas sweater on her Hissi when it's not even Christmas....

Mmm, I have seen some Aisha's in wigs that actually look nice, yes, that's true. Maybe they just don't suit the species I have, that and all of my pets are male, which perhaps explains my preference for the mohawks :)

To me, it depends on the pet. My Kougra looks pretty good in her Fire Faerie wig, but most other wigs look dreadful on her. I typically choose hats over wigs since some pets sort of have hair anyway (like Xweetok's manes)

To me, it depends on the pet. My Kougra looks pretty good in her Fire Faerie wig, but most other wigs look dreadful on her. I typically choose hats over wigs since some pets sort of have hair anyway (like Xweetok's manes)

Yeah I guess it's a good point that a lot of the pets have hair... And I tend to agree that hats, bows, & other head accessories tend to be cuter (except face paint, which can be cool but usually is kind of scary!).

Aishas look pretty good in wigs I think.

But personally I don't like to put wigs on my pets, but I don't mind drawing them as Anthros so yea xD

Love wigs but unfortunately they're often poorly executed.

Either they've got a weird head piece, awkward animation or just look outright ridiculous on some species.

Needless to say -- I'm kind of addicted haha

Love wigs but unfortunately they're often poorly executed.

Either they've got a weird head piece, awkward animation or just look outright ridiculous on some species.

I couldn't agree with you more! x_x

Actually, I'm pretty divided concerning clothing and wigs on Neopets. As pets, dressing them is just bizarre... but the site portrays them more as anthropomorphic characters, not quadruped animals. You don't see four-legged Ixis, Kougras, and Xweetoks... you see Hanso, Brynn, and Xandra. In that light, wearing clothing and wigs seems like not so strange an idea. :)

I like wigs (mostly cause I love working with them in real life) however most of them on neopets just look...well not so nice. As it has been stated a few posts above me XD besides the only pet that wears a wig is my female usul. Just stinks that you can no longer get some wigs since I would really like 2 of them right now for the latest outfit I'm working on for Shivaleine. The big purple wig with pink bows is just a tad bit too much now. Oh well can't have it all right?

It depends; I'd like them more if TNT made it possible for Neopets to wear both a wig and a hat. I've got a Ruki who's wearing a Fancy Pink Gown and a Pink Sun Hat, but she looks really odd imo because of the lack of hair.

Most of the wigs look really good on Hissis, to note. I tend to keep one on mine most of the times(surprisingly, dresses look the best on her too.) But yeah, on most of the pets, wigs look really bad. Especially when you can tell the artist didn't do the perspective right for some of the three quarters ones.

Most of the wigs look really good on Hissis, to note. I tend to keep one on mine most of the times(surprisingly, dresses look the best on her too.) But yeah, on most of the pets, wigs look really bad. Especially when you can tell the artist didn't do the perspective right for some of the three quarters ones.

Hahaha! If I make my Hissi who is a male wear a Christmas sweater I can only imagine him in a wig! You're right though, on a lot of pets the wigs don't look so great....my poor Grundo. I put a purpley-pink wig on her with a bunch of bows she looked kinda.....disturbing almost.

My Hissi looks better in the blue fishing hat you get at the General Store. He also looks good in khakis....and in Christmas sweaters. :woot:

if i am in your shoe, i dont really mind what the other said, if i think it is good for my pet, then i will have a go.

if i dont like it, surely there should be no point for me to put it on wasnt it ;)

anyway, for my opinion, i will say Nay ^_^

why? the pet already look good with whatever it is put on their head

thats my 3 cents, i gave you 2 cents and i'm giving some more ^^, thank you

I love dressing up my girl pets all pretty and most of the time the wigs really suit them! If there's a really nice wig in the NC Mall I have to buy it eventually, haha. I've noticed that most of the male wigs look a bit weird though. :eh:

• 3 weeks later...