Key Quest

Anime

^^^ That used to happen to me. A lot. I don't know why or how it stopped but thank goodness.

I don't think it's French because "tower = tour" and "title = "titre". Maybe TNT likes to be funny and use "le" like they do in those rage comics. As in *le refrigerator or *le me and a friend. But that is a weird glitch...

So yesterday I had a KQ game with some random Neopian, and we went on for at least 30 minutes. We had made about 3.5k during that game and I finally I lost. But she even neomailed me to say she had a good time ^_^

Yays

I was hoping the promotion would be over today, but I saw it's still happening. -_- I wish it would just end, I miss cashing in my gold keys. :P

I didn't even realize there was a promotion! :O I just checked out the summer 2012 prizes and they actually look pretty decent, especially compared to some past promotions. I suppose it can still get a little repetitive, especially if it's been going on for a while.

I actually like some of the prizes and have used some of them, such as the background for my Aisha. I've been cashing in my keys and I typically get at least one codestone/negg with each one. Usually I get two so I don't think it's affected what I get too much. If anything i'm getting less of the stuff that is only worth 1 np!

I've had the worst run of KQ games today :c Bad luck after bad luck after bad luck. Once I realized that it was starting to affect my mood, I decided to take a break and go to TDNF instead c:

Some of the things are cute, and I actually plan on using some of the items I've won from the promotion. But I mostly play KQ because I need to save up a lot of NPs to get the couple of dream pets I want, so I like when I win things that I'll be able to sell for a decent amount of NPs rather than 1 NP items. :P

I've had the worst run of KQ games today :c Bad luck after bad luck after bad luck. Once I realized that it was starting to affect my mood, I decided to take a break and go to TDNF instead c:

I feel your pain! I was playing earlier and landing on all the wrong alignment squares, getting sent back home, and rolling 1's and 2's while my opponent was rolling all 4's, 5's, and 6's, landing on their correct alignment square, and winning all the mini games.

I can't play Key Quest cuz now its slooooow.

EDIT: at least this attempt it was loading!(and it was still looooading)

What's the jerk to normal person ratio in key quest? I'm interested in trying it out, but every time I'm looking at the page, I feel so intimidated. I worry that someone is going to be a jerk to me for not knowing how to play well. I don't suppose it's possible to switch the chat off?

What's the jerk to normal person ratio in key quest? I'm interested in trying it out, but every time I'm looking at the page, I feel so intimidated. I worry that someone is going to be a jerk to me for not knowing how to play well. I don't suppose it's possible to switch the chat off?

Usually the only "jerky" think people do in KQ is quit games if they're losing, making both of you miss out on prizes. I usually play 3 or 4 player games so that's less likely to happen. The chat is all pre-loaded phrases and people rarely use it, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. With practice you'll get the hang of it, and if you ask around, I'm sure there are many nice people who would love to play you, or maybe even some other new players looking for a KQ buddy. :)

I'm on vacation now but if you ever want to play when I get back I'd be happy to play you. I wouldn't worry about that chat either since like passiflora said it's all pre-loaded stuff. You can't actually type out whatever you want to say.

Thanks for the answers, guys. It's slightly less intimidating now ^^

I don't understand why someone would quit the game on purpose - is it a pride thing? Because as I understand it, you always win something, even if you lose?

I don't understand it either because if you quit, you don't get any of the neopoints you've been racking up during the actual game. And obviously you don't your key to get prizes that way either. I guess maybe they only want their stats to show that they get gold keys. I take whatever I can get though!

As would I. I'm not gonna waste my time playing a game to then get nothing at all if it looks like I'm going to lose. That's just silly. Though I guess those who do that do it for the "prestige" - but now that I know, the people with only gold keys are going to look like key quest quitters to me. I find it hard to believe that someone has won every single game they've played. Few people may have, so it's not fair to them to pass judgement, but you know...

I just got finished playing a KQ game that I was obviously going to loose! First of all it took three tries to get my second key! First I got sent back to my home square, then we had our directions changed and I was ONE SQUARE AWAY when the keys got switched around and my luck would have it it changed to my first key :< but I refuse to quit games no matter how cruddy my luck gets so I kept on going, then one by one my teammates started quitting! Usually when everyone quits it sends me back to the join game screen but this time it let me keep playing! I was in last place, only had two keys and because all my random mates quit I still got my gold key!

Lately I have only been joining 3-4 player games ooor 2-player games where the person who posted the game has a >90% rating (green smiley) and I have had barely any problems with quitters, only 3 in a span of two or three weeks.

I just opened a gold key and it was full of junk from the Ti-Key promotion :( so much for it being "over". Oh well, I guess Key Quest has always been glitchy.