What is your favourite or current book?

dazedANDconfused

Currently im rereading the Twilight saga *which is one of my favorites*. Series books are among my favorites like Twilight, Harry Potter, and Odd Thomas *by Dean Koontz* (If you havent read Odd Thomas i suggest you do) :D Make sure you go in order though! I like Christine Feehan and obviously D.K. ^^^ Theres alot..i love reading :nerd:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D= You can overstep your 'edit' powers?

Anyway. My favorite book at the moment would have to beee...Murder List, by Julie Garwood. Has anyone else read it before? I've only read about 50 pages or so, but it's really good so far.

Boring? how dare you... I want to take a boring class at my school, but I guess they think it's too boring to teach.

Well I find it boring since the library is severely lacking in programming and software design textbooks. Other people might find the hardware stuff interesting though. xD

J.R.R.T. is really good too. I haven't finished reading the Lord of The Rings yet though. I got through half of The Silmarillion when I was younger. Wow...I will never understand how my brother has the patience to read that book over and over.

o_O I've always found that Tolkien's books flow along too smoothly to stop reading...

Favorite book... hmm... I think it has to be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (but everyone knows that!). Or is it Midnight by Jacqueline Wilson? Nope... got to be between the Harry Potter book I mentioned first, and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Decisions, decisions...

I Love Lemony Snicket, A Series Of Unfortunate Events. The Film Is Ace :)

I've always found that Tolkien's books flow along too smoothly to stop reading...

I've been meaning to get back to the Lord of the Rings. D= I've been interrupted by othre things *cough*school reading*cough*. X-X

The Silmarillion-I just didn't have patience to get through the second half when I was ten. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

I've been meaning to get back to the Lord of the Rings. D= I've been interrupted by othre things *cough*school reading*cough*. X-X

The Silmarillion-I just didn't have patience to get through the second half when I was ten. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

Yeah it's the same with me. I could never get through the Two Towers. The movie's a lot easier to watch :yes:

A couple of my favorite authors include Douglas Adams and Michael Crichton. They both were excellent authors with outstanding stories.

It is a huge shame that they are no longer living with us though. =/ Michael Crichton was really one of the most unexpected passing during 2008.

Although a neat thing is that Chricton's very last novel will be published posthumously in May 2009. And apparently the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is going to have a sixth book to the series. Although it is to be written by a different author.

It seems that people are really large on the Harry Potter series, and I was too at one point except I'm not sure when exactly I lost interest.

I think I received the fourth book as a gift, and after I had read that I just never was too excited to run out and get the next one.

Not because it wasn't a good series, I enjoyed it, except do you think the series is worth finishing? Did the books improve or did the story dwindle?

Meh, it kinda depends on how you look at it. The story was just as well-written, but things started getting mixed up and complicated, and people died who shouldn't have. I liked the first Harry Potter books better than the later ones. Could be just me. *shrugs*

Let's see, my favorite book... I don't really know. I haven't read for pleasure recently; I keep getting distracted by school reading. Um... for light reading I like the Cat Who series by Lilian Jackson Braun. I like mysteries; I like cats; it's perfect for me. =]

~ Livvy

It seems that people are really large on the Harry Potter series, and I was too at one point except I'm not sure when exactly I lost interest.

I think I received the fourth book as a gift, and after I had read that I just never was too excited to run out and get the next one.

Not because it wasn't a good series, I enjoyed it, except do you think the series is worth finishing? Did the books improve or did the story dwindle

to me harry potter got better with the last books because they got darker and i dont know.....more of somethin i cant put my finger on right now....its been a while since i read them. Thats gonna be my next *re*read cause its bugging me that i can't describe it lol but did you lose interest because of the plot or characters? Or something else? j/w

**edit I agree with you Livvy about people dying who really shouldn't have....I cry every time i read those :nerd: ..its heartwrenching lol

Ha, yea, I threw the (6th book, was it? Anywho, whichever book Dumbl... I probably shouldn't spoil it.) at the wall. There's a lovely dent in my bedroom wall now, roughly the size and shape of the corner or a Harry Potter book. =] I got so mad at it... Which makes me sound so nerdy and like I have no life. =P

~ Livvy

I have thrown my Sword of Truth books at the wall. There's a dent in my old house from one of them. I wasn't very happy with what happened with things.

Killing that Mord-Sith with the Plague was just downright cruel

Don't highlight if you haven't read up to Faith of the Fallen.

D= You can overstep your 'edit' powers?

Well I'm not a moderator, I only have the edit powers for fixing or updating news posts...so I didn't want to be abuse the privilege.

My most recent book was a book called "Nine Kind of Nakes" by Toni Vigorito, who is a local Austin writer,

which is 50% of why I bought it. I love reading local authors or authors that I might actually get to meet!

Anyway it is a fantastic book about Synchronicity (aka the butterfly effect), and aside from just having an awesome story with great characters it also has

a lot of really interesting philosophy and trivia worked into it, even some legitimate facts just strung throughout this hilarious and gripping fiction story.

I would strongly recommend this to ROTCChick, and to anyone else who loves trivia, science, or philosophy delivered in a hilarious and thought provoking manner.

TXGovernor- It is my understanding you are free to edit thread titles. lol Course, rules may be different for here. Anyways hm...what else? Oh yes I enjoy reading The Devil's Disciples Hitler's Inner Circle (I don't think I have to tell you what that's about) and also the Temperance Brennan novels by Kathy Reichs. I haven't read half the books in my arsenal lol. I planned on it then got really busy.

Call me a little bland, but I am a huge fan of the classic. Oh, gosh do I love 'em.

Catcher in the Rye, by J.D Salinger never fails to amaze me. People have just changed their mentalities completely after reading Holden's account, and while I have not, I can see their attraction. There are so, so, so many allusions to this book in everyday media you would never believe it. If you have not picked it up, I do implore you to.

Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury. Very calignious. I love this envisioning of a corrupt government. It's about a firefighter who starts fires to eliminate free thought. Imagine a world where that's not allowed. It's beautifully written and hints a slight love story between a man and his dreams. Very philosophical.

Lord of the Flies, by William Golding. As a writer, I'm obsessed with creating beautiful images through my words; Golding, here, paints a breathtaking scene on an island, which gradually morphs into some Battle Royal-esque slaughthouse. But still, very tasteful and interesting. It shows how humanity crumbles without the supports of each other and history.

Battle Royale, by ???. No, not the movie. The book! I loved the book. I'm a sick little freak like that lmao ;D Not for the faint. For the revolutionist!!

There are so many more, I may die listing them! Ivan Dennisovich, Water Running of My Back, by M.K Asante - my dear friend :) - and others. I think some of the classics are best, they have paved the way for many other books.

Classics are definitely some of my favourite reading material.

I forgot to mention my burning love for The Catcher In The Rye, I like to think of Holden as the male version of myself.

Lord of the Flies is also not to be forgotten. I watched the moved while I was really young, around 10 or 11 and didn't get the opportunity to read the book until several years later.

Once I did start reading it though, I was completely intrigued until the very last page of it.

My favourite book? Oh! It is so hard to choose one! Yeah, my Sister reads alot of Chuck Paluhniuk (that how you spell it?)

I know that my favourite authors are for kids, but, they are just so good! I love the cuteness of Jacqueline Wilson's books which I used to read. They were just, great, even for me.

Enid Blyton too. Her books are just magical if you get into the right frame of mind.

I also like the Harry Potter series (You probably noticed) by Jk Rowling, I'm a huge fan of her, she's just such a fantastic writer! Of course I love the Twilight series too, my favourite book probably being Twilight (the first one) if I had to choose. Anyways, you probably noticed, I really can't choose who my favourite author is. There are too many good ones out there! :D

wow my favorite author has to either be Sherrilyn Kenyon or Christine Feehan. They are both paranomal romance authors but the way they right their novels, I have seen a LOT of males who have read their books as welll. My favorite young adult novel would have to be Paradise by Cheryl Zach. The book is out of print, and my copy is so old and yellowed and wrinkled it looks like it is going to fall apart or crumble into dust any minute.