Key Quest

Anime

I just wanted to rant. I tried playing keyquest with my 10 year old sister and her friend (I'm 19) but instead the screen was white. I could make choices but I couldn't see anything! They went through though. Sigh, now I am waiting for their game to end so I can play too.

I just wanted to rant. I tried playing keyquest with my 10 year old sister and her friend (I'm 19) but instead the screen was white. I could make choices but I couldn't see anything! They went through though. Sigh, now I am waiting for their game to end so I can play too.

That never happened to me. When I click key quest sometimes it doesn't load and I have to try again.

I think I have to stop playing keyquest...I was playing last night and accidentally hit the back button on my mouse while clicking like crazy on those fruits in a minigame. Whoever I was playing reported me for "cheating", and I got a warning from the admins. I never quit Key Quest otherwise, am easily over 90% and probably still over 99%. It seems ludicrous that my account can get frozen if I play Key Quest another ~500 times and then make that mistake again.

How is it possible that I am being threatened with being frozen when there are a ton of players in the lobby who are at less than 90% of games completed?

Sorry to hear that, brindle. I don't want to give you a false sense of security, but I don't think you're in danger of being frozen if you typically don't quit prematurely. But I understand that you're feeling bummed out right now, because it was a complete accident.

Would anyone be interested in doing win trades with me?

According to TNT, predetermining the winner is not allowed. I'm not sure how they would find out if you didn't discuss it anywhere on the neopets site itself, but it's not a risk I'd personally take. =/

I think sometimes people play to 5000 NP (max you can earn per game?) and then race to the door - but that might be against the rules too, and you also run the risk of someone's game crashing before the game ends and therefore wasting your time.

Even if you just play KQ normally it's a super easy way to earn neopoints! :)

I agree passiflora playing KQ normally is an excellent way to earn neopoints. I have earned over a thousand neopoints a game. I believe the keys are overratted. I've some cases where the lead keys prizes beat the silver prizes in sellable value. I don't know if that is just bad luck though.

I believe the keys are overratted. I've some cases where the lead keys prizes beat the silver prizes in sellable value. I don't know if that is just bad luck though.

I think there is a prize bank for each type of key, but silver is just a smaller subset of the gold key prizes, and lead is just a subset of the bronze key prizes.

I don't mind 3 or 4 player games because even if you get a bronze key, there's a chance you'll get a book or stamp that are unique to silver/lead keys, rather than the 'junk' items common to silver/gold keys.

According to TNT, predetermining the winner is not allowed. I'm not sure how they would find out if you didn't discuss it anywhere on the neopets site itself, but it's not a risk I'd personally take. =/

I think sometimes people play to 5000 NP (max you can earn per game?) and then race to the door - but that might be against the rules too, and you also run the risk of someone's game crashing before the game ends and therefore wasting your time.

Even if you just play KQ normally it's a super easy way to earn neopoints! :)

Hm, I see.

I was just about to start, but thankfully I checked this thread first.

Rest assured, I won't be engaging in a trade win arrangement then.

One thing I didn't know...if you choose not to roll the dice when you can't collect anything, is that cheating?Because in the rules it doesn't say anything about this..and to be honest..it would be pretty dumb to fly right past the key you need without collecting it.

It's common sense that it's against the rules. And for some reason I recall reading something, possibly an editorial, that said to report people doing that.

I disagree, here's why: Aside from the "rule" being mentioned in an editorial (which, keep in mind, not everyone reads!), there is no other mention of it anywhere on the Key Quest page (or any rules, for that matter). The first time someone ever did that to me (I used lint ball on them and they passed their turn), my first thought was "That was a pretty good strategy...". I think I saw someone mention on the NeoBoards that it was in fact not allowed, and people could be frozen for doing that. Let's say I never happened to find out about this "rule" --- I could've easily lost the account that I've had for so long and put so much time and effort into. I could understand if it was clearly mentioned somewhere on the Key Quest page, but for the fact that it isn't, it's pretty unfair. I've had things like this happen to me a few times after finding out that there is a "rule" against it, but I refuse to report these people, because for all I know, they have no idea that it's a rule! I don't think permanently losing your account for not being aware of a rule that wasn't clearly listed on the Key Quest page is an appropriate punishment.

Sadly, although I let other people get away with this "strategy", knowing it's against the rules and that I can be frozen for it, I can't do it myself. If Neopets team can't add some sort of protection against it happening (forced roll when dung or lint ball are used on you, maybe?), they could at least clearly mention the rule on the Key Quest page. Just sayin'!

errr.... or did Neopets team address this somehow already? I haven't played KQ in a year.

I'm on for the next hour or so- anyone on that wants to play a couple of rounds? :3

Regarding the predetermined win, I just find it funny that there's an article on the recent issue of the Neopian Times that pretty much suggests doing that (among friends). I suppose the staff member(s) who reviewed the article did not know about this particular rule.

Wow, I'd never seen that article before. Are the mini games really that big of a pain to people? I like the mini games and I try to land on them...