Odd Disease All Over Neopia!

hrtbrk

Edit: This was obviously an April Fools' joke by TNT, everything is back to normal now. View our coverage here!

Doctors are scrambling to find a cure to the newly discovered disease, Scourgies. Thankfully, certain parts of Neopia have been quarantined for your safety. If you see crossed boards with a skull on them, do NOT visit that area!

2iu96yr.png

Marked areas have had reports of this highly contagious disease, and even just being in the vicinity could give you Scourgies. Temporary cures are currently available at the Neopian Hospital. However, if a more permanent cure is not found, it may not bode well for your neopets.

*Curing a pet enough times with Blazingly Hot Soup gives you a Blazingly Hot Soup Background!

BULLETIN [12:51:59 pm NST]: The mystery disease has been identified as the Scourgies. It is highly contagious. Avoiding contact with other neopets is critical at this stage so the disease does not spread any further. Doctors are continuing to look for a cure before all hope is lost.

BULLETIN [10:20:13 am NST]: Neopian health crisis worsens as doctors, chemists, and potion-makers scramble to find a cure. Panic sets in among a worried populace; shelves at the Pharmacy are emptied by neopets desperate for a cure for this horrible illness. Meanwhile, cases have been reported in every Neopian land, making it a pandemic.

BULLETIN [8:37:06 am NST]: Neopian Hospital over-run with sick neopets, all suffering from this mysterious illness. Further symptoms include itchiness, dizziness, and muscle aches. If you have any of these symptoms, please avoid contact with healthy neopets, drink plenty of fluids, and rest in a darkened room.

BULLETIN [3:42:21 am NST]: Symptoms of the unidentified illness include growths on the face and body, a persistent cough, and severe headache. Neopians are encouraged to remain indoors and avoid those showing symptoms of the illness. It is recommended that Neopians cover the gaps in the doors and windows of their Neohomes to keep out germs.

BULLETIN [1:03:56 am NST]: Neopets all over Neopia have complained of not feeling well. Crowds are rushing to the Pharmacy for a cure, but the illness has not yet been identified. Scientists across the land are hard at work, trying to find the source of the illness so they can contain it as they search for a treatment.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Lol someone has already done it with all my piñata :laughingsmiley:

Yeah, that was me lool, and cures for Alice too!

Man, I'm really loving this first of april prank! And my active fits in so well XD (he's dressed as a doctor loool)

*sigh* Michael is ill again, I guess it's pretty random because all my other pets are ok...

I like this prank, last year's was not this fun!

Edit: Got the background on my second attemp, yay! Why not a Slorgs background <_<

Ummm...is it safe for your pets to wear wearables while they have this? Dumb question but I don't wanna burn their clothes :sad02:

Yes, it is safe :) Don't need to worry.

This is a piñata prank right? And also can baby piñata get effected? because my baby piñata did not but the rest of my pets did...

As far as I know, pets that cannot be customized are unable to catch the disease (baby, mutant and unconverted pets are immune)

Lol, all three of my pets have it.. yet I don't understand what's going on... lol. first time on piñata during april 1st.

Feels like ages since I was last on piñata

EDIT: oh i want one of those cute slorgs! [':

As far as I know, pets that cannot be customized are unable to catch the disease (baby, mutant and unconverted pets are immune)

My baby blumaroo Chezalla doesn't appear to have to the disease in her image, but on the Quick Ref page her notices say she has it. Also, she can be cured, I cured her on my side account the first time. I think that the image of the diseases and the cures are just not compatible with these pets. If you go into the customization tool, the diseases and cures are shown as wearables.

My baby blumaroo Chezalla doesn't appear to have to the disease in her image, but on the Quick Ref page her notices say she has it. Also, she can be cured, I cured her on my side account the first time. I think that the image of the diseases and the cures are just not compatible with these pets. If you go into the customization tool, the diseases and cures are shown as wearables.

Ahh! :D

So it's there, just incognito LOL Good to know :D Poor baby pets, tho :(

I don't think I like this prank as much as others seem to, I found last year's more fun. I wonder if this will become a new disease that will act like a normal one after today. Of course, all our pets will be back to normal by then. :)

yeah all my pet is isn't yet cured so cure me and you get the BACKGROUND and also i got this in my home page

forums001.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yeah i don't know what those "xxx" means help

The xxx means that the page is a highly contagious area of the disease and you should stay away from the page in order to avoid infection. The fact that the xxx are showing up all over the place simply shows the spreading of the disease. Don't worry to much about it, everything will back to normal tomorrow.

I wish that our piñatas could keep the items used to cure them. I got the background on my first try by curing my guild friend's piñata. Healing Springs didn't even heal my piñatas. <_< Lol. This one is fun, but so many people on the boards are cursing it. :laughingsmiley:

Wow, this is definitely better than last year's prank.. Way to go TNT!

(Oh, and could someone 'heal' my piñata please? That background sounds spiffy.)

I cured yours

This post has been edited by a member of staff (I am a Magical Piñaté) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long. Quotes do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.