Exploration and Danger

Guest Christmas Trace (Not Tree)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If I remember the scientists right, the Monoceraptor's sense of smell can be confused by magical objects, especially fire based ones, but it's just as likely to enrage it as it is to repel it." Spanner whispered.

"A scientist's theory on magical object, that's a new one. We need to get to Kiko Lake! The Monoceraptor doesn't attack settled areas, especially not after its embarassing defeat in Tyrannia." said Levy, waiting for flight.

Sakkani flew up higher, Levy dangling from her hoof. As she flew faster and faster above the winding stream, the Monoceraptor's roars becoming softer as she flew. "Levy," she asked, "what are we going to do once we get to Kiko Lake?"

"Levy, toss me the rope from the riverbank! You can hold on to it, and we can pick up Spanner and Oran with it," shouted Sakkani from up high, her eyes following the river that lay below her.

Spanner pulled out a piece of raw meat from his pack and tossed it past the Monoceraptor into the woods.

When Levy saw that the meat didn't divert the Monoceraptor's attention, Levy made a daring decision. Though stupid it may have been.

Levy let go of Sakkani and fell. It felt like falling forever, the Monoceraptor slowly getting bigger and bigger. Time seemed to stop somewhere right before hitting the Monoceraptor, the sheer mass of the Monoceraptor hitting the ground from the Xweetok's hit was enough to shake the ground beneath everyone's feet. Levy quickly got up and ran around the Monoceraptor, the Monoceraptor was clearly getting annoyed.

"RUN! RUN FAR FROM HERE! I'LL HOLD IT OFF!" said Levy, then he jumped onto the Monoceraptor and climbed up it. He was digging his claws deep into the Monoceraptor's thick skin as he was climbing. Then Levy jumped off and headed south, with the Monoceraptor chasing him.

"No! If one of us goes, we all go!" shouted Sakkani, dipping down above Levy and dangling the rope. "Grab it! We can fly higher than he can go!"

"No!" shouted Sakkani defiantly. I can't be the cause of another death. I have to save him. I have to. She flew a few meters above Levy again. "Levy, just grab it!"

"I SAID GET OUT OF HERE! I PROMISE WE'LL MEET UP AGAIN! GOO!" shouted Levy, still running. His direction seemed to change to south west. The Monoceraptor still followed.

Sakkani flew back up into the clouds, feeling distraught. If Levy was killed, it would be all her fault. "All my fault..." she murmured,

Levy had driven the Monoceraptor miles from where they were. It was plain to see that the Monoceraptor's weight and stupidity, caused it to go into exhaustion. The Monoceraptor calapsed and fell asleep, leaving Levy with one thought, they had better be at Kiko Lake, because that's where I'm heading.

Levy continued running, running like a bullet. It is almost as if he never gets tired, which is the truth. Levy's body was built for speed.

"Yeah, I think this may be it," said Sakkani softly. "Wait, I don't hear the Monceraptor roaring anymore! What if-" she stopped questioning, before she panicked. "I'm going to go find Levy. I'll be back in a bit," she announced boldly.

Just then, Levy burst out of the woods and accidently ran straight into the lake.

"Ahh, *spit* I hate this water." said Levy, swiming back to shore.

"It calasped from exhaustion and decided to sleep the night." said Levy, looking up into the sky. The sun was setting, "Well, settle down here for the night and head across the lake tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Any way to make a fire?" asked Sakkani quietly, sitting down the sandy beach beside the lake.