Habitarium

Rae

I think it's just a case of them having a set lifespan of, maybe one week, regardless of how much time you spend in the habitarium.

I have my habitarium open in a tab the entire time I have the computer on, all day, occasionally checking on it, but basically just leaving it idling the whole time, I had my first age-related deaths the day before yesterday, when I was level 21 also, or possibly 22.

In the meantime, my daughter, who started playing it the day after I did, is able to spend much less time with it, just popping in every so often to make sure they have some food or aren't too tired, and she ALSO had her first age-related death yesterday, but she was just as level 10. So I think it's a flat-rate time based thing.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I was so excited when I came back to Neopets after a few months and saw this game. But I'm so disappointed in it. It really is a Farmville or one of the many directionless, annoying Facebook games out there. It's repetitive and demanding and just simply not fun. :(

Do you get any tangible prizes or NP from it later in the game?

not to mention the 200 NP gems after you get to the max level. I usually leave my window up overnight. In the morning, I have 2000-3000 np worth of gems in the game. I usually add it to my stock fund.

Yes, levelling up the houses seems to be the best investment. I have the hospital (upgraded to level 2) and the barracks (which isn't upgradeable at this point) and the level 2 houses seem to do just as effective a job, I've just been buying and upgrading everything for something to do with my resources :D

Next time my three level 2 storages are full, I'll have to start buying up Decorations, I think. And then consider a fourth storage...

I'm kind of hooked on the habitarium, but it does seem pretty glitchy. A lot of the time there are eggs that say they are still incubating waaay after they should be, and there is a piece of food which is never eaten whenever I put it out. It does yield quite good nps though :)

I forgot you could level buildings up, will do!

I just started playing today. Never bothered with it before. You just sort of check back at it every few hours..well at least I do since I'm paranoid they'll die or something though. haha

I have a question though, I wonder if it's ok for me to ask here.

If I was raided by someone..will I be notified that I was raided? and would I be notified who raided me? so i can get them back?

thanks!

I don't use the raid option, and if any of my neofriends raid me, they wouldn't be neofriends anymore... :P But a website I looked at had a guide about Habitarium, and showed pictures of how raids work. They do indeed tell you if someone raided you. "x has raided you!"

I decided to jump on the bandwagon this morning and start playing Habitarium. Well I tried playing anyway. I'm stuck at the first step of the tutorial, where you pick up and drag around the critters. I did that. Then what? The tutorial didn't progress, it keeps telling me to drag them around.

What do I do? :S

Have been playing for a while now though it is pretty boring.

Since it seems to work better, i.e. more XP if the window is left open I tend to leave it running while I am online and just check periodically to pick up the gems from pests/ old age P3s and make sure they go into the house on a regular basis.

The P3s are now assigned tasks by species. Pinchit workers and nesters harvest mud and wood, Larnikins harvest stone and Mootix harvest food resources (more for filling up storages than actually feeding them as the house does that nicely enough). Have one nester for each species constantly nesting and currently 4 soldiers (whatever species I happen to have an egg for).

Now if those bugs that make P3s disappear or show nesting/ in the house but not actually be there get fixed it might get less annoying but in general it is not a game that requires much attention. As such a nice source of NP.

Guest Yoshinho

I like this! It is nice, fun and entertaining even though I am only level 3 right now :D I haven't had much time to play it but hopefully I will soon!

Since its in beta it will be quite glitchy. Things I've seen include:

1) your p3s "fall" off your plot of land and seem to be either in the surrounding areas or go missing. 2) Invading p3s that are defeated still remain on the land.

3) P3s do not recover bars of status in the houses (they are recovering but its "stuck" at the old stats and should be refreshed)

4) being stuck on the loading when harvesting eggs or purchasing items.

5) the "returning from raid" status never goes away after a raid.

6) Not receiving nps when clicking on the purple gems (level 25 only)

Don't be alarmed though, All these can generally be fixed by refreshing with exception to #6

Do refresh every so often because if it becomes glitchy without you noticing through run time you may face consequences such as not receiving nps that you have earned, be invaded without knowing and missing out on gems, and finally not being able to see if a p3 is sick, hungry or tired.

:) :) :)

I decided to jump on the bandwagon this morning and start playing Habitarium. Well I tried playing anyway. I'm stuck at the first step of the tutorial, where you pick up and drag around the critters. I did that. Then what? The tutorial didn't progress, it keeps telling me to drag them around.

What do I do?

You have to pick them up till on passes away (dies) (unfortunate but true :mellow: )

I just picked up everyone until I found the one that had reached its lifespan. hope this helps!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You have to pick them up till on passes away (dies) (unfortunate but true :mellow: )

I just picked up everyone until I found the one that had reached its lifespan. hope this helps!

I actually just switched maps, and you were right, I could move on when one finally died <_<.

And just my luck, I got to level 7, and I think I just involuntarily joined the Green Meadow Club :(. I don't see anything on my screen except for the green meadow and a few white flowers. I don't think there's a solution for that yet....

EDIT: Btw, why is your name Christina but you are listed as male?

And just my luck, I got to level 7, and I think I just involuntarily joined the Green Meadow Club . I don't see anything on my screen except for the green meadow and a few white flowers. I don't think there's a solution for that yet....

Sorry, I've never come across this problem :sad01_anim: But i'm sure that it'll be all worked out by the time beta is over.

And i Have no idea why I'm listed as male o_O lol

i found that if your solieders are all on a raid and you are attacked (everytime i do this i am attacked) so you could set up eggs to hatch once attacked or something. or just wait. i personally wonder, can pests comepletely distroy, beyond fixing, any of your resorce tiles or your buildings? otherwise rebuilding gives you experience, why not take atvantage of that?

Since its in beta it will be quite glitchy. Things I've seen include:

1) your p3s "fall" off your plot of land and seem to be either in the surrounding areas or go missing.

3) P3s do not recover bars of status in the houses (they are recovering but its "stuck" at the old stats and should be refreshed)

When these two glitches happen to me, I've found it works to just drag them back into the house/whatever. Like, if you click on a house and notice one p3's stats aren't being refreshed, drag them out (without letting go and putting them back down) and then drag them so the little white "placement" square is over the house (you'll notice the p3 itself look small, and some way away from the square), and just put them back in. The same for if you have a nester whose progress bar isn't moving. This method is much quicker than refreshing, but as Christina said, it's important to refresh every so often anyway.

Hallo, been playing P3 for a few days now - does anyone occasionally get "stuck" eggs?

I sometimes find eggs that my P3s randomly laid in an open space (I just found 2 behind my flower without a nest or a nester) and they're really tiny. I don't think I can put them in my nests or put a nester on them, but I can put them in my bag.

They don't seem to do anything however.

Anyone else had this/know how to incubate them?

(It's chronically addictive!)

Habi is so glitchy! >.< The other day I had P3s getting stuck, P3s not staying in their nests or houses and a piece of land that doesn't allow anything on it...but it's addicting *sigh* I'm on level 12. Whenever I hit a glitch I just refresh.....but that non usable piece of land is still there -_-

You get notified if you've been raided. You also get notified if a raid has been successful

@Robin: If I were you I'd just harvest them for exp unless you can put them back into your nest....

Hallo, been playing P3 for a few days now - does anyone occasionally get "stuck" eggs?

I sometimes find eggs that my P3s randomly laid in an open space (I just found 2 behind my flower without a nest or a nester) and they're really tiny. I don't think I can put them in my nests or put a nester on them, but I can put them in my bag.

They don't seem to do anything however.

Anyone else had this/know how to incubate them?

(It's chronically addictive!)

How odd! I don't think I've had that one happen to me :/ But yeah, if you can't get them incubated, I'd say get discard them and get the exp.

Fair enough, that seems sensible. My original colony are having a dieback now, so I'll restock from the eggs that are viable and trade in the rest.

The P3 falling off the edge glitch, you just need to find them and dump them back into the hut again. They should come out as normal on second or third try :)

Harvesting eggs is a regular beta sticky. What you CAN do is to interact with something else - harvest, then move a P3, harvest, move a P3. I've found this seems to reduce the glitch rate.

You also appear to harvest considerably more if you keep P3 running in the background. :)

Neither the random eggs, nor the unusable patch have come up for me. You could always report it to the neopets team so they are aware of it and can fix it while the game is still in beta :)

Another tip is, while you are raiding, you have less p3s on the land so you can hatch more, after the raiding, your original p3's will return and you will have over the maximum amount ie (34/28) p3s