Well that's an interesting glitch!

I tried to set up a couple of my pets to volunteer earlier today, and somehow, though I didn't click on any of them for the second volunteer shift, it put Cutey for both? Huh.  Have refreshed a few times and now waited a couple hours and it's still like that.  Oh well, as long as it doesn't say I missed one of the two because the same pet can't be in two places at once I'm fine with it!

image.thumb.png.691b88594d3fddb8f5df241e91169417.png

This happened to me, but I noticed it immediately and changed it. If you remember, report back and let us know how it goes. 

I've seen it with someone else happening too. Hasn't happened to me yet though and if it did, I would cancel one of them and have another pet join the shift. But if you do get all 40 points, please let us know.

Don't abuse the glitch though, so if you see it, change your pet, otherwise TNT might consider it cheating.

Looks like I got all 40 points, and both items.  

I didn't even consider the cheating angle.  I have no idea how it selected the same pet twice (didn't give me the option TO select one, and Cutey was way down in the list, so she should not have been first up if I somehow managed to click and not notice it) so definitely won't be abusing it.  

This happened to me two days in a row, but I noticed it fast enough I could cancel and re-assign my second neopet to the job.

It happens when I'm in a hurry and click the join button before the page completely finished loading.  The join button gets drawn first or something and if you click it too early, it seems to assign the first pet a second time.

Hm.  My computer is so slow, though, it's weird that that's the cause.  Maybe it's because it is, haha.

Also, interestingly enough, I had it happen last night.  I cancelled the duplicate and assigned a different pet to it, but when I logged in this morning, the same pet was doing both shifts.  **shrugs**  

That already happened to me multiple times now. I usually just cancel one immediately and pick another pet. I have read on other forums that it will allow you to collect the prize for both of them at the end anyway.