What is your favourite or current book?

dazedANDconfused

I'm waiting for my copy of The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux to come.

That is my favorite! I've read it about five times, and it keeps getting better.

It's way too difficult to pick just one "favorite book", but if there's one book I could just read over and over again, it would be "The Hobbit", by J.R.R. Tolkien. There's nothing better than curling up with a well written fantasy book.

By the way, are there any "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" fans here? If you haven't heard the news yet, Eoin Colfer (the author of the "Artemis Fowl" series) is writing a sixth installment of the series, which is titled "And Another Thing..." [link]

I can't wait! :D

Does manga count? If it does, I :wub_anim: the Bleach manga.

Heerozero- I love the avie! I'm a huge Bleach fan.

Chad's Girl

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post! ;) There's an edit button below each of your previous submitted posts.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My teacher recently finished reading to our class (yes, I don't like reading myself XD) The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

Its quite a childish point of view, but I learnt a lot more researching about the Holocaust and all that.

Quite a sad story :( I almost cried, almost.

I defnitly dont have a favorite, been reading since i was five years old and never stopped. If it got words in it i will prolly read it. i love almost any kind of book except books about war, i somehow jsut cant stand it and if it got pictures in it - garden books i will most likely read it twise lol. I easily read 12 books per week if time permits it unless i go for a really good masterpiece, then i take more time.

since Shakespeare was mentioned so often, my fav was Twelth Night :)

I am currently reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and I'm so far in love with the book.

You totally stole what I was going to say! I just finished it for English Class and it was awesome. The last chapter was a little meh because it didn't really need to be added in there. Other than that it was great!

I'm reading Big Fish right now, and I am a little disappointed. Tim Burton really made the movie great, with such little to work with, because right now I'm not diggin' it much.

I love fiction, mostly classics and fantasy.

My favs are (in order) David Copperfield, Jane Eyre, Clan of the Cave Bear, and Gone With the Wind. I also really like Othello, Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter and Wicked. Dracula by Bram Stoker is pretty cool too. Right now I'm reading Nicholas Nickelby-I figured since Charles Dickens wrote my fav book, I should read his other works!

Catcher in the Rye, by J.D Salinger never fails to amaze me. People have just changed their mentalities completely after reading Holden's account, and while I have not, I can see their attraction. There are so, so, so many allusions to this book in everyday media you would never believe it. If you have not picked it up, I do implore you to.

I just don't understand the fascination people have with Catcher in The Rye. I found it a bit boring, and kind of depressing. I read it twice to try and find something remarkable in it I missed the first time. I was disappointed, I usually love the classics! Anyway, guess it just didn't suit my tastes

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie~) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post; use the edit button instead ;)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.