Exploration and Danger

Guest Christmas Trace (Not Tree)

Firos felt at home, even though the whir of machinery at work and lots of friendly faces surrounding him was unusual. The others were busy with their work. He took off his indestructible, unopenable(except by himself), magically dimension warped backpack, and disappeared into its depths, locking the seal behind him. No one noticed as the backpack grew wheels, became camouflage coloured, and went off to explore.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takinito's right head answered, "I did flip through some student's designs. I nearly ran out of ideas for a personal craft. This craft has no weapons systems, that is why I carry around that repeating energy cannon."

"The station is just 200 kilometers ahead." said Takinito's left head.

Oran looked around the craft and tried to relax. For being the curious Hissi that he is, he couldn't shake a question out of his mind. Why had all those Monoceraptors attacked us? He looked down at his amulet. It's snap had broken and he now held it in a tight grasp. Oran had a feeling there was more to this amulet than meets the eye.

Up ahead there was a massive circular object, the space station Takinito must be heading towards. Further from the planet than Virtupets and best of all, no one needs to know about it.

Takinito brought the craft down in an open space craft hangar. He lowered the legs of the craft and it settled down on the metallic ground.

The hangar doors closed and the doors to the craft opened.

Firos was busy exploring the expanses of the craft. The magical backpack allowed him to see outside without having to open it. He entered an area which he could tell immediately was off limits. A pressure sensor set his bug detector off, as well as a lot of cameras. Before they could detect the backpack, Firos painted it faerie and invisible-- from the inside. It flew undetectable over the pressure sensor and past the cameras, avoiding the beam of a probing infra-red sensor beam, then unhindered through a door criss-crossed with light beams. Where did this lead?

Through the door was another door, tightly sealed and with a DNA scanner mechanism, built of the same material as the door and seamless so it could not be broken open and hacked.

Firos checked for sensors and found none. He came out of the backpack, putting it on and taking a strangely glowing ghost paintbrush out, with water he had taken from the Rainbow Pool. He painted himself ghost, collected the water, put it back in the backpack (The backpack automatically turned his colour), and simply stepped straight through the door. He gasped at the technology contained in the small workshop beyond... and failed to notice the hundreds of security measures there until it was too late.

There was a loud roar of emergency alarms then a voice came on over the intercom, "Code RED perimeter breach!"

"Well, it looks like we found him." said Takinito's right head.

"Location?" said Takinito's left head aloud.

"Sector 7G, security clearance 10 required. Perpetrator is unknown." replied the intercom.

"Class 3 jump required." said Takinito's left head.

"Destination?" asked the intercom.

"Sector 7G." replied Takinito's left head.

"Stay here, all of you." said Takinito's right head to the gang of pets behind him before disappearing in a beam of yellow energy that seemed to come out of nowhere.

The wail of sirens nearly deafened Firos. He decided not to wait for the automatic defence systems to come on-line. He ghosted back through the door-- there was no time to get into his backpack. As he went through the door, he saw a yellow beam of light appear. He knew it was an instant transporter. Once through the door, knowing it would take a moment to open it, he quickly painted himself invisible. Then he continued running.

Takinito emerged from the beam.

"Firos I know you can heard me. Tell me, just what are you running from? If you wanted to see my top secret inventions, you only needed to ask." said Takinito's left head, he had friendly smiles on his two faces.

"You..." Firos's voice was choked with emotion."You'd let me?"

No one had ever entrusted him with anything. This was the first time anyone had done anything of the sort. He carefully turned around. Is this a trick? He decided to go along. He painted himself green, the colour he'd been born with. He then gathered up the water, putting it back in the bottle, then quickly stuffing the bottle in the backpack before the water flowed all the way back to the Rainbow Pool (which is why it is mostly impossible to take water from the Rainbow Pool). He took cautious steps towards Takinito, eventually facing him. "I can?"

"Of course, none of those things are incredibly dangerous. I only keep them up here for storage. I keep all my weapons and other miscellaneous bad things in another station." said Takinito's right head.

"Tell me though, why did you feel it necessary to run?" asked Takinito's left head.

Spanner's comlink was receiving an emergency communication from the space station:

"All units...attack...enemy ships...Monoceraptors...Sloth..."

The communication dissolved into static. Spanner repeatedly tried different frequencies, to no avail. "You know, I'm starting to think there's something really big going on."

Firos suddenly felt ashamed. He had run away from a friend! It was from years of instinct built up, but still... he should have known better. They had helped him! He resolved to try and stop the habit.

Spanner found an intercom unit and turned it on: "Takinito! Firos! The space station is being attacked!"

The space station is under attack? I could help with that! thought Firos. He pulled a broken-off spaceship laser cannon out of his backpack, then a bunch of other advanced pieces of spaceship equipment. He then, obviously looking for something else, crawled inside his backpack.

Spanner ran up to Takinito. "I just got a transmission from the space station!" He replayed the communication.

"All units...attack...enemy ships...Monoceraptors...Sloth..."

"I tried to contact them but I couldn't get a signal. Hey, is Firos in his magic backpack again?"

Firos finally found what he wanted. He came out with a bunch of powerful space mines, the type which you launched from a special launcher. He also took out the aforementioned type of launcher.

"Sloth? Sloth?" asked Sakkani incredulously. "But his reign ended years ago! I thought...well... So this is Sloth's doing?" she asked.

"It is only a matter of time before he finds this station. I am heavily glad thought, my weapons cashe station is so well hidden I bet 10k that I couldn't even find it." said Takinito's right head.

"We must seek refuge, everyone back to the craft. I will place this station in lock down and we shall call up the help of an old friend of mine." said Takinito's left head.

"Blake?" asked Levy.

"Who else?" answered Takinito's left head, "The only neopet whose knowlege of melee weapons outnumbers even I."

"He is a childhood friend, he has been running from pirates and marauders ever since he lost his ship and his power over all who sail the five seas. If anyone can help us, it is he. Let's go before Sloth's gang of minions destroys us. We can no long count on Virtupets Station's aide." said Takinito's right head.

"Ummm... would these help?" inquired Firos. He indicated the enormous pile of spaceship weapons and shields he had taken from his backpack.

"Not quite yet good Firos, now we must leave." said Takinito's right head, going towards the hangar where the craft was located.

"Proximity alert!" came the alert over the intercom.

"We must leave, now!" shouted Takinito's left head, "Computer, lock down. Authorization code 6823091. Initiate in ten minutes!" shouted Takinito's left head.

"Instructions confirmed, lock down in t-minus ten minutes." replied the intercom.