Key Quest

Anime

Today I had a triumphant moment when I got the PD curse to not be able to collect any items, two squares away from my last key. But then I rolled a 1, and still got my key and won. I don't think I'd ever once yelled at the screen like that.

Anyways, if anyone's looking for someone to play KQ with I'm always looking. Super KQ junkieeee.

I just started playing today, and I was going to win for the second time and they quit. It was a pretty long game for 2-player, so we both had a lot of nps and they were going to get a key anyway. I think I'm quitting for tonight. They're one of the only people playing in the newbie section.

I think this probably is the right place for this....

I have an extra Hallowe'en Jub Jub plushie that I just bought, and I would like to trade the code for another plushie code (ie, the Key Quest token)

I'm most interested in a uni token of some sort, especially a Royal Girl Uni.

So if you wanna trade, let me know what you have to offer! :D

yeah it's really not worth it to quit in the middle of the game because you have to start all over and you don't even get a prize ;)

Just made an awesome win :)

Once got a red codestone worth 40k ^^

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. There's an edit button that you can use for adding additional info to your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Mini Games but I beat this guy at all of em! :D I ALMOST WON IF THAT BREE DIDN'T SHOW UP AND MAKE ME EXCHANGE A KEY! I had no idea what she was doing...I accidentally exchanged a YELLOW key when I only had ONE! I should have exchanged my WHITE key because I HAD TWO OF THOSE! I HATE YOU BREE! I wish Xandra turned you to stone for this! AND STAY STONE!

All because of that winged little witch I lost! If it weren't for her, I'd have one! I HATE BREE! And that stupid Random Event for ruining my chance at winning! I'll turn her to stone!

and I hate Key Quest even more now. I'm never playing again!

Are random events in the game random or did my opponent use that on me?

EDIT: I just won my first game! YAY!

Skipping a turn to avoid the effects of a powerup is cheating, right? Including to avoid being redirected by a dung? I just had a player skip a turn so they could win, so frustrating! I sent them a nice message in case they didn't know, and they responded with "

Get over it, until they boot people out of the game for doing so then I'll stop."

They also said they froze, but that was the only time they ever went inactive and they returned RIGHT when their turn skipped. Considering what they said before, I don't believe they froze. :rolleyes_anim:

What are the chances that breaking rules in KQ actually gets you frozen? Numerous times I've lost games I could have won if I'd just skipped my turn. I'd feel rotten for doing it, but everyone else does it so often. :(

I just got my first win today :D I was so happy. I like the game but I have problems with the mini games, I always loose so I don't acutally win the whole game often.

That win was amazing because I lost all of the mini games that were played.

But I agree, report that player and the message. It is indeed cheating.

I've only been quit on once in a 3 player game, right in the begnining. But I still won a sliver key so it was alright.

Skipping a turn to avoid the effects of a powerup is cheating, right? Including to avoid being redirected by a dung? I just had a player skip a turn so they could win, so frustrating! I sent them a nice message in case they didn't know, and they responded with "

Get over it, until they boot people out of the game for doing so then I'll stop."

They also said they froze, but that was the only time they ever went inactive and they returned RIGHT when their turn skipped. Considering what they said before, I don't believe they froze. :rolleyes_anim:

What are the chances that breaking rules in KQ actually gets you frozen? Numerous times I've lost games I could have won if I'd just skipped my turn. I'd feel rotten for doing it, but everyone else does it so often. :(

KQ reports are tricky, because you're going to be the one who has to provide the proof of this. You're going to have to take detailed screenshots of this happening, so if you recognize a username who always does this, then it's easier for you to get proof to send a report about them. Merely saying "So and so is cheating in KeyQuest" won't get you far because without the proof it's just your word against them. But yeah, it is reportable if you have enough screenshots to show for it :)

KQ reports are tricky, because you're going to be the one who has to provide the proof of this. You're going to have to take detailed screenshots of this happening, so if you recognize a username who always does this, then it's easier for you to get proof to send a report about them. Merely saying "So and so is cheating in KeyQuest" won't get you far because without the proof it's just your word against them. But yeah, it is reportable if you have enough screenshots to show for it :)

I've heard that you need screenshots, but unfortunately I wasn't quick-thinking enough for that. :( I took Lydia's advice and reported it anyway, as they practically admitted to cheating in the neomail they sent me. Even if nothing happens, at least they'll be more aware of the problem. :)

This post is for ClatoEverlark's 'KeyQuest woe' who's topic was locked while I was trying to reply. Ack. Anyway get ready for a page elongation....

In Key Quest, like most games, luck is a strong factor in playing the game. With that being said, it is generally easy to win if you are the average person, unless you get crummy power-ups and rolls, or get high rolls and very good power-ups. Mini-games are somewhat essential to Key Quest also, but even so, I've played games where I've won most of the mini-games and still "lost" (not first or even second). While they can be very helpful at times, mini-games are not essential to winning a game and you can counteract someone's mini-game winnings with a bit of luck. Strategy also plays a significant part in the game, but it goes head to head with the luck factor.

Try to know each of the boards and which house is best for the route you prefer. For example, I think Sweet 1 and 2's best start is the Haunted Woods home because it has a key and a power-up. Then going the green to red to white key path is the next best. Blue is left out because it is the farthest from the Haunted Woods home and I usually win it from a power-up, mini-game, or a random event. And that's just one route for one board, many other boards have many other good routes. But always be prepared to improvise if your route is changed or blocked.

More tips include:

• Know your power-ups and quickly plot out any possible scenario or consequences with them. For instance, don't always immediately use a R.S.H. because someone else might get an awesomely dangerous power-up like SwapKR or SuKG. Another example would be using a R.F.W. on someone and give them two keys of the same color, when someone else will use a SpareKR on that same person and get the last key they need to win. You have to plan ahead and watch for any slip ups.
  • Some power-ups can counter others. For instance, if someone uses a R.F.W. that give you a spare key, you can counter it by either using another R.F.W. on yourself or using a DPotion with anyone who has the key you just lost. You can also counter some hexes with power ups, like using Virtudice against Hubrid Nox.
  • If someone is about to win, you can stall them by using the Catapult or Quicksand. You can also make them miss the KeyGate by putting dung on the Gate square, just make sure they don't have "transportation" power-ups like T-Helm, MisComp, or Mortog.
  • If you have key power-ups to spare or win a mini-game for a key, get the ones farthest from you or ones that are not on your "route".
  • If all else fails, have 5 keys to get a silver key if someone else wins.

That's all for now, I don't know what else can help in game at the moment. Practice at the mini-games though, even if they are super glitchy at times *cough* SpyderScare,FlowerFrenzy,andNovaMatcher*cough* they can still make a difference in gameplay. Any other questions ClatoEverlark?

SUPREME EDIT: WIN!!! I just snagged two of the most expensive lab map pieces along with an assortment of 7 codestones and 4 neggs. :D What a great lot!

Played KQ for the first time in a few months and thought I was going to lose as one of the players used the boots power-up, but landed one away from winning, and lucky me rolled a 6 and snatched the win from her. *evil laugh* My prizes were quite bland though...back to Habitarium for me. At least I can keep that open in a different tab and not have my Mac explode from the heat lol.

I like KQ but keep getting sucky prizes, best so far is a 18k Negg.

Where is my PB!

I think paintbrushes are only given out with gold keys! Is that what you're redeeming?

Lots of people say they make tons of NP off KQ prizes, but even with gold keys I often just get 4 junk items. After the spring promotion I had like 20 gold keys to redeem, and I only got two cheap paintbrushes and then just basic codestones and neggs. You'll get a more expensive prize eventually! :)

It really is luck based. Sometimes I can make no profit whatsoever fro the prizes, but sometimes I can make over 1 million with just 1 gold key. It's rare however. Remember, paintbrushes aren't the only big profit makers. 'Secret Lab Map' and 'Regular' map pieces are good too, along with red codestones, regular codestones (unless you're training) and neggs. With avereage luck you can make 100k with 10 gold keys, more if you're lucky. And only play 5-15 min. games.

Well, Keyquest is down. Today is my only day off this week, and I've never been so disappointed in my life. Is there going to be a Neopocalypse part 2? I hope not.

Well, Keyquest is down. Today is my only day off this week, and I've never been so disappointed in my life. Is there going to be a Neopocalypse part 2? I hope not.

Part 2 happened last night/evening. I don't know when they got Neopets back up, but someone had posted that TNT made a topic in their message board regarding them having hardware issues yesterday afternoon, so I'm guessing some Meepits got loose and made the issue worse, causing Neopets to do down last night.

KQ is now back online :D I'm happy, I made a KQ friend today and we play just for the prizes and until we get bored. My prizes from gold and silver keys are usually codestones and neggs.

I hoared 8 silver once, and got a ton of backgrounds. I've also gotten one 5k peice of a treasure map before.

Also, is there a summer promotion comming up? I know there was a winter/halloween/spring one, and I'm wondering if I'll need to start hoarding keys anytime soon.