Customisation ideas for my new triple-paint?

He looks GREAT. he looks amazing in that setting. :D What kind of vibe are you wanting? More night-time, or at least dark/moody/mysterious, or?

NP or NC items? :3

Ooh, he looks great, nice crosspaint! I love the Stealthy Gelert outfit. :D
A couple of backgrounds that I thought might work, are Shenkuu Silhouette Background, Dark Secret, Malicious Dark Faeries, Creepy Cave and Entrance to Haunted Woods Background. They are all NP backgrounds.

DTI took exception to me playing on there today! >8[

I found a few promising backgrounds, then it started showing me just blank squares rather than the items! Well fine then, I'm come back tomorrow and try again! xD

@aleu1986 Thank you!! I'm digging the Shenkuu Silhouette and Haunted Woods ones for sure! Ideal ambience 😉

@jellysundae I hope it works for you tomorrow! I can't help but be curious about what you found!

@MomoShino Wow!!! What a gorgeous combo! It's a shame the foreground is UB but I'll probably end up impulse buying it anyway 😅

Ooh, I love this @MomoShino!

small_preview.png I especially like how that background has distance, though I'd NOT want to go investigating down that tunnel, that's for sure. xD.

ANNDDD, looking at the other backgrounds you've tried, there's a lot that I'd considered too before DTI kicked me off, lol. That foreground though... EEEK price, but it really ramps up the spooky vibe, doesn't it!

Hmm, seeing as someone else has created the kind of vibe I was hoping for; now my brain is wanting me to go off on a tangent, just to be contrary, so let's see what it manages to produce! xD

Ok, I've not managed something very different so far, but this Dystopian feel appeals to me.

medium_preview.png Very end-of-the-world vibe going on, I think. Plus he pops nicely against the red. https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2209639

This is the same set up with the Meridell Castle Silhouette background.

medium_preview.png The foreground tones down lights really nicely. :D

And I like the emo moodiness of this one, can totally imagine some teen gelert setting this up for their Insta account. xD

medium_preview.pnghttps://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2209651

I'm having fun with this, and I think that EEK! Cover of Darkness Foreground is gonna make it into my closet, because it makes such a difference! Though I restrained myself from using it with that last one; just the Haunted Woods Foreground giving a few fog wisps there, lol.

Trying for something with a bit of volcanic action, but not feeling it so far, though there is a vibe going on here.

medium_preview.pnghttps://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2209660

@CoconutDragon I absolutely love his customization already! I adore spotted Gelerts, and I would never have thought of customizing one like you have! I used to have a Spotted Gelert named OreoCrumb, but I lost her to an unsuccessful pound transfer and the person who grabbed her got frozen not long after painting her checkered. The saddest part about losing her is that back when I made her, I did a drawing of her. It wasn't very good quality, but I was super proud of it. Although this story does have a happy ending, because now I have my beautiful Tahoumaru on one of my side accounts. He's a good spotty boi. ^^

@jellysundae Those customization ideas are all so good! I would have a hard time trying to decide which one to go with if they were for me to choose from! But I might save some of those backgrounds you used and add them to my wishlist because I have some spooky pets that would look even cooler with backgrounds like those! You're really good at customizing! I tend to have trouble finding the perfect background/customization items to make my pets look good. I have a baby Vandagyre that I could only think of using the "Birthday in the Park Background" for. ^^;;

@CoconutDragon The A Rolling Fog would work really well too but I prefer the overall look of the one I chose ^^

@jellysundae Many thanks! ^^
Yeah I decided to keep nearly everything I tried in the Closet so if anyone else wanted to goof with my design they could. 
I love avatar designs so obvi had to try my hand at it.

@jellysundae OH!!! Those are all so good! Moltara and Meridell weren't even on my radar but those are both so great! I think the one with the archway is my favourite; it gives him a very "I hang out in cemeteries" aura 😂 You've got a great eye for these!!

@trickkey It's always so hard losing something to the whims of this website, I feel you! I'm so glad you were able to get another spotted gelert, though! 

@MomoShino I just picked up Rolling Fog to tide me over until I can pick up your foreground, I definitely agree it's the better choice!

@CoconutDragon Thank you! :D

I'm wondering about that archway myself now, I'm not into the spider decoration but it's pretty ignorable, and I REALLY like how it frames things, especially, and this is really important, how it goes to the edge of the image, unlike so many of these kind of items.

17 hours ago, trickkey said:

Those customization ideas are all so good!

Thank you to you as well! TDNers are good for my ego 😎

I was going to buy the Cover of Darkness foreground, but the cheapest is 1.3M, I'm not sure that I'm that enamoured with it. X'D As a GMC prize it's only going to get more expensive though, isn't it...

Hmm, now I'm trying to use the archway but disguise its spooky elements.

medium_preview.png I'm loving this bit just here. image.png.02d43f6d7c83937a22cae22b990d8aae.png That's autumn, right there. :D obvs still need to work on this though. xD

Hmm, how about an archway that's a portal between seasons?

medium_preview.png

Well! I was considering buying Cora a hot dog, but she seems to have turned into a health inspector. 0_0

medium_preview.png That's a cool half a mill for that hot dog stand, but it does look cute in this setting! It creates great depth in front of the archway, too. Stop being so picky, missy, or no fatty snacks for you!

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

medium_preview.png That's a cool half a mill for that hot dog stand, but it does look cute in this setting! It creates great depth in front of the archway, too. Stop being so picky, missy, or no fatty snacks for you!

This is has an off-kilter farmers market vibe that really sparks joy. Or like she's the one handing out free carbs at the university music festival...

7 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

This is has an off-kilter farmers market vibe that really sparks joy. Or like she's the one handing out free carbs at the university music festival...

Oh! I'd not considered it from that angle! I bought the stand anyway :D Got it for 240k rather than 500k, too! Gotta love the SSW!

image.png.265540d04a80e986d5a7f773707aadd8.png

I shall hopefully remember the idea of the pet as the vendor though, I do have that the autumn market background... 🤔

Lol, ok... my brain is wanting me to do a thing... My Elephante, she has a bit of Jekyll/Hyde stuff goin' on as the Halloween PB contacts make her look like a psycho, so her current cute cosiness can switch to something a little unexpected at any time.

medium_preview.png becoming medium_preview.png ?

Try my new turkey hot dogs! Or you'll live (briefly) to regret it!

:whistle: