The Daily Neopets Community Forums Missing Persons Task Force (TDNCFMPTF)

antiaircraft

"It only flickered... and you might wanna get used to seeing it. I get the feeling it'll get rid of these... shadow nodes pretty swiftly. If it makes you feel better I'm only going to be summoning dragons for most things." Anime said, checking to be sure the Sword was back in it's little pocket of space.

She paused for a moment, smiling. Summoning dragons was fun and half the time enemies ran away scared at the sight of a 15-foot dragon before they even needed to attack. Too bad she was limited to five a day.

"Anyways, I thought this tip was a limited time thing? Shouldn't we get going?"

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dragons? Never had them. I`m too afraid they`ll try to eat me. I`m pretty small y`know?" Anna said to Anime.

She nodded and asked Laura "So....Gag shop right?", Anna`s face broke into a devious smile.

Laura nodded, "Yeah it is, Anime, but we still have about fifteen more minutes to prepare, and then we need to head out. You all will have to follow me since I know the shortcut though. And no, Anna, we can't go inside unless we have to."

Laura had all her stuff packed into her pack. She had morphed the helmet into a stylish hat and had put it on.

"Oh one last thing. Can't forget my baby," Laura patted her pocket where she had just but a beautifully crafted blue and purple and green pencil. It was carved to look like the ocean. "The pencil is not just any pencil, not only does it not need to be sharpened, and draws on anything in any color, it also turns into a magnificent magic staff when I push the eraser. See?" Laura pushed down the soft, blue rubber. "She's named RypTyde, but I call 'er Ryp for short. When I call out her name, she always appears in my hand, no matter where she is."

Anna stared at the pencil as it turned into a staff, "Well all I have is this really big paint brush and a watercolor set." She said as she pointed

to her back where her Paintbrush was, which she carried around with her watercolor set in her hand.

"Yeah...Pretty much, well and a canvas in my backpack but i never used it though." She sighed and shrugged.

"It'll be fine. You'll find a use for it."

Laura looked at her watch. "Holy schnitzel-on-a-stick! We need to get going! Everyone get your stuff ready. We are heading out. On the table you will see a phone personalized for you, a Morphing helmet thing, and your report button. You each take one. Keep it safe. Don't lose it. Now let's go! Everyone needs to follow me, but don't make it obvious. We should act like a group of friends, just... you know. Going to the mall or something."

Laura grabbed her own things from the table and began to head out.

"Mall? Since when do we go to the mall?" Anime muttered. She stuck her phone in her pocked and morphed the helmet into a ribbon and tied her hair back with it. She didn't take a report button- she was pretty much hard wired into the report system anyways.

"Anime, you really should take the button with you. I'm sure AA worked hard on that, and I wouldn't want to see him sad," Laura said, without even looking back.

"Psh, and we never go to the mall. But I hear it's something normal people do, and we are trying to be normal people. If we can manage to blend in long enough, we may fool the natives," Laura said, speaking about the normal, average citizens of a not quite so normal InsanityLand.

"All right, but the first person to start talking in a high-pitched voice gets booted to some far away land that will be determined by the direction I'm facing at the time." Anime said, picking up a button a little grudglingly and using it as a sticker on the back of her phone.

"Wait wait, who's talking in a a high-pitched voice? Why is that a concern? I mean, I know it's annoying, but does it really happen that often that it's a problem?" Laura asked.

She then mentally smacked herself because it made sense to her. "Oh you mean like those girls that go, 'Lyke, OH MI GOD! THOSE SHOES ARE LIKKEEEE SOOOO CUTTE! *squeal*' ? Ugh, I hate those girls too."

"Yes that's exactly what I mean. I mgiht do it to non-members too. I can't stand that." Anime said, shuddering a little.

"Well, I'm all in on whacking those girls."

Laura stopped, bent over with one hand on the wall, and the other clutching her stomach. "Err, guys, I don't feel too good. I programmed a map into your phones, so just follow that the place. You'll know what you are looking for when you see it. I'll catch up in a bit." Laura lurched one more time and then ran to the bathroom.

((Yeah, I don't feel too hot right now either, other me))

Morgan jumped up and exclaimed in an annoying high-pitched voice, "Ohmigod! It's Anime!" She laughed and stepped out of range of Anime's Ban Sword. "I want to be able to summon dragons, too. We should ride them and instill fear into others."

She checked herself. "Some other time. Yeah. We have a mission." Morgan held her thwacker sword in a cheesy dramatic pose, then reattached it to her belt. She winced as Laura ran into the bathroom, pretending to barely acknowledge her.

"I'm ready if you guys are."

"Oh. The mall. Kay." Anna said and smiled

"... how did you find my phone? It was in my--." she paused and watched Laura run to the bathroom.

She then grabbed a helmet and made it morph into a hairpin shaped as a pocket watch and wore it.

"I`m ready, I guess?" she said and shrugged.

"Oh, hey guys!" Stephanie was relieved to see more familiar faces join the mission, "The more the merrier, right?"

"Oh man, these gadgets sure are great! AA, I'm sure that'll come handy anytime. Thanks Laura for the cell- Laura?"

She realised that the bathroom door was closed. Then she thought for a moment.

"Hey guys. A while ago I was playing around with some 'stuff', and I found out this great cure for random pains. Maybe Laura would give it a go? It's worked for me." She managed to force out a smile.

"Anyone willing to give?" Out of her bag she held a tube of what was labelled 'sniap modnar rof maerC'

"Hey Stephanie! so thats where you went..." Anna said, still smiling. She scooped up zorro from the floor and carried him.

She stared at the tube and said "What a funny name for a cure for random pains"

"sniap modnar rof maerc? What foreign language is this, but it did work on you so its good." Anna said and nodded.

((Thanks Laura :D))

"You dont need to be scared of KooKie" CC said while pointing at the meepit "She is kind of my adviser in Magic, she doesnt bite...if you dont eat her cookies of course" finsihed CC. She fished out her wand made of Oak, height 9.6 inches and made some Chocolate Chip Cookies out of thin air and gave to the meepit which ate it happily.

"WOoOW, shiny gadgets" she said while noticing the gadgets ont the table "I have a moblie but this helmet looks funny" She turned it a pin -like Anna- but shaped it to look like a meepit.

"Where is Laura?" asked CC.

"Uh... she appears to be a tad sick at the moment. But that funny cream should do the trick... we'd better get moving."

AA knocked twice on the wall, which spluttered and receded to let them through. "Destination: mall." He strode casually out onto the street, not having to worry too much about looking normal (another benefit of being a Random Invisible Guy).

After a few paces, he stopped.

"Uh... which mall exactly are we headed to?"

"Well actually," explained AA dryly as he checked several navigation databases, "there are 2,488 cheese malls in this area alone. That's kinda the problem."

He leaned back against a random wall and surveyed their surroundings.

"I guess we'll have to wait for the others to get here."

"I vote for number 1996 cuz that is the year that is was born in" said CC while pointing at number 1996 "There is only one problem" she said while motioning for AA to come "It is right nsxt to Fruit Land, and where fruits exest, so do Oranges"

"Well, what Laura doesn't know won't hurt her." replied AA, winking slyly.

"Heh, just fooling - it's still at a relatively safe distance anyway, so I'm sure she won't object."

"Well hey, we'll have Anime with us, or we will once she finishes kicking out every spammer between the briefing room and our location. With her around, it's the oranges that should be worrying." AA sat down and began fiddling with several circuit boards - components of the really, really old scanner that would help them to locate the missing members' accounts.

"In the meantime, I'm gonna double-prep myself for the mission. You never know when a little extra readiness might save your life!"

Laura stepped out of the bathroom. "Ahh, that strange cream does wonders," Laura said, contentedly.

She looked around. "GUYS! WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE MALL!"

Laura sighed and began to mutter, "Does no one follow the maps I make any more?"

She rubbed her face, sighed, regained her composure, clapped her hands and said, "Alright alright, just... follow me then. And AA, we really don't have time for more prepping. Can you take it with you?"

"But I just pulled my money from the bank for the shopping spree" CC whined. "I wanted to buy for KooKie some cookie cheese".

"Oh well" she sighed "If we have to then I think that we will go some other day".