Exploration and Danger

Guest Christmas Trace (Not Tree)

Spanner grinned. "You mean the tracking chip I removed and and replaced with my own? I can alter the system so that it will track a robotic decoy instead of my sensor kit. I'll get rid of my other equipment though, but you may have noticed that this isn't a standard space station sensor package."

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Any electronic device gives off an electric current, boy. This current can be traced in the water, how do you think sharks know where their prey is going to be before they strike?" scolded Scarblade.

"This current isn't just technical, it is spiritual. By being alive we give off this current, where we were, where we are, and were we are going to be. It is imprinted in everything we interact with. Or some believe." said Levy, the first time he has ever shown wisdom in the presence of Takinito.

"You sure have changed while you've been away." said Takinito's right head.

"I've had some time to think, about the choices I've made, how they effected others. Of course, your decisions haven't been all too bright either." replied Levy.

"How do you mean?" asked Takinito's left head.

"That heavy weapons cache you mentioned... it isn't there anymore." sadi Levy.

"What?" asked Takinito's left head in amazement.

"The orbit was shaky, and it flung itself out of Neopia orbit over three years ago. You were on the other side of the world when it happened. But in Shenkuu, it was an amazing sight. The reflective mirrors on the hull worked like a light house, flashing every time it made a rotation then slowly disappeared. Sloth would need to be a complete idiot not to notice it. Takinito, he's using your own weapons to kill us." said Levy.

"Sloth's sensor units in the area aren't advanced enough to pick up anything short of a whale." Spanner said, "But I think I can set up a shroud cloak."

"Boy, do you even listen to yourself when you speak?" said Scarblade.

"Enough, Blake. Spanner, he is using my weapon systems. Systems so advanced that they could pick up a butterfly flapping its wings. Please quit arguing and just shut it off." said Takinito's right head.

"Wasn't there a V32+ security system embedded in your sensor equipment?" Spanner asked as he switched his sensor kit to standby.

"That was the station we were on. The weapons cache was covered in reflective mirrors designed specifically to cloak it. But it was thrown into a rotation and lost its orbit. Sloth must have picked it up and that is how he keeps finding us." said Takinito's left head.

"I didn't find it unnecessary, it was completely invisible when it was aligned just right. One if the reflectors must have been hit by a micrometeoroid and it went into a rotation." said Takinito's left head.

Spanner thought for a moment. "So that's why the micrometeorite that crashed my fighter suddenly changed course... I should have been more cautious when I first saw it."

Spanner frowned. "I don't like the idea of moving around blindly. Does this ship have any sensors?"

Firos spoke to the creature softly, explaining the situation. It replied with some form of communication that only Firos could understand. Firos listened intently, then called to the others. "He says he saw a large weapons emplacement underwater, and he can lead us to it!"

"I could generate a sensor shroud to make it difficult for sensors to track us, but if they have Takinito's systems, it won't stop Sloth from finding us." Spanner said. Then his comlink came on.

"...emergency...defenders of neop...central...Sloth and monoce..."

"Oh great," said Spanner, "If he's confident enough to attack Neopia central, he must have a lot of minions."

Another clearer signal came through: "This is Maraqua, we are under attack by a group of submarines bearing Sloth's mark, request assistance from nearby armed forces."

"Ah well," said Spanner, "I guess we go for the weapons emplacement. Do you want that anti-sensor shroud?"

((Listen, ya'll, I'm really, really sorry, but I'm getting much too busy with school and everything else, so I won't be able to continue with this RP. Would anyone like to take over Sakkani's role?))

((Maybe we could make it Sakkini gets sick or something and has to stay in a cabin, if not, I'll take over.))

"Helmsman! Set course for Maraqua, full speed!" shouted Scarblade, "They won't be happy to see me, but maybe I can redeem myself. You all might want to hold onto something."

The ship took a sudden jolt before everyone grabbed the nearest item attached to the deck. And the ship shot off like a rocket to the west.

Scarblade shouted, "Helmsman! Decelerate!"

The ship slowed down and before them lye the city of Maraqua, and the submarines slowly approaching. The Maraquans turned some of their weapons on the Revenge II

"Oh," said Scarblade quietly, "abandon ship..."

Then the Maraquans fired onto the Revenge II, Scarblade ran to his cabin quickly and grabbed a few things before being the last one off the ship. The Revenge II slowly sank to the sand and ground below.

Everybody who got off the ship hid.

Spanner kept all his equipment on him at all times, so he didn't have to grab anything. He kicked his propulsion unit on and sailed into open water, flashing his Virtupets badge. "I am Spanner of the Virtupets Combat Corps, we are here to help, repeat, we are here to help!" he then ducked under the stream of mini-torpedoes coming from one of Sloth's submarines.

Sakkani used her wings to help her swim through the water. She ducked behind a large boulder where several other people were hiding. "What should we do? I don't think we can take down all of Sloth's submarines?"

Firos dove to the sea floor, not far below. He stirred up the sand, and when it settled, he was gone.

The squid creature (someone suggest an effective name for me to use, please) was blended with its surroundings. It moved swiftly, undetectably, appearing only for instants to dispatch another submarine. By the time its comrades looked, there was no trace of anything.

Spanner dived behind the boulder with the others. "So what now?" he asked as the hail of torpedoes made the seabed shudder.

"We'll have to take them out one by one." said Scarblade running towards the nearest sub and jumping onto it.

He took out two knife-like weapons and pierced a large hole in the sub, the knifes sliced through the hull like butter. Then Scarblade jumped inside.

Spanner used his propulsion unit to bring him right under a submarine. He attached a mine to its hull and took cover in a cave. The mine exploded and the crippled submarine retreated.

The sub Scarblade went inside began to fire torpedoes at other subs, seven went down before Scarblabe sliced his way out of the sub and it was attacked by the other subs.