TFR General Discussion Board

Gaia

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me i dont know whats wrong. im at nox's castle and i got the key but i still cant go through da exit. it is still locked when i try to go thru. helppppp hellllllllllllllllppppppppppppp :( :(

Check out the thread for step two as well as TDN's FR Plot Guide for Nox's Castle. Hopefully that will help.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they release the new chapter soon. It's already 4 pm NST. I'm really curious as to what's going to happen next.

I'm hoping in the end, she ends up switching back to good and redeeming herself.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me i dont know whats wrong. im at nox's castle and i got the key but i still cant go through da exit. it is still locked when i try to go thru. helppppp hellllllllllllllllppppppppppppp :( :(

Have you got all your "groups"/pegs together? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause you to not be able to get through the door, seeing as you have the key. Also, we'll help you even without all the repeated letters :P

Also also, Oooooh, at Xandra's MERCY. Exciting! :D It's not Friday for me anymore, I'm grumpy about this.

O SNAP! She's crazybitter, bitter crazy lady!

Also, awww. "I L--". Aww. Awwwwww. All together now - *ahem* Yeah. Anyway.

I hope they hurry this up. It's all quite exciting.

And it got fairly deep, too, for that matter! The way I'm seeing it, the Faeries = Gods, at the very least in an "ancient pantheon" sort of way, which is a little bit fun :D

I DEMAND MOAR.

I won't be 100% sure that Hanso will betray Xandra...

What Xandra said to Hanso in Chapter 12 was a clever move from her!

Since a few pic later, Brynn did what she told (decision about protecting Xandra). And Brynn does it once again as she repsonds in place of Hanso...

Moreover, Hanso says almost the same words Xandra used in Chapter 12

Ah, no, I really don't think Hanso is that easily manipulated. I mean, clearly it was Xandra's intent in Chapter 12, and I believe she thinks she has him wrapped around her finger as a result of it.

But she's made the mistake of underestimating Hanso's intelligence, as she has done throughout the storyline, thinking he's just some "common thief", which he has proved several times that he's quite above. I think Hanso is probably mentally a step or two ahead of her, at this point.

Besides that, it's a terrible literary move to have TWO of the three main protagonists turn. Realistic, perhaps, but makes for really really poor storytelling.

I kinda gotta laugh that in spite of the TNT rule of no relationships in the fan stories, they have set up a love story between Hanso and Brynn through this.

I feel like Xandra has a lot of very valid points, but is still crazy. Hanso is one smart cookie, and is gonna get what he wants from both Xandra AND Brynn. He'll mess with Xandra's plans and get Brynn to admit that she misjudged him, and then there will be some cheesy ending.

I have a feeling the final boss is gonna be Xandra.

And, where is King Altador and the rest of the gang? Even if they're in captivity they deserve a mention.

Besides that, it's a terrible literary move to have TWO of the three main protagonists turn. Realistic, perhaps, but makes for really really poor storytelling.

That's not a terrible literary move, and it doesn't make for poor story telling. Having one of them pretend to join the other side does. It's been done time and time again. Predictable and boring. Also, it wouldn't be two out of the three turning, if Xandra was never really on their side to begin with.

Okay perhaps "terrible" was a little too strong of a word. :) I love a good heel-turn as much as the next person. Xandra was a fantastic heel-turn.

You say it wouldn't be two out of three because Xandra was never really on their side to begin with, but if I asked at the beginning of, say, chapter 12, who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in this story, most of the replies would be "Hanso, Brynn and Xandra" and "Hm, not sure yet", respectively. I think there are very few people who before chapter 13 would have said "I think Xandra is up to no good". And that's the point. Sure, she was never ACTUALLY working towards the same goal as Brynn and Hanso, but up until very recently, we as readers were led to believe that she was on the same side, trying to restore Faerieland. The last panel of chapter 13 was so effective due to the fact that Xandra was one of the last people most readers expected to be responsible for the crisis. Although it's clear now that she was working against Faerieland, and reading back, there are some indications, but that is all hindsight.

But I really do think that if they did that, it WOULD be very poor storytelling, particularly in the context of the main target market of the site.

It'd be like "O hai, not only is the snippy bookish lady who appeared to be the only one with the power to save the day in the story not on your side, but it turns out that also the lovable rogue who has shown himself to have a heart of gold and a soft spot for the straight-laced bossy female lead is also going to the dark side, on the strength of bookish lady who he doesn't get on with making a speech explaining why she did a bad thing, thereby betraying straight-laced bossy female lead and completely trashing thirteen and a half chapters of character building."

Brynn is one of the weaker characters in the story (not physically, but in general) in that she does see things in black and white. Something Hanso and Xandra have in common is that they both see the world in shades of gray, which can be a great tactical advantage, it leaves a lot of room for flexibility of actions. If you were to leave it for Brynn to save the day, it wouldn't work. In her mind she's just been completely pwn'd by someone she had, against her better judgment, come to care deeply for. This would leave her full of self-doubt and mentally weak, and it just wouldn't work. For all her being good, and a strong fighter, she couldn't be tasked as a believable last hope for the side of pro-faerieland in light of Hanso's betrayal.

Yes, what they're clearly going to do has been done countless times in other things, absolutely, it's not in the least bit original, but it fits completely with the characterization they've been building up throughout the plot, and the pacing, and that's a far better reason to do something, predictable or not, than to just throw some random curve-ball that makes little contextual sense just for the sake of unexpectedness.

They were turned to stone. They're now exactly where we left them, in that clearing.

I had to go look at chapter 13 again before I believed you! I completely missed the fact that everyone outside of the barrier had been turned to stone when Xandra cast the spell. Of course this means that the faeries have to be saved, because otherwise King Altador and everyone else will stay stone as well!

I guess I'm not very observant. I hadn't noticed about the rest of them being turned to stone either. Though looking back, I'm not sure how I missed it. Their stone coloring was rather obvious. I think I was just too surprised by the turn of events.

I agree though, that's a fairly good sign that the Faeries will be saved.

...Well, at the very least it's given me the idea for 2 NT pieces! Waiting to see what happens with the second one!

I am almost hoping Xandra wins though!

I kinda gotta laugh that in spite of the TNT rule of no relationships in the fan stories, they have set up a love story between Hanso and Brynn through this.

There probably a NT editorial stating this better than me somewhere in the period when Nabile and Jazan got together, but... TNT has said that there are types of romance that do suit the rating they are going for. They chose to forbid any romantic interactions in fan works, because typing up a "hite list" would be tedious, and then they would have to track down people trying to abuse loopholes. For instance, one thing I used to see in the RP Neoboards was "hot tub parties". While the theme in itself may be innocent, the possibility for becoming inappropriate, or for having inappropriate implied things, that TNT banned them and added hot pools to the Neoboard filters.

However, TNT writing relationships between their characters is OK, since they know exactly what they are doing, and what they will be doing.

It wasnt a love arc : P

the true quote was going to be

"hanso, I l-------ook horrible when I cant visit the rainbow pool to touch up my color"

You know, I'd never thought of the implications for the Neopian beauty industry... :laughingsmiley:

Announcements