Key Quest

Anime

Okay, so I wasn't trying to be mean, but I was super excited at the opportunity to do this. :/ I had all five keys (like 3 of each actually... it was a power up heavy game), had a super boots of flight power up, and the other player landed on that mystery event square and the event was that all players roll a 12 sided die--so I rolled the 12 sided die 3 times and got some crazy number like 20-something. So... I kinda took a victory lap. I counted it out and it was the exact number to loop around and get back into the door. So.... I did it. :/ I wasn't trying to be mean to the other player, but when do you get an opportunity like that? Should I have not done so?

I wouldn't have been offended. Jealous that I didn't get to? Definitely. :P

Does anyone else ever make really dumb mistakes in keyquest? Like landing on the treasure chest and accidentally choosing a key you already have. I do that once in a while when I've been playing multiple games in a row and hate myself for it lol. I did it today again.

Does anyone else ever make really dumb mistakes in keyquest? Like landing on the treasure chest and accidentally choosing a key you already have. I do that once in a while when I've been playing multiple games in a row and hate myself for it lol. I did it today again.

YES! Like starting in a yellow key corner, winning a mini game and choosing the yellow key because I was thinking that I was in the blue corner. Happened today. I felt retarded.

it is not necessarily dumb. i do it sometimes :)

i got 1 yellow, green, red, and have distraction potion. my opponent have 1 blue, red, green, yellow.

landed on treasure and choose yellow, then grab blue key and exchanged with color he have ^^,

I guess I should call it a silly mistake instead of a dumb one. But I'll tell myself okay if you win this minigame and it's for a key pick yellow and then for some unknown reason I'll click on green which I already have. Silly!

Is there any point in reporting people who quit on you? I checked the ticket categories and nothing seems to fit the situation. My opponent just quit on me as I was about to walk into the keyhole. Seriously, who does that? If it's not deliberate, it's one hell of a coincidence. I've felt the temptation to quit games when I'm having the most rotten luck, but never did, because no one is entitled to win and it's all up to the luck faeries.

"OH if I can't win, no one gets anything!!" I'm so annoyed.

i really dont think its worth reporting. they can never be sure whether it was poor sportsmanship or lack of a good connection.. we know when someone's quit on us but it's difficult to prove

ETA: I usually settle for this kind of reaction:

tumblr_m7qxw8W3Bw1qa6lco.jpg

tumblr_m7qxwf4VhQ1qa6lco.png

LOL. That's the best thing I have seen all day. I'm going to start thinking like that when I get quit on again. :laughingsmiley:

Is there any point in reporting people who quit on you? I checked the ticket categories and nothing seems to fit the situation. My opponent just quit on me as I was about to walk into the keyhole. Seriously, who does that? If it's not deliberate, it's one hell of a coincidence. I've felt the temptation to quit games when I'm having the most rotten luck, but never did, because no one is entitled to win and it's all up to the luck faeries.

"OH if I can't win, no one gets anything!!" I'm so annoyed.

It's probably too difficult to prove someone is intentionally quitting unless they were reported for it frequently. :(

Is it actually against the rules to quit games? I don't think I've ever actually seen TNT post a stance on quitting (it is, however, against the rules to skip a turn to gain an advantage, which should definitely be reported!). There's even an article in the Neopian Times that justifies quitting.

tumblr_m7qxwf4VhQ1qa6lco.png

LOL that's pretty much my exact reaction. :laughingsmiley:

Is it actually against the rules to quit games? I don't think I've ever actually seen TNT post a stance on quitting (it is, however, against the rules to skip a turn to gain an advantage, which should definitely be reported!). There's even an article in the Neopian Times that justifies quitting.

The thread titled "kqdoor.gifkqkey.gif

KeyQuest: THE RULES 2.0

kqkey.gifkqdoor.gif" on the Key Quest Board on Neopets addresses this. In Editorial 429 it says "Hi TNT, I love to play Key Quest, but unfortunately I run into a lot of players who quit when you're about to win. I generally ignore it, but several people have mentioned Neomailing the person or sending them a Pile of Dung. Is this allowed? ~aquamarine8402

Although quitters can be frustrating, sending them a Pile of Dung, posting their name on a board, or sending them a mean Neomail is considered harassment (and therefore a warnable offence). If you would like to report a user, please fill out the form located

here (http://www.neopets.com/autoform_abuse.phtml?abuse=report)

and we will be happy to look into it for you without the use of a Dung Catapult. ;)"

So, quitting is a reportable offense.

@Passiflora I can't agree with that article. You start a game, you're going to finish it, unless the game is bugging out or something real life related is preventing you from playing. If you're going to quit for any other reason, do it in the beginning of the game, otherwise you're just wasting other people's time. No one would ever win anything if everyone would "quit strategically".

I didn't report this person, but I refuse to play with them again. So if I see them in the waiting room, I'm not joining. I only take drastic measures like this when I'm sure someone is quitting because they're about to lose.

@Lovedwallflower That's great :D That captures the feeling perfectly!

@Passiflora I can't agree with that article. You start a game, you're going to finish it, unless the game is bugging out or something real life related is preventing you from playing. If you're going to quit for any other reason, do it in the beginning of the game, otherwise you're just wasting other people's time. No one would ever win anything if everyone would "quit strategically".

I didn't report this person, but I refuse to play with them again. So if I see them in the waiting room, I'm not joining. I only take drastic measures like this when I'm sure someone is quitting because they're about to lose.

Oh I agree absolutely - besides, silver keys can still give out okay prizes or you can save them for a day when you can't play 10 times. It's stilly to quit, I'd just never seen an actual confirmed rule. Luckily brightmanchild has helped with that! :)

I definitely try to avoid players who I know have quit on me, too.

A tip on avoiding quitters - there are less of them at the 5 key place than the newbie place!

Also

I definitely try to avoid players who I know have quit on me, too.
how? do you keep a list and refer to it when someone joins a game? seems like too much hassle

how? do you keep a list and refer to it when someone joins a game? seems like too much hassle

I don't have a list but I guess they're just memorable instances since I'm rarely quit on. I can't even think of any usernames off the top of my head although I'd recognize them if I saw them. I can also usually remember people I've played against even when they haven't quit on me, especially if they're good players. Just a good memory in general, I guess. :P

It's really starting to annoy me when people quit before the game even starts. It seems really common when a person doesn't get the house they wanted for them to quit. I guess I should be grateful I didn't go through an entire game with them where they quit at the end but it still seems silly. I mean I like certain houses as well but I'm not going to quit if I don't get my favorite.

It's really starting to annoy me when people quit before the game even starts. It seems really common when a person doesn't get the house they wanted for them to quit. I guess I should be grateful I didn't go through an entire game with them where they quit at the end but it still seems silly. I mean I like certain houses as well but I'm not going to quit if I don't get my favorite.

I just pick a random house, I don't even know the pros/cons to each house. Whenever I play KeyQuest, I just go for the keys, I don't have a specific type of strategy or house that I adhere to.

I've played about 10 games in the last few days, and have never gotten a gold key. :(

I'm starting to think that I need an actual strategy for KQ now :P

Don't worry, you'll get better at it! What helped me was reading the stuff TDN has up on the various mini games and stuff. They really have a lot of stuff about keyquest. I also like to pick one board and stick with it because then I figure out which house I like, where my alignment space is and the most efficient way to get all the keys.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/keyquest-index/

Yay! Congrats! Did you end up getting anything good out of them? I've played 3 games today and got 3 gold keys but my prizes really weren't very good. :(

I've gotten two codestones for each gold key; four in total. I'm saving them for training later on.