The Daily Neopets Community Forums Missing Persons Task Force (TDNCFMPTF)

antiaircraft

((All right, the RP forum has been dead for ages, so here's something to try and liven it up again - a new roleplay! (although given the history of my roleplays, it will most likely be an epic failure :P ) ))

"Throughout its history, this forum has had many active and vibrant members. Members who have contributed greatly to the community in many ways, be it by helping newbies, sharing game strategies, lending their artistic talents, behaving with a ridiculous level of insanity, or just all of the above. These members give The Daily Neopets a good name, going above and beyond to spread the TDN spirit across our tiny little slice of the interwebs. Incidentally, most of these members have a post count in excess of 2,000 - and while post count is hardly related to their community spirit, these members have truly earned the title of 'Fantastic Member'.

"But wherever there is light, there is darkness. A sinister force stalks the halls of our beloved forum, picking off our members one by one. It savours the sorrow felt each time it finds a victim, feeding on the pain caused by the loss of our most valued members. Its true face has never been seen, and its true name is too unspeakable to utter even in the softest of whispers. It goes simply by the alias 'real life'.

"Ladies and gentlemen, enough is enough. We cannot remain trapped in this vicious cycle forever. We have already lost too many, and the rest of us are in grave danger as I speak. That is why we, The Daily Neopets Community Forums Missing Persons Task Force, or TDNCFMPTF, are assembled here today."

AA paused to check that the schematic on the wall screen behind him was loaded (normally a person would stand to the side of the screen, but being a Random Invisible Guy had its benefits). It was hardly a normal schematic, being filled with mysterious blank spots, missing floors and various other oddities, but then, TDN was hardly a normal place.

"Our mission is simple. Real life does not destroy a person. It's far too cruel for that. Every member that has disappeared from our midst is imprisoned in an alternate reality. So, we must locate the inactive accounts of these members and bring them back here. Once we do, we can energize the account using the equipment in our headquarters and use it to break the trapped members out of their imprisonment.

"We also have another, more difficult objective. Somewhere in this forum are 16 shadow nodes that project real life's energy into our world. Find them, destroy them, and real life will have no power here.

"That concludes this briefing. All right, let's rock!"

((I'm roleplaying as myself. :P

Just join however you like. :yes: ))

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: ((That's not a bad intro. xP))

Morgan leaned against a wall while listening to AA's speech, and laughed as soon as it was finished. "Don't you think you're being a bit over-dramatic, Theo?" She studied the screen behind him. "I mean, I get that real life is awful and all that, but that last bit wasn't necessary."

A piece of paper came out of Morgan's pocket, and she started scribbling down names of missing members. "Mind you, I don't know about every missing person, but I'll do my best."

A few moments later, the names started coming out:

"Zac

Luna

The Daft Punk

Mike

Ellie

Keiko

Mini

Matt

Mira

MOPGhost

And possibly livvy.

Keep in mind that those are Fantastic Members...and that the list is incomplete, for one reason or another." Morgan gave an annoyed look and handed the list to AA.

"Shadow nodes? AA sir, if I may? What is a shadow node exactly? I mean, what does it look like?" Laura inquired. She had always been one to never really get what was going on. Her teachers all knew her for her infamous way of asking too many questions.

But it paid off in the end. She almost always knew more than her fellow classmates. But this isn't school. This is the InsanityLand. Rules don't apply here.

Laura looked off out the window. She could faintly see Cheese World in the distance. It still reeked of oranges. She shuddered. The thought of oranges made her skin crawl.

"Oh and um, Morgan?" Laura piped up again, "Should we add Levy to the list? Or no? He was an FM after all. Even if he was banished..."

Morgan glared at Laura and shoved her hands in her pockets. "He may have been a FM, but many circumstances led to his banishment. Once banished, always. So no. He won't be added to the list. End of that matter."

She folded her arms. "You heard me say I left that list incomplete. This isn't completely up to me. Add names if you wish, but not the names of banished people."

Laura stepped back a bit. "Ooh, sorry. I knew it was touchy, but I didn't realize it was that bad."

Laura sighed, "Whatever. So AA, are we gonna get like... positions or anything? Like I don't know, I think it would make it more... ah, official feeling, you know? I don't know. Maybe the insanity bottled in my Funhouse is getting to me." Laura shrugged and shoved her hands in her back pockets and began rocking back and forth on her heels.

At that moment, Laura heard a little tinkling sound. "OH! My phone! Someone texted me!" Laura pulled out her phone. Her brow furrowed as she examined the lengthy text.

"Guys! We've got a possible sighting of something you may find of interest. Text is kind of vague, but it's from a reliable source. She can be trusted. It's out on the corner of 198th avenue and 1337 street. Right out in front of the Gag shop. We might want to hurry up; it could up and disappear at any moment."

Morgan looked up and glanced at Laura. "'It' being what? Who texted you?" She grabbed the phone and attempted to read it, but gave up. Her inability to text didn't help when it came to actually interpreting those messages.

"Well, whatever. If we have to go somewhere shady, can I at least bring my thwacker sword? I feel better with it around." She pulled it out of a corner and examined her shiny weapon. "So fun to hit people with this. Muaha." Morgan attached the thwacker sword to her belt and hung her fingers around her belt loops.

"It? She is a she. But she likes to stay anonymous for as long as she can. You may meet her later though," Laura said, "Um, so guys. Who's in? Are we ready? If you are, then gather up what you think you'll need and we can head out. Just be warned, we may not be back here for a while, depending on where this lead takes us. I'd bring money, phones, fake ID's may be necessary. And connections are always good. Anyone have a connection with someone who owns a hotel franchise? Or a grocery store franchise? Or a clothes store franchise? Any of those would be helpful. And weapons. Whatever you have to protect yourself. And try to pack as light as possible. But I shouldn't have to tell you all that. You're all capable task force agents. Alright, when you are all ready, let me know."

Laura went off to start making calls to her own connections.

(First time roleplaying. :O)

The young Super Member floats around the forum until she comes across a new area of activeness.

No experience of Fantasticness, yet has seen the effect of this 'darkness'.

"I have come here to help. Maybe I may not be any use now, I'll hang around."

So, young Stephanie continues to float around the forum, on the lookout for anything.

"Ah good to see a new recruit! Welcome aboard Steph! I don't know if you caught my little speech earlier, but if you happen to scroll up just a bit you might find it,' Laura winked.

Laura pulled her phone out to make one last call. After it was over, she began to pull together a small pack of all the essentials.

Morgan was half-way paying attention to Laura's pep talk when she spotted Stephanie at the door. A smile spread across her face.

"Steph! Glad to see you here." Morgan grabbed a thwacker and tossed it to Stephanie. "Here, you'll have fun with this."

Turning to Laura, Morgan asked, "Shouldn't we wait for Theo to make up his mind first? Or are you positive that you want to go ahead and go?"

Stephanie caught the thwacker clumsily, but then clutched it tight. "Thanks Morgan, we'll have to be ready for anything. I've packed a couple of torches, money on hand and all that sort of stuff to get me going. I also found a reasonable sized stick. Do you think that'll possibly be put to good use? "

She shot a glance at Laura and started to show some guilt in her face. Her feet shifted uneasily from side to side.

"Listen Laura, I'm not sure if this'll be a bit of a let-down but.......I don't have a cellphone."

She paused and closed her eyes, waiting for a response.

CC comes up to the group guiltly "I wish to join you O great leaders, I know thou is only half a Fantastic Member but can you spare her to join?"

((Of course you can join in CC! :) ))

AA zoned back in somewhat sleepily. That was one of the major drawbacks of being a Random Invisible Guy - it was difficult to define exactly where you were, and if you lost concentration, your existential morphic field would start to dissipate. And those things took ages to get back into shape.

"Sorry about that guys, had another zone-out. Well anyway, the strategy looks good. I'm not the team leader by the way, just a psycho-automagic-tactical analyst. So there's no need to wait for my approval or anything. Yup.

"Well, I can contact Ian and ask him to whip up any special stuff we need. Oh, and I have something else for you guys." AA reached into a nearby bag and tossed a bunch of weird looking devices onto the table.

p_report.gif

"If you ever find yourself in trouble, hit this and we'll be right there and backing you up as fast as insanely possible. As for shadow nodes... well, the thing that will make finding them so difficult is that we have no idea what they are. They're pretty interesting pieces of technology, being able to shapeshift and camouflage and everything - one thing's for sure, we've got our work cut out for us."

((Glad you liked the intro by the way ^_^ ))

((Haha, nice one AA))

Laura sighed, "Oh, I hate when your enemies can shape-shift and you can't. It always happens to me. Maybe I should stop doing these missions. Pfft, oh well."

"Oh and Steph," Laura said, turning to Stephanie, "Having a cell phone is of no importance. I can get you one like that," Laura snapped, "and it'll have unlimited contact between us members, so you'll be set."

((Plenty of bottled-up imagination to unleash :P ))

"Eh? Who says you can't shapeshift Laura?" AA pulled out another contraption from the bag and tossed it to Laura. "Morphic helmet. Interfaces directly with your higher nervous system to provide integrated shapeshifting capabilities.

"Also, I've got an ancient multi-function scanner here that should be sensitive enough to pick up the insanity field of dormant accounts, even ones that have been inactive for years."

(( xD I think I'm gonna be pulling a lot of gadgets out of that bag))

(( OHMAIGAWD IM HERE yes zorro shall be joining us 8D /shotd oh mai my past.))

Anna peeked in the door since she heard their voices. " Hey guys! Whats up? WHAT THE--" She said reacting to mostly everything going on.

"I know a lot of things happen here but this probably tops everything Ive seen." She said and sighed as she went in and looked around.

A dog followed her and looked at the gadgets on the table, "OOoooOOO SHINY." it said

"ZORRO WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE" Anna shouted at the dog who was staring at the gadgets. "Nothing at ALL " The dog said, still staring at the gadgets on the table.

Laura turned to catch the Morphic Helmet. "HOLY SNICKERDOODLES THIS THING IS SWEEEET!" Laura said as she shoved it on her head and proceeded to turn into various things.

"Mmm, that was fun," Laura said as she returned to her normal form.

Then Laura saw the dog in the room.

Laura coughed nervously. "Err, Anna, dear... I'm allergic to dogs. Zorro seems like a sweet and complacent, but that doesn't change the fact that my allergies would render me useless. If you could so kindly keep him faaar far away from me at all times until I can pick up my medicine, then I'd greatly appreciate it."

"I have my gadgets ready too" Said CC feeling a bit 1337ish saying that. She picled out her magic sweater where she keeped all her stuff. "I have my meepit and cell in my sweater pocket, nobody can reach it except me" She winked while saying that. "And by the way, check out my wand, I am witch, a good one, and I have healing powers" Healing Laura of her allergy temperorly, "My magic is not good, they are kindof half-a-magic until I become a FM".

((By the way, CC the word is kept not keeped ;)))

"Thanks for the sentiment, CC, but my allergies aren't acting up just yet. If Zorro gets near me though, then we will have a problem."

Laura clapped her hands, "I have all my orders set straight. Do we want to head out now?"

"Oh. sure. He`ll just stay FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM HERE, where i can see him of course" Anna said to Laura but she faced Zorro, who backed away.

She looked at CC " W-why do you have a meepit? " Anna said, a little scared.

"Anyways what am I or mostly everyone doing here? " She asked as she turned to Laura.

Laura took in a deep breath as she quickly repeated the events prior.

"At that moment, Laura heard a little tinkling sound. 'OH! My phone! Someone texted me!' Laura pulled out her phone. Her brow furrowed as she examined the lengthy text.

'Guys! We've got a possible sighting of something you may find of interest. Text is kind of vague, but it's from a reliable source. She can be trusted. It's out on the corner of 198th avenue and 1337 street. Right out in front of the Gag shop. We might want to hurry up; it could up and disappear at any moment.'"

"Then Morgan said some things...

"'It? She is a she. But she likes to stay anonymous for as long as she can. You may meet her later though," Laura said, "Um, so guys. Who's in? Are we ready? If you are, then gather up what you think you'll need and we can head out. Just be warned, we may not be back here for a while, depending on where this lead takes us. I'd bring money, phones, fake ID's may be necessary. And connections are always good. Anyone have a connection with someone who owns a hotel franchise? Or a grocery store franchise? Or a clothes store franchise? Any of those would be helpful. And weapons. Whatever you have to protect yourself. And try to pack as light as possible. But I shouldn't have to tell you all that. You're all capable task force agents. Alright, when you are all ready, let me know.'

Laura went off to start making calls to her own connections."

"And then more stuff happened. And here we are now," Laura nodded. "Now we are just packing, and getting ourselves ready to go out on the streets. This could turn into something lengthy, so take the usual precautions," Laura said.

Laura began to rub her temples, "Ahh... I'm forgetting sopmethingggg... What is it, what is it? AH YES! EVERYONE!" Laura clapped her hands to get everyone's attention, "We need to stay inconspicuous. No one can know who we are or what we are doing. We need to blend in."

Laura looked down at herself, "I never really thought that I'd one day want to blend in." She shrugged.

Anna listened to Laura and nodded.

She laughed at Laura`s reaction about wanting to blend in and said " That`s EASY, blending in. Well for me of course. I`m too short so nobody really notices me much."

Anna shrugged "Well I`ll help but Im not that well equipped or good at anything special." , she sighed

Anime wandered in... well, she randomly appeared in the middle of the room, narrowly avoiding landing on a rolly chair.

"What you thoguht you could launch something like this without me?" she said, cocking her head to the side a bit. "I don't think anyone needs to question my supplies..." Her Ban Sword flickered into "existance" at her waist for a moment as she said this.

"Don't sell your self, kid. Who knows, we may need your art skills. Maybe we'll run into someone shady who will only let us go if you paint him a picture!" Laura gasped.

"...What it could happen."

Laura turned around only to bump right into Anime. "OH! Anime, it's so great that you finally got here. I was wondering if we'd have to track you down on our mission," Laura laughed... then stopped when she realized she wasn't funny.

"... Uh okay. uhm paint him a picture. thats nice. " Anna said as she looked at Laura.

Anna looked at Anime and waved at her "Oh hey! How did you get in here---" She said but paused staring at the ban sword.

"T-that s-scares me." She stuttered and calmed down after a minute or so.