No Longer Using NeoBoards

xSummer

After two weeks of playing, I have received two warnings. The first one was on a board with someone asking if they would get frozen cause they had to log off and leave a game of keyquest. I said you can leave a game of keyquest only if it is a super must and something is happening in the real world and you have to. It's always good to jot down their username and send them a message telling them why and you were sorry. TNT said I was telling people it wasok to quit anytime. The second one was just now when someone asked what site to go to for pb lsits i said thedailyneopets. I guess I only have one warning left. I send in a ticket about the first one cause I thought that was wrong but I am no longer using those boards. Seems like they are what gets me into trouble.

so please be careful what you say on those boards

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post. If you have something you wish to add, edit your previous post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

While I understand your side and are sympathetic to you, both situations are technically against the written neopets rules. The neoboards are useful at times but they have their drawbacks as well. But we're more than happy that you can now hang around our boards more instead :king:

i understand too but i feel the keyquest was wrong because if something important is happening like say your mom is going into labor or someone is really sick and needs you, you should be able to quit, and send the user a message stating so. Either way I sent in a ticket apologizing.

i like it much better here cause i don't have to feel so sensored. it's three warning though right before your frozen? im nervous.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post. If you have something you wish to add, edit your previous post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I actually don't know how many warnings it is before you get frozen but they also instituted the new 'silencing' thing where if you are warned for certain things they may just decide to not let you use the neoboards. And I agree that there are situations that justify leaving a game of keyquest but really on the neopets site its just better for them to not ever say so.

gotcha. well they were both on neoboards so hopefully they don't freeze my account they just silence cause i'd be totally ok with that. my first account got scammed and they froze me cause of it (long story) and now that I am finally back and don't have a grudge i may be frozen again. and i already have 400k! i think if it happens again i won't be back. i just can't keep rebuilding

gotcha. well they were both on neoboards so hopefully they don't freeze my account they just silence cause i'd be totally ok with that. my first account got scammed and they froze me cause of it (long story) and now that I am finally back and don't have a grudge i may be frozen again. and i already have 400k! i think if it happens again i won't be back. i just can't keep rebuilding

I had that problem too! I lost my account due to a scam and I actually quit for a while. I just joined again recently.

Anyway, you should definitely be careful about what you post. That's why I rarely use the neoboards. It's not really worth it to me! :sad01_anim:

yeah, the boards are filled to the brim with some of the rudest and most idiotic beings I have ever encountered.

Yet, I can't stay away from them. I tend to lurk though. I'm deathly afraid of being silenced or... *gulp* iced.

yeah, i feel like it's best to use the neoboards just to lurk or put in the random noncomittal comment. it's really bizarre the things they're icing/silencing people for these days.

and to the OP, i totally understand your side of the story. honestly, i have no idea what is or isn't allowed on neopets anymore. i recently knew someone who got silenced for putting their scratchcard piece (a bugged reward from daily dare--was supposed to go into your habbie but ended up in your inventory instead, where you couldn't put it in your sdb) in their trades to keep it safe.

i guess the quieter you are on neopets, the better. :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not on the boards a lot ... mainly I'm on the Pound Chat looking for my Dreamie UFA or on the AC chatting about avvies or on the EVENT board whatever it is .. DD or TFR or whatever ... but I dont go to the HC ... too many silly people there making fun of others who are seeking serious help :worried:

well, yaknow thats the way it goes.. as TNT says:

"Would it be against the rules to get around the profanity filters on the Neoboards if we were using the word in a legitimate way? Like, say, if I were to find a way to get around the filter for the word "naked," but I was only using it as part of the phrase "naked mole rat." Would it be a reportable offense? Thanks for answering; this has been bothering me for a while now. ~cany230

No offence to the naked mole rats of the world, but if a word is in our filter, then it's not to be used, even if your conversation is legitimately in regard to the mole rats of the world (for example). Attempting to get around our filters may result in a warning / silencing for your account, even if you felt that what you were trying to communicate was not offensive. "

I don't think I ever got a warning from something I said on the Neoboards. Or anything else, really.

I had no idea they were so strict about something like what you say to other people, regarding KQ.

Don't warnings disappear over time though? It's not like, one year from now you'll still have two warning hanging over your head, right?

I've been playing for over 7 years, but I've been lucky enough (or behaved well enough, I guess) that I never got a warning of any kind. 0:)

For me and my Neoboards usage, I'm very rarely ever on the Neoboards.

I never got warned on the Neoboards. Even if I do post there, I'll still be just as nice as I am here at TDN.

In all, I tend to lurk the Neoboards rather than post like a maniac over there, since Neopets is still a "kids" site. :P

I've never used them because I'm too scared of getting iced...and if I'm honest I just don't have the inclination. If I need people to talk to I'll just come here!

For me and my Neoboards usage, I'm very rarely ever on the Neoboards.

I never got warned on the Neoboards. Even if I do post there, I'll still be just as nice as I am here at TDN.

In all, I tend to lurk the Neoboards rather than post like a maniac over there, since Neopets is still a "kids" site. :P

You know what confuses me? If Neopets is a "kids" site, which it is primarily though we all know adults who use it (myself included), why is one of the most frequent ads for Michelin brand tires? I get it constantly & it slows down my gameplay (especially during Daily Dare) but with it being a kids site . . . why advertise for tires of all things???

You know what confuses me? If Neopets is a "kids" site, which it is primarily though we all know adults who use it (myself included), why is one of the most frequent ads for Michelin brand tires? I get it constantly & it slows down my gameplay (especially during Daily Dare) but with it being a kids site . . . why advertise for tires of all things???

The advertise is for everybody different. I got adds from Migros a store in switzerland... Perhaps they knew you have a car =P

Guest Yoshinho

If you do not like the ads. Use TDN's add blocking guide or get Ad block plus for firefox. (Select easylist or fanboy's list or both after install)

ooh! I didn't know you could block the ads. Sometimes I'll get a crazy ad that takes up the entire sides on my computer and slows everything way down. Usually its for a big ad like a movie or something, but I got one today about a toothbrush. dumb! :rolleyes_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

I have no use for the Neoboards now that I have TDN. People here are much nicer and have more intelligent things to say. Those boards move so fast sometimes too that I can't keep up. There's so many pointless boards, too, like people looking for an MSPP or a SuAP, which is so incredibly unlikely.

Sometimes I really think that TNT is super funny.

I was silenced for 24hours for providing my e-mail address to my neofriend.(I understand that TNT try to protect the user, but I am not a kid anymore!) I remembered I did the same thing 5 years ago and nothing happened. Maybe TNT has changed the rule after that.

The most weird thing is, nothing happened on my neofriend who asked for my facebook e-mail. So if TNT does not allow users to ask other for "social networking sites" account, why not TNT includes words such as "Facebook" in their filter? :O

Undoubtedly, neoboard is still useful to advertise my shop, finding active Habitarium neighbours or when I need help on Faerie quest. So I am still using it carefully. :P

Yeah, the censoring thing is really intense on Neopets :/

I had a friend who got silenced for 24 hours because she said something about being "flexible"...

Luckily they didn't freeze her, but I've stayed away from the boards ever since.

Personally I have never used the neoboards.

I don't know if it was just me, but the stuff that I see there are usually nonsense like someone saying "BWAAAHHH" or something. Well, something that I would consider as spam, but then maybe it's just me and he corner/ topic I was in.

In addition, I also find it a bit messy too, but then again, it may be because I never bothered to familiarise myself with it.

I didn't know that TNT was that strict in the neoboards, but if that was so, what was all the nonsense I saw before? =X