battleground of the obelisk points?

I know you have to beat an opponent 10 times during the fighting to be eligible for the prizes, but how does scoring for your team work?  Like, does anyone know a chart that says how many points each opponent on which difficulty is, or is that something that the site hasn't released?

I don't know if there's a scoring system beyond wins, but I did happen across someone's profile who I believe is an officer in that large guild that goes after the obelisk in the skirmishes. They seem to have a bounty list, rewards for those who do an exceptional job and can prove it for doing literally hundreds of battles each skirmish. It's no wonder whichever faction they choose tends to win, with a reward system like that. That being said, I always knew this would eventually happen from the day we found out the skirmishes were going to be an on-going thing. And I loathed that thought, it's simply annoying that I ended up being right because one guild basically controls the skirmishes now. Instead of it truly being up to the luck of the draw. That guild decides who to go for, and the rest of us can only guess and hope for a coinciding selection. Rather kills a fair amount of the fun of it, imho anyway.

Ugh, yea, that DOES ruin a ton of the fun.  I've been getting lucky lately going by the predictions in the voting thread, but it's not always been the winning team.  And, of course, there are weeks when the prize(s) that faction will win are ones I don't have any interest in.  

And okay for the scoring.  I thought I'd read somewhere (though asked here because I couldn't find it on google) that aside from just the number of battles you win that the battles themselves count for a varying number of points.  So obviously a tier 2 enemy would count as more than a tier 1, but would a tier 1 on the highest difficulty count for more than a tier 2 on the lowest?  Or something like that.  I can (if I get lucky) beat the tier 4 on easy difficulty (then go heal in a throwaway fight like Boochi after), so I wanted to make sure that I wasn't cheating my team out of points by killing ones I could off in one round.  Of course if one guild basically controls the outcome, I might just go back to only doing my 10 wins per round and not bothering with 10 every day if that's the case.  

17 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Ugh, yea, that DOES ruin a ton of the fun.  I've been getting lucky lately going by the predictions in the voting thread, but it's not always been the winning team.  And, of course, there are weeks when the prize(s) that faction will win are ones I don't have any interest in.  

And okay for the scoring.  I thought I'd read somewhere (though asked here because I couldn't find it on google) that aside from just the number of battles you win that the battles themselves count for a varying number of points.  So obviously a tier 2 enemy would count as more than a tier 1, but would a tier 1 on the highest difficulty count for more than a tier 2 on the lowest?  Or something like that.  I can (if I get lucky) beat the tier 4 on easy difficulty (then go heal in a throwaway fight like Boochi after), so I wanted to make sure that I wasn't cheating my team out of points by killing ones I could off in one round.  Of course if one guild basically controls the outcome, I might just go back to only doing my 10 wins per round and not bothering with 10 every day if that's the case.  

Yeah. Oh well, I'm sure there's nothing TNT could do about it, it's not like it's against the rules.

As for the scoring, I remember hearing that as a rumor, but there's no way that I know of to confirm it. I think TNT would keep it to 1 win =1 point across the difficulty levels, because that way a new player with a weak pet could contribute just as much as a veteran player with a strong battle pet. It makes it an even battlefield. But that's just my own theory. Likewise, there's no way to confirm it. lol

5 hours ago, Acedemiro said:

What's the guild? I doubt they take newcomers but I'd love to try to join anyway lol

The Official Obelisk Skirmish Guild. They do accept newcomers but there are rules obviously. The most important ones are: you need to do a minimum of 50 battles each round. You need to post a message every few weeks or so to prove you're still an active member and it's not allowed to leak out information as to what faction they're going with and so forth.

Those are the 3 most important rules that I know of. If you break them you'll either get warned or kicked out.

To join, they usually hang out on the boards too to recruit new members.

You'd HOPE TNT would be fair like that, but who knows.

I wonder how they figure out who leaks, if anyone does.  Not that I'm planning to join and play mole, but it'd make things a lot fairer for everyone else if someone was.