Exploration and Danger

Guest Christmas Trace (Not Tree)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Holy prunes, are you okay?" asked Sakkani incredulously from around ten feet in the air. She landed with a thump on the ground beside the wrecked ship. Glancing at the orange Hissi and the brown Xweetok, she wondered how far away they were from those tools and the rope.

Levy quieted down and wandered back into the brush. He managed to sneak around to the other side of the craft and walk inside unnoticed.

After flipping through some papers which fell to the ground, he went to the cockpit area. It all seemed to familiar. Maybe it was the intruments but something was errily similar to what happened three years ago.

Levy looked accross the systems and found what he was looking for, and what he hoped he would never see again. Just underneath one of the special system panels were the words, DESIGNED BY TAKINITO, Y6.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Spanner said, "But your friend the Xweetok might want to get out of that cockpit. Not all of the crash bags inflate on impact... I set one off once in training. I landed so hard that I couldn't sit for the rest of the day."

Levy noticed the pannel was loose. He ripped it open and took a couple of small parts thet looked useful. A crash bag tried to set off, but there was not enough air.

Levy pocketed the the parts and walked out.

He approached the grarrl, "Gotta name?"

"My name is too long for anyone to remember... even I forget it sometimes, but you can call me by my call sign, Spanner. Did you find any salvageable parts I missed?"

"Just some unimportant papers, my name is Levy. I'm not sure who the Uni and Hissi are. Doesn't a craft like that come with survival packs? You know, incase of a crash? You're lucky you didn't land in the ocean." said Levy.

"There are survival packs, but the people up at the space station are way too budget aware. You never know what kind of useful stuff you can salvage."

Spanner looked at the odd group gathered around the crash site. "So what exactly are you doing here?"

Sakkani, who had bee watching the conversation silently, jumped. "Oh! My name's Sakkani. We were going to go with- your name's Levy, right?" she asked the Xweetok. "Anyway, we were going with Levy along that stream that empties into Kiko Lake- We didn't get terribly far at all and then we heard your crash."

"I would hazard a guess that we're about 30 miles further up stream. Should we keep going toward Kiko Lake?" asked Sakkani.

Levy heard an extremly faint roar. It was way too far away for the others to hear it, but Levy heard it plain as day. The Monoceraptor had woken up.

Levy decided not to bring up the subject again. Panic would only make situations worse than they already were. The sun was already begining to set.

"We need to settle down here for the night. We can't be wandering the woods in pitch blackness. Let's build a fire. We'll set out for Kiko lake in the mourning." said Levy.

"That's odd," Spanner said, looking at the display of his portable sensor kit, "I'm picking up a strange reading, heading right for us. The thing is, I've seen this reading before - when we were tracking the Monoceraptor at the space station."

Levy came running back shouting, "RUUUUUUUNNN RUN, EVERYBODY RUUUN!!!"

Then the Monoceraptor burst through the trees, twice the size it was before.

monoceraptor_left.gif

"Levy, grab my hoof! Spanner, get hold on to Oran! We can fly above him!" Sakkani shouted to the group, preparing herself for flight.