What is your favourite or current book?

dazedANDconfused

Oh no, don't get me started on books. I love reading entirely too much, so I'll just utilize the copy/paste function in conjunction with my Facebook profile ;)

Friday Night Lights (H G Bissinger)

The Language of God (Francis S Collins, head of the Human Genome Project)

My Guy Barbaro (Edgar Prado, jockey)

Shy Boy (Monty Roberts)

The Red Pony (John Steinbeck)

Night (Elie Wiesel)

Anthem (Ayn Rand)

Anything by CS Lewis

THE CLASSICS!: 1984, Mice and Men, Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde, The Pictures Of Dorian Gray, etc.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most recent books are The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and Tex by S.E. Hinton.

The latter is a fantastic author ;3 I loved her books The Outsiders, and also That Was Then, This Is Now.

Sounds like you enjoy every single book I have been forced to read. I never found any enjoyment out of Night.

LOL, it's amazing how much more you enjoy a book when you don't have to do worksheets, essays, and tests. I read these during high school and I hated them, but after reading them at my leisure a few years later, they are some of my personal favourites :)

Well I found the most enjoyment out of Anthem whereas my classmates hated it. I like Siddhartha (I think that's it). I have all of Ayn Rand's books now. I also LOVED To Kill a Mockingbird, whereas (again) my classmates hated it. Night just made me fall asleep (even after I read it after the last test was through). Ah well.

I enjoy almost any book... except for horror and romance... but my favourite author would definitely be Terry Pratchett, no doubt one of the best and funniest (for me at least, many find him difficult) writers who ever lived. His Discworld series, to be precise - it became a lot harder to make me laugh after I read it.

To Kill a Mockingbird wasn't my fav. until after i was out of high school *like AntiGrav said* I hated Shakespeare, i should probably try to read his work again because the only one i even remotely remember is Romeo and Juliet lol

**EDIT** responding to janal ..the only thing ive ever read from LL foster is her Servant series so i dont know what her other writing is like o_O when Christine Feehan first started writing I emailed her and I got a response back saying how she appreciated me and her "fans" I was super psyched...but if i emailed her now i probably wouldnt get anything back because she probably gets like a million emails lol. This was back when i was like 13 *wow* lol It was on my old email so i can't even find it :crying:

Yay!!!! I found a Christine Feehan fan :woot: lol i also like Sherrilyn Kenyon.........Have you heard of L.L. Foster? *aka Lori Foster* If not I think you'll enjoy her Servant Series :)

haha yeah I'm a fan.. ^_^ I met Sherrilyn and had her sign a few of my books for me. I also have a DH bag and taken pics with her an "Ash". FYI he's hawt ^_^

I've read a few of LL foster, I'm not THAT into her writing though. Sometimes it's just the individual books.

I love To Kill a Mockingbird, but like Unstream said, it's not my favourite.

And LOL I cannot stand Shakespeare. In school, out of school, I abhor him. He was worshiped by too many of my AP Literature teachers who would throw aside all other writers so that we could study Shakespeare. I know that's not Shakespeare's fault, lol, but I think he is quite overrated. I do appreciate the complex themes of his stories, but I can't seem to appreciate his actual writing.

My two favourite sets of books are The Abarat books by Clive Barker and Terry Pratchetts Discworld novels, I strongly recommend them to anyone

lol, Unstream, The Sinister Secret of Frederick K Bower was the first book my brother bought me when I was a kid :) It was awesome.

Lol I've never actually read that one. I've read his The Power of Five series and his Alex Rider series, but that's it. They were both really good though. Who here has read those?

Shakespeare came up with a lot of words we now use. I think he has the right amount of praise bestowed upon him, but that's just me. ^_^ I enjoy reading his stuff. I however was not a fan of A Midsummer's Night Dream. Blech.

Ooh and I love Edgar Allen Poe. ^__^

Haha - I want to read some Edgar Allen Poe, my Mum read some and she loved it.

This is such a tough question for me 'cos I'm a hugeeee book lover!

Naming a few of my favs....Harry Potter, Twilight, anything Shakespeare, William Blake's poetry, Firefly Island, Sabriel, PS I Love You, Memoirs of a Geisha... and more! I take a book out of the library every few weeks or so! :)

Lol I've never actually read that one. I've read his The Power of Five series and his Alex Rider series, but that's it. They were both really good though. Who here has read those?

I have, and I'm eagerly awaiting more. :yes: I haven't been able to get my hands on Necropolis though...

I have read the Alex Rider series! :D I do love it so~

As for my current favourites, I'm still laughing over "Much Ado About Nothing" by Shakespeare since our class watched the movie version. In more modern things, I've been quite partial to reading a lot of chick-lit lately for some reason. o.o