Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

When the AP is moving this quick? ...pray a lot. What I mean is that it's incredibly difficult to compete when the AP is this full. You're fighting against people with better connections and better reaction times who have trained themselves to impulse click. So either go for the commons, or just wait it out.

(Impulse clicking, by the way, is the difference between...

*sees Vampire egg* Ooh, look, that's a Vampire egg! Those are rare, right? I want it! *click*

and

*sees Vampire egg* Vampire - I want it! *click*

True impulse clicking is something like:

*sees Vampire egg* Vamp. *click*)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get how people can be that fast at clicking. ;-;

The only 'rare' dragon I got from the AP was a silver hatchling,

& that's just because my mouse was on the slot when the hatchling

popped up. D: I can spot an egg, but my hand is really slow. o__e;

I think I'm done with trying to get a Valentine today, though. I'll probably

try again tomorrow.

EDIT: Ohyay. I got a bluna from the AP. :D lVWn.gif

Don't forget "*sees Vamp* *click* Arg, I didn't mean to do that!"

When you get a true reflex click.... it's sort of like something takes over. That's how I got Arinia (my CB Gold), Hoshiso (Alt vine- caught as a hatchie), and most of my Dinos. Eventually, if you're at it long enough, you operate on pure reflex. There IS no thought process.

Or you could do what I do:

Grab something from the cave, breed, breed, breed, breed, breed, breed, breed, breed, bite, breed, breed, breed, breed, grab something from the cave, breed, breed, breed, bite, breed, breed, breed, breed, breed...and well, you get the point. :P

As a technicality, they're common. However, they can only breed within the "drake" families- and, as of now, it's the only member. So they're a bit like Splits in that respect- not rare, but needed for couples.

Yep. The alt hatchlings (of Vines) have the same shape but slightly different color. (I can't see the color difference, but I doubt Anime and Morgan and everyone else is lying to me, so I assume there really is a difference. ;) ) The adult has a totally different shape.

The vine's green is a little darker, more metallic. And you'll note that the mature alt hatchie's flowers are yellow, not red.

Also, it USED to be that the eggs were a little darker for alts, but TJ09 went "Hey.. alts were to make it so dragons were less linear.. the color thing messes that up." and they've had the same eggs ever since.

I'm with the rest. Lots of people waiting around the AP, slim chance to get a Valentine 2009. Nice challenge, though. It's a good distraction with the cave choking on the new eggs.

Oh, and like to add that the yellow in the alt vine's eyes and belly is slightly darker than the normal vine. Alt blacks look completely different. Instead of sitting, they are curled. You can't miss those.

Probably only somewhat better. I admit, though, stalking the AP during any new egg release is fun because then people release eggs and hatchlings that they would otherwise keep, such as metallics and unbreedables.

I just saw a note on the Valentine Gifting thread on the DC forums stating that if you already have two Valentine 09 dragons, any eggs you breed auto-abandon in one hour even if you otherwise would be able to keep the egg due to limits. Would this make trading here a bit more difficult?