Should I do the bump up to accelerate training now?

I'm at the 6 tan codestone/12 hours level currently.  When I was still on the 8 hour cycle, I was fine getting 2 sessions in a day since it gave me some leeway, but now I'm finding that since I don't always log in at the same time every day, I'm usually only getting one in.  Would it be worth it to just go ahead and bump up, even though the red stones are more expensive just so I can start doing more sessions a day again, or since I am really unlikely to hit the next multiplier(s) for str/def before the plot goes into battle mode unless it takes a year to get there, does it really matter?

image.png.17f6ea07c26d2caaa068472a8d1fb493.png

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I'm at the 6 tan codestone/12 hours level currently.  When I was still on the 8 hour cycle, I was fine getting 2 sessions in a day since it gave me some leeway, but now I'm finding that since I don't always log in at the same time every day, I'm usually only getting one in.  Would it be worth it to just go ahead and bump up, even though the red stones are more expensive just so I can start doing more sessions a day again, or since I am really unlikely to hit the next multiplier(s) for str/def before the plot goes into battle mode unless it takes a year to get there, does it really matter?

image.png.17f6ea07c26d2caaa068472a8d1fb493.png

Hmmm that's a tough call. If you had some Training Fortune Cookies you could reduce your training time, it's random per session, but those cost some NC. Well, figure roughly how much NP your 6 stones cost you, and look at how much 1 Red Stone costs. The most expensive Red stones are almost 90,000np. There are some Cheaper red stones, like Mag and Sho codestones. Cui, last time I checked was in the mid 60k's, but Vux, Kew, and Zed stones were all in the high 80k's. So it's really up to you if you want to power-level or now to level 250 so you can go to red stones. You can try taking to do some Col_Mack to Kitchen Quests, though those can be expensive and if you don't get a stat point increase, the rewards are not usually worth the cost. But it's up to you. For NC training, I always recommend the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies. They're the Cheapest and random faerie quests give more stat points than regular training does, though you only get one quest per day and it's not always a faerie you might need/want. It could be an air faerie, and movement is pretty worthless.

Still, considering you might get asked for multiple Eo Codstones, you certainly might consider power-leveling to the 1 red stone level.

I DEFINITELY appreciate faerie festival time :D

I've got a small stockpile (the it'll go VERY fast sort) in the SDB from battling, but not a ton.  At this point, since I'm only regularly getting 1 session in daily (with the occasional 2) I'm looking at, I think, around 5 months of daily work to get to the next multiplier, I think?  30 levels (minus a few) then 60 points a piece, not including HP, which would make it 7.  (Then only a few years to get all of it to the next level if I stayed at the tans until it was maxed!)  Hm.  Not terrible, I guess?  And that's assuming nothing else changed my stats.  I don't necessarily hate the waiting as much as I could, but I'm just not sure it's worth it to keep grinding at the lower levels (and eventually buying tans since the BD only gives out so many) y'know?  

Yeah, not terrible. And it's not really the waiting that's the killer imho. For me it's the cost. That being said, I didn't do the jump to the red stones until I was in the 8-stone range, and admittedly, that was a bit of a struggle, but I wanted to stick to my ideals on the topic of power-leveling. Since it was just about time for the Obelisk War to start and I was really tired of the cost of 7 tan codestones. For me it was cost because earning NP takes a long time because I can't really RS hardly at all so the main source of my NP comes from games and events. Once I got into the 8-stone range though, I decided it was fine to level through to the red stone training. It was more cost and time-effective then. Some people were doing it from the 3 and 4 tan-stone training levels. Which of course made the at the time limited supply of red stones even more limited. Messes with the economy and all that. But you're in the 6-stone range, if you wanted to power level to the red stone range for cost and/or time I could see that, especially since plot-inflation has codestone prices so high, especially Eo Codestones. But, like I said before, you could be asked for really expensive single red Codestones too. Zed, Kew and Vux are all over 86,000np, Cui is above 66,000np last I checked., Sho and Mag are cheaper, One is around 20-30k, the other is cheaper, though I don't recall which was at which level off-hand. Still. It's up to you and however you want to play the game. 🙂

On 7/4/2024 at 3:58 PM, Aquamentis12 said:

Yeah, not terrible. And it's not really the waiting that's the killer imho. For me it's the cost. That being said, I didn't do the jump to the red stones until I was in the 8-stone range, and admittedly, that was a bit of a struggle, but I wanted to stick to my ideals on the topic of power-leveling. Since it was just about time for the Obelisk War to start and I was really tired of the cost of 7 tan codestones. For me it was cost because earning NP takes a long time because I can't really RS hardly at all so the main source of my NP comes from games and events. Once I got into the 8-stone range though, I decided it was fine to level through to the red stone training. It was more cost and time-effective then. Some people were doing it from the 3 and 4 tan-stone training levels. Which of course made the at the time limited supply of red stones even more limited. Messes with the economy and all that. But you're in the 6-stone range, if you wanted to power level to the red stone range for cost and/or time I could see that, especially since plot-inflation has codestone prices so high, especially Eo Codestones. But, like I said before, you could be asked for really expensive single red Codestones too. Zed, Kew and Vux are all over 86,000np, Cui is above 66,000np last I checked., Sho and Mag are cheaper, One is around 20-30k, the other is cheaper, though I don't recall which was at which level off-hand. Still. It's up to you and however you want to play the game. 🙂

I think I'll be jumping to that as well now because I have TONS of red stones saved up from battledome and other things and I'm also paying 8 codestones per training. On days when I have 3-4 Eo it's so expensive! xD

5 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I think I'll be jumping to that as well now because I have TONS of red stones saved up from battledome and other things and I'm also paying 8 codestones per training. On days when I have 3-4 Eo it's so expensive! xD

Yeah, at 8 tan codestones it's definitely worth it! At 3-4 Eo codestones you're paying for about 2 and a half to 3 of the most expensive red stones in NP, just for those alone. Definitely time to level to 250! It's good that you've got a stockpile of red stones so you hopefully won't need to buy them during the plot. Once you reach the red stone training, you can either sell any leftover tan codestones, or visit techo mountain and try to convert 10 randomly requested codestones into a random red codestone.

On 7/5/2024 at 7:25 PM, Aquamentis12 said:

Yeah, at 8 tan codestones it's definitely worth it! At 3-4 Eo codestones you're paying for about 2 and a half to 3 of the most expensive red stones in NP, just for those alone. Definitely time to level to 250! It's good that you've got a stockpile of red stones so you hopefully won't need to buy them during the plot. Once you reach the red stone training, you can either sell any leftover tan codestones, or visit techo mountain and try to convert 10 randomly requested codestones into a random red codestone.

I had planned on taking my left over tans to start training a lending battle pet for my guild 🙂 but will probably sell some as well here and there.

On 7/4/2024 at 1:00 PM, GillyTook said:

I DEFINITELY appreciate faerie festival time :D

I've got a small stockpile (the it'll go VERY fast sort) in the SDB from battling, but not a ton.  At this point, since I'm only regularly getting 1 session in daily (with the occasional 2) I'm looking at, I think, around 5 months of daily work to get to the next multiplier, I think?  30 levels (minus a few) then 60 points a piece, not including HP, which would make it 7.  (Then only a few years to get all of it to the next level if I stayed at the tans until it was maxed!)  Hm.  Not terrible, I guess?  And that's assuming nothing else changed my stats.  I don't necessarily hate the waiting as much as I could, but I'm just not sure it's worth it to keep grinding at the lower levels (and eventually buying tans since the BD only gives out so many) y'know?  

21 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I had planned on taking my left over tans to start training a lending battle pet for my guild 🙂 but will probably sell some as well here and there.

Hey Gillytook and Musical_shoyru. I was just looking at Red Stone Prices, and other than Mag Codestones, they've all dipped in price by about 10k or so. Meanwhile, it looks like tan stones are still pretty stable in price, especially those darned Eo Codestones, at about 49k. I'm definitely gonna recommend you both STRONGLY consider power leveling to 250 to enter the Secret Ninja Training Academy. Mainly because of the price of Eo codestones. Getting requested multiples of those would be VERY expensive vs even the most expensive of the Red Stones. 2 Eo's would be just under 100k, or, 1.4 Vux, Kew, or Zed red codestones. Or, Almost 2 Cui Red Codestones. or, Almost 4 Sho Red Codestones, or, Almost 7 Mag red Codestones. Those are rough estimates as of the prices for the reds I saw just now.

At least with the Secret Ninja Academy, you can cancel an overly expensive training session. Though you must wait exactly 24 hours before you can attempt to enroll that pet in another course. 😉

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hey Gillytook and Musical_shoyru. I was just looking at Red Stone Prices, and other than Mag Codestones, they've all dipped in price by about 10k or so. Meanwhile, it looks like tan stones are still pretty stable in price, especially those darned Eo Codestones, at about 49k. I'm definitely gonna recommend you both STRONGLY consider power leveling to 250 to enter the Secret Ninja Training Academy. Mainly because of the price of Eo codestones. Getting requested multiples of those would be VERY expensive vs even the most expensive of the Red Stones. 2 Eo's would be just under 100k, or, 1.4 Vux, Kew, or Zed red codestones. Or, Almost 2 Cui Red Codestones. or, Almost 4 Sho Red Codestones, or, Almost 7 Mag red Codestones. Those are rough estimates as of the prices for the reds I saw just now.

At least with the Secret Ninja Academy, you can cancel an overly expensive training session. Though you must wait exactly 24 hours before you can attempt to enroll that pet in another course. 😉

Good luck!

Wouldn't be much power leveling for me cause I'm close to 250 already haha, but yeah I've been going back and forth on it for awhile and had pretty much decided on it this week to go ahead and do it xD I've been getting Eo codestones far too often for training xD

36 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Wouldn't be much power leveling for me cause I'm close to 250 already haha, but yeah I've been going back and forth on it for awhile and had pretty much decided on it this week to go ahead and do it xD I've been getting Eo codestones far too often for training xD

LOL Ok, well good! 8-stones is a real pain anyway. I was trading in some of my tans for reds at Techo Mountain, but the latest request is 4 Eo's. I'm not sure if I want to trade'em, in and risk getting a mag or sho, (when I have plenty of those) or sell them at the current high prices. lol

See, it's funny you say that because as you mentioned earlier (sorry, a cold had me out for the weekend 🙄 ) that the wait's not too bad, but I was thinking about power levelling that last little bit when I finally got to the 24 hour training just because I don't log in at the same time every day, and figure that might mean I'm occasionally going a day without just because I completely forgot by the time I could go in and restart a session.

Plus, this is the current number of reds I have, and I have the feeling those would go really quickly, wouldn't they?  Vs. me trying to save up a few more via the battledome while I'm slowly working my way up.  I do typically get a few a week, and if it takes another year+ to get to the level where I'm using them, I'd have a lot more.  I hope.  Right?

image.png.01982553f596a539a65b48148f45021f.png

17 hours ago, GillyTook said:

See, it's funny you say that because as you mentioned earlier (sorry, a cold had me out for the weekend 🙄 ) that the wait's not too bad, but I was thinking about power levelling that last little bit when I finally got to the 24 hour training just because I don't log in at the same time every day, and figure that might mean I'm occasionally going a day without just because I completely forgot by the time I could go in and restart a session.

Plus, this is the current number of reds I have, and I have the feeling those would go really quickly, wouldn't they?  Vs. me trying to save up a few more via the battledome while I'm slowly working my way up.  I do typically get a few a week, and if it takes another year+ to get to the level where I'm using them, I'd have a lot more.  I hope.  Right?

image.png.01982553f596a539a65b48148f45021f.png

Well, if my math is right, and it might be SLIGHTLY off. But if you trained non-stop. You could be at level 250 in 94.75 days. Or, 94 Days, 18 hours, about. It's up to you if you want to go for it. You could get a lot of Red Stones during that time too, plus the plot would probably still be running. Also, the first level of Red Stone training takes 4 hours. So you can take the number of red stones you have and count each on as 4 hours of training until you get your stats caught up. So, it's up to you, whatever you think is more viable for you to do. it's completely up to you. I've never been a major fan of the  power leveling strategy, but with the price of Eo's, and the training time during an actual plot with massive inflation. I can see it being a more viable option than during peacetime. So yeah, totally your call. Whatever you do is fine! You'll still do fine in the plot! 🙂  Though I will say, it might be useful getting to level 200 so you have access to the Warlocks Rage ability. For future waves. It's the same as Lens Flare, so you'd get 2 free turns to attack instead of 1! 🙂 After battling this first wave, since the Voidlings have Halitosis, Lens flare and going for a 1-round knock-out is a good strategy to avoid getting sick in battle and having your string of battles cut-short. Happened to me once and I had to heal my peophin from Watery Eyes before he could fight again. LOL

LOL That's FINE! That's just the fastest you could get there via regular training, if you really really wanted to! 😉

Just go at whatever pace works for you. If you want to work on other stats instead of level, go for that. If you decide to work on level there are always Terror Trove and Faerie Fortune Scratchcards too that can yield levels. Though, those can go to ANY pet, not just your active one. My vandagyre I think is at level 42, ALL "stolen" levels from scratching scratchcards when my peophin was active. lol Kitchen Quests can also sometimes yield levels, but those, like when stat points are awarded, go to your active pet.

So you've got some options to up your level without doing the regular training. 😉 Just in the way of playing the game regularly. 🙂