Exploration and Danger

Guest Christmas Trace (Not Tree)

"I'll go get some wood." said Levy waking into the woods.

He returned a short time later with an armful of logs and bark.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanner looked up nervously from his portable sensor kit. "Uh, guys? We have a slight problem here..." The ground shook under the force of an enormous footstep.

"Let's go over the lake! He can't reach us if we go over the lake. Or- even- we could go under the lake," Sakkani said, grabbing an air mote from her pocket. I hope this works... She thrust the air mote into Kiko Lake, and, just as she had hoped, a bubble of air large enough for the four travelers to fit it appeared in the greenish depths.

Sakkani shouted "Just jump!" to the other two and jumped into the depths of Kiko Lake, landing in the bubble of air beside Spanner. "Wow!" was the only thing Sakkani could think. It was truly beautiful under the lake, with wild aquatic petpets swimming under the depths. She could see a school of Fellies following their leader even farther down into the lake.

Spanner fished a couple of flashbang grenades out of his pack, surfaced, armed them and tossed them at the Monoceraptor, and quickly dived again.

Levy was the last to get into the bubble. Then the Monoceraptor gave an annoyed grunt and angrily walked away. In a bubble, under Kiko Lake. Not Levy's strangest day, thankfully not his last. He owes his life to these strangers he now calls his friends. He decided and figured it would do no harm.

"Want to see the creature that once terrorized the habitants of this lake?"

"There isn't much left of it, it was killed a few years ago. The name of its killer is Takinito, a very fierce and very smart Hissi." Levy said as they were following him, "You should have heard of Takinito before, Spanner, he designed most of the systems in the space stations. From defence to weapons, his downfall was about 3 or four years ago. According to some of his writings, he was working with a new energy system. It failed disasterously. The stations pulled his fundings after that. Come on, don't fall behind, the skeleton of the monster should be up here alittle ways."

"You know Takinito? Wait, Levy, are you THE Levy? The Levy Takinito always talked about?"

((May I join in?))

Name: Firos

Species: Bori

Color: Green

Personality: Shy, removed. Seems to be able to sneak away and go anywhere he wants and come back without anyone noticing.

Other: A young hermit in the woods around Kiko Lake. Keeps everything he owns in his backpack, somehow managing to fit anything and everything he wants in no matter how big it is. Has a Baby Fireball (petpet) but normally keeps it in his backpack.

Firos was relieved that the commotion was over. Using a fire generated by his petpet and taking advantage of his colour, he had easily evaded the Monoceraptor. However, he wanted to get as far away as possible before it woke up. He couldn't dive into the lake for risk of being noticed by the four strangers, but he would follow them around the woods. They were... interesting. He would keep his distance, though. The brown Xweetok seemed to be a magnet for bad luck.

antiaircraft took out his portable sensor kit and had another look at it. "Why is there a Bori following us?" he whispered to the others.

Firos saw the Grarrl speak. He also realized that he was wearing a Virtupets fighter pilot suit and holding a portable sensor kit. He scolded himself silently for being so careless. His mentor had always told him "If you don't know even one little thing about who you're dealing with, they might turn you upside down and inside out." Remembering what had happened to him, and what part he had to play in it, Firos felt a pang of regret, then recovered and retreated, hurrying some distance into the woods. He would just have to stay out of range of the kit until he could find some way to trick it.

"He may not be an enemy- let's just act like we don't notice him; he could be of aid," muttered Sakkani, who before this had been rather quiet. "Should we head towards Neopia Central?"

"There it is, it was never given a name." Levy pointed to the long stretch of bones. It looked like the bones of an enormous snake or worm, "When it was the dominant creature in this lake, the lake was just a smelly lake of acids and sludge. The Kikos have done a magnificent job in cleaning this place up, so shall we head north?"

The sun had long since set and they water was plainly black, the only light was the glow from the moon.

"In response to your earlier question, Spanner, yes. I am THE Levy who was once Takinito's closest friend." said Levy, he was heading north.

"Wow. Takinito spoke very highly of you. He said you were the bravest person who ever lived." Spanner suddenly noticed that it was unusually quiet. "Shouldn't there be some tourists around here?"

Firos was at first determined to run out of range, but eventually his curiosity overcame his fear. For a brief moment he felt loneliness, even wondering if perhaps he could join them...

No. They would reject him. Everyone rejected him. Everyone except the brown Xweetok who had taken him in, and now he was captured, probably hanged. Firos remembered the night, the sudden cocking of guns while they were examining the empty house. He was caught, and all because of Firos' curiosity. Sometimes he wondered what they accused him of...

Absorbed in his own thoughts, he tripped over the root of a tree and fell straight into the path of the four travellers. Sure they would kill him, he tried to scramble back into the bushes and the safety of the dense foliage, but it was too late. They had seen him, and quite clearly too.

((Due to radical differences between our times, I may be asleep while you are waiting for me to post here))

Spanner stopped in front of the Bori. "Who are you? And why were you following us?" he asked.

"I... I'm s-sorry! Please, I didn't mean you any harm! Don't kill me!" Firos set off at a run, hoping to lose them in the safety of the forest.

((Firos is a child, by the way))

"Duck and cover! It's the Monoceraptor again!" Spanner yelled, jumping into the lake.