Habitarium

Rae

I still don't understand the concept. Even stupid Farmville was more entertaining. I hate when Neopets tries to jump on the band wagon of other sites - but then again it appears as if Viacom IS the band wagon so blah.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean. I'll go back on in the morning and they'll all be asleep and hungry to the max, but did no work so I can't afford food. It's rather frustrating. Is there a way to sell stuff back to the shops or not? That would make things a bit easier.

I've been playing it since a couple of days ago and I'm having a rather nice time with it. It's mostly pretty undemanding (I like to have it running in a background tab so I can check in on them and make sure they're not like, dead) and occasionally throws money your way, which I have no problem with :D.

It may lack thrills and...yeah, quite honestly, interest, but it's kinda therapeutic to watch them bumble around being all small and such, all doing their little jobs and...being small.

It's pretty low maintenance. And as you start to get to the higher levels, you get more NP from leveling up. When it was still in beta, I got 13,000 NP+ for the last few levels (it currently only goes up to 25). Not bad for something you only really need to check once or twice per day. And you get the points for leveling automatically. Not like having to collect interest from the bank manually *ahem, ahem TNT..*

It has a few bugs though. If you leave it on, sometimes it will stop updating in front of you. Happened to me on two different computers. I reloaded the page and suddenly had a bunch of sleepy pets to deal with. Also, if you JUST put some people in a home or nest and leave the screen, it doesn't always completely register. Came back and they were already up and about despite needing more sleep or no egg.

It has a few bugs though. If you leave it on, sometimes it will stop updating in front of you. Happened to me on two different computers. I reloaded the page and suddenly had a bunch of sleepy pets to deal with. Also, if you JUST put some people in a home or nest and leave the screen, it doesn't always completely register. Came back and they were already up and about despite needing more sleep or no egg.

Aye, and sometimes when you take a p3 out of a house/nest, the placement is all messed up, like the little light up square is somewhere completely other from the pet and you have them dangling off the edge of the habitarium, harvesting something they're nowhere near. Still, these bugs are what betas (even open ones) are for, so I've been diligently making a pest of myself and reporting them. It's offline (for me at least) right now, so maybe they're fixing some of these things.

Okay, reached level 25 in 6 days, having to wait another day to see my p3s die...

It's kinda boring...

soldiers patrolling and defeating the pests

nesters breeding eggs that you store or use

workers harvesting so you can buy buildings, food, decorations and colors

Thanks to Thanksgiving and GMC I ended it for now and I can focus back on the current plot :D

I've read on the board that once you run out of p3s, the Professor gives you 3 eggs (like a restart but you keep your level I think). You might get a Larnikin Nester.

I got more than 100 eggs from the beginning and I had 4-5 random results where the species of the egg didn't match the one of the nester XD

Be sure to keep some nester, soldier and worker eggs in your item bag so that you'll never run out of a particular type of p3

it is okay but i dont bother with it much. i used to leave it open and just check on it but it is eaiser to just leave that part of the site and come back beacuse it tells you just what your little petpetpets have been doing while you where gone. much faster to take care of the only downfall is you get less pest attacks while you are off of the habitarium page. i say faster because i have semi- photographic memory, the image doesnt always stick in my head.... rambling again...

Okay, reached level 25 in 6 days, having to wait another day to see my p3s die...

It's kinda boring...

soldiers patrolling and defeating the pests

nesters breeding eggs that you store or use

workers harvesting so you can buy buildings, food, decorations and colors

Thanks to Thanksgiving and GMC I ended it for now and I can focus back on the current plot :D

How do you store eggs that have been fully incubated? I've tried dragging the egg to my inventory but I can't, it's stuck to the nest.

And this game has quite a bit of glitches...but it is a beta.

Sooo... Most of my P3s have died of old age today (and I'm only level 6, btw!). I seem to have lost all my Larminkin nesters. Is there any way that I can get them back?

Funny thing, my first age related deaths happened today (thanks to the glitches, I lost a poor mootix who was SAID to be in the house, but wasn't and invaders were attacking), and all the Larminkin nesters died out. I have some soldiers and workers around but their death date is soon too. I'm looking at a habitat of just Mootix and Pinchits until I get a random Larminkin egg from level ups. :X Level 14.

I've been hoarding pretty much all my eggs, in case of random generational wipeout due to those tasty glitches, as a result I'm pretty underpopulated, 17/25. I just took a look at my store of eggs though, and noted that I only have two soldier eggs. *sigh* That'll teach me for keeping my guys overprotected.

Is it just me, or are Soldier P3s hard to breed? Since my two Soldiers died of old age, I have been struggling like crazy to get another Soldier, but my Nesters seem to hate having Soldiers for offspring, because all the eggs that I've bred are either Nesters or Workers (WHICH I DON'T NEED!!!). I absolutely hate it when pests attack now, caus I really could do without making my P3s fix buildings that they've destroyed. ><

They do tend to appear less often.

I'm in the process of reorganizing my hab by population: All Pinchits will be Nesters and produce eggs for XP; all Larnikins (save one to nest) will be Soldiers (only 5 or so required); all Mootix (save one to nest) will be Workers (so I'll have lots of those.) But it seems all my breeders EXCEPT the Larnikins will produce Soldiers. xD

At least you've got Pinchits; my only Pinchit nester died before I could get it to breed, and as of now, my Habitarium is made of 4 Mootixes and 2 Larnikins, split into 3 workers and 3 nesters. Fun. (I almost lost a Larnikin egg when a Pest decided to attack it. I hate Pests even more.)

I'm just praying for a Soldier now ... they can't be that difficult to produce, can they?!

habitarium is kind of intereesting to play on but i dont really like the larnikins they are sory of ugly. lol. also what are the point of workers since al the jobs the can do can be done by the nesters and the soldiers, i discard eggs i dont want or i dont need and it gives you 200 ex for each egg and 10 ex if the little guy inside has escaped and it is only the shell. 200>150 so why not only have the ones you need.

Well the soldiers actually can't gather resources the way that nesters and workers can. I'm not sure this is true, but I feel like the workers should be better at resource gathering than the others, just like the soldiers are better fighters than workers.

I wish there was more p3 diversity, and that the different species had different strengths. I also wish that it was more goal oriented, at the moment it just seems like gathering stuff and leveling up for the sake of gathering stuff and leveling up.

Agreed, it's pretty directionless right now, and it would be totally sensible if there was any real defining characteristics between the different species. With regards to Workers being better resource gatherers, I think they are, someone mentioned earlier (and I've noticed the same) that sometimes when they all go to take the stuff to the store, some Nesters who are harvesting will be left behind for another turn because they're less efficient.

I'm Pretty addicted, but its getting monotonous now. I've reached level 25 and for now thats teh highest it will allow a player to go. Once you've reached 25 you may only gain np and no longer gain xp to increase your level. *sigh* On the bright side the np reward for actually reaching leve 25 is 10000np :) happy pet farming :)

I know your pain, I'm at lvl 25 too and it's just too boring.

Now I'm wondering about the rate p3 gets old, my first p3 that dead from old was at level 21!!!. It's weird to me some are saying they die before of that.