Exploration and Danger

Guest Christmas Trace (Not Tree)

Firos took a handmade tool out of his backpack and threw it on the ground just in front of him. It exploded and released a small cloud of smoke. When this cleared, Firos jumped into the hole and covered it up with leaves, at the same time releasing his pet pet, which zoomed off and created a nearby forest fire to cover Firos' scent. The Monoceraptor set off in the direction of the fire, missing the smell of prey coming from the bed of leaves it nearly stepped on. Its job done, the baby fireball zoomed back into the magically dimension-warped expanses of Firos' backpack and snuggled down somewhere inside.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanner's comlink suddenly crackled to life. "Spanner, come in, repeat, Spanner, come in. We have you on our sensors, please clarify your situation."

"I wasn't aware that my situation required clarification! It's the Monoceraptor!"

"We read you spanner, fighters are on the way."

"Hey guys! The space station is sending fighters to help us!"

Fighters? Firos thought. I'm getting into something larger than just a bunch of weary travellers... He looked them over again, and thought absentmindedly, Hey, that brown Xweetok looks a lot like my mentor, Levy.

Suddenly, and without warning, a mutant Hissi leaped out of the bushes and attacked Monoceraptor.

Levy let out a small gasp and took off running faster than the others could follow.

The mutant Hissi drew back its heads before biting hard into the Monoceraptor's thick hide. The Monoceraptor stumbled a bit before slowly turning purple and crashing to the ground. It was not breathing.

Sakkani, who had jumped into the water, quickly jumped out and looked at the Monoceraptor. "Erm, should we leave? I doubt we want to be here at a time like this," she said, motioning at the dead Monoceraptor.

The Hissi climbed off the Monoceraptor and his right head said, "Don't worry, this terror has been marked for extermination. I'm just glad I was able to take him down for good."

"I'm sorry if I startled you, the Monoceraptor has been after me. But the stupid thing thought any Hissi was me. My name is Takinito Topsi; inventor, scientist, and explorer." said the Mutant Hissi's left head.

Firos looked at the dead Monoceraptor. He then looked at the mutant hissi. He'd heard of Takinito Topsi; everyone had heard of him. But this was the first time he had actually met him. Every instinct he had told him to head away, to prevent them from following him, to run. But the brown Xweetok looked so much like Levy.

But it couldn't be Levy. Levy was youger, without those lines of worry around his eyes, and he never went anywhere without a large group of friends. But still, maybe this Xweetok knew Levy, or perhaps was his cousin or twin. He might help Firos, even give him shelter for the night.

"Okay, I know that this must sound a bit un-intelligent of me, but how do ya'll know each other?" asked Sakkani, looking at the group.

"I am not on active duty, I heard the roars from my neohome in Neopia Central. Damn thing sure can shout." said Takinito's right head.

"I've been after him for years, I finally gained the means to kill him." said Takinito's left head.

"Have any of you seen a Brown Xweetok anywhere? He took off when we docked at Altador about a year ago and I have been trying to find him." questioned Takinito's right head.

Sakkani set off into the air. Something was up. Where could Levy be? These pets knew each other, and it wasn't from a friendly party...

Levy had found a gap in some tree roots and hid himself inside them. He was nearly invisible. Camouflaged so well that not even an aerial search could find him.

"That's ok, he can come find me when he is ready. Levy, has changed." Takinito's right head said.

He then motioned to his left, "Come, I have some transportation already made. I can take you all to Neopia Central. From there, the choice is your's." said Takinito's left head.

Spanner took out the receiving end of a tracking device. "If you really need to find Levy, you can use this. The transmitter should be lodged somewhere in his digestive tract."

Firos found the Xweetok in no time. He was well camouflaged, but Firos knew the forest too well to be tricked like that. Sneaking up on him, he decided to try to speak to him.

"Errr... hello." he said. "Might you... well, have ever perhaps known a brown Xweetok named Levy?"

Spanner looked around. "Come to think of it, where's that strange blue Bori that was following us?"

"No, I think I'll just look around for Levy. I can fly to Neopia Central, if I want to," answered Sakkani to Takinito. She flew into the air, but came down once more, because it would be hard to see Levy from a few feet away in the dimming woods- sunset was coming, and he was easily camouflaged, being a brown pet. It would be near impossible to see him from dozens of feet in the air.

Levy looked upset, "I am Levy." he said to the bori, "Leave me alone ok, I've been doing fine by myself. So leave! And don't tell anyone you found me."

Takinito's left head looked at Spanner, "How did you manage to get a tracker inside him?"

"Xweetoks have a fast metabolism, even if you got a tracker in him it probably isn't there now." said Takinito's right head.

"These are the special auto model you designed remember?" Spanner said to Takinito, "They lodge themselves into the digestive tract. And I think we'd better check on the others.

Just then, Spanner's comlink crackled, "Spanner, this is squadron G445, we are tracking the Monoceraptor three miles north of your position. Be advised it is heading your way."

"What! What do you mean! I'm looking at the dead Monoceraptor right here! There can't possibly be two can there?"

Firos was appalled. It could not be. Levy had been kind to him. Then he decided that Levy must be still angry. After all, it was Firos' fault that he had been caught.

Firos bitterly decided that he would never ever have a family. Levy had been his family. Now even Levy hated him. His hopes dashed, Firos ran into the woods...

...and almost ran into the mouth of the enormous Monoceraptor. There was no fooling it now. Firos started to run. He thought, How could it have recovered so fast? Or are there many Monoceraptors, and this is just another one? Could it be?

He fumbled in his backpack, and pulled out a mountain of bottles of sand. He poured them out on the ground. The Monoceraptor, going at full speed, slipped, stumbled and fell down, impaling itself on the hundreds of obsidian daggers that Firos had buried slightly in the ground to hold them in position, facing upwards. It was mortally wounded, but amazingly did not die immediately. It got up, bleeding heavily from its wounded side, and continued the chase.

"This is Space Station sensor command to all planetside units, we are reading 3, repeat 3 Monoceraptors closing on Kiko Lake. One is mortally injured but in close pursuit of a Bori."

"Understood control," said Spanner, "Request additional backup."