Feeding my Grarrl

shauns_fiancee

A few months ago there was discussion about how some food items weighed more that "1 pound" and I looked into it, found a stone something or other that weighed over 700lbs, and fed it to my beloved Grarrl.   That was last year!   I have just been able to feed my pet again!!!!!!  I was worried I would never be able to feed him again or something.  Has anyone else ever been unable to feed their pet for such a length of time?

Also, on a little unrelated side note, Kreludor Meteor seems to be broken or something, I haven't been able to get it to work for the last few days.  
Also, on another little unrelated note, my baby praying mantises hatched yesterday and I couldn't be more thrilled!

I just visited the meteor via your link and it worked fine (opened and gave me a MechaBerry Bomb) it hasn't been misbehaving for me so maybe something's gone awry at your end? What's it actually doing, or not doing! for you then?

I did a bit a experimenting with Grarrls and "food" a while back, much longer ago than a few months so I don't think this will have been the convo you're talking about. Let me find it...

*rummages*

Here we go.

I'd meant to report back in that thread about how long it took her to get hungry again, but I see I didn't, that's annoying! It was several months after the feeding of the 800lb Zen bed though. She'll probably not have been a Grarrl all of that time as she was my labrat. I wonder if digestive speed depends on species... nah, surely not? That's just too much attention to detail even for old-TNT, isn't it?

Anyway, Cora ate the bed on Feb 16th, and changed to an Elephante on March 6th, a Uni on March 29th and a Zweetok on April 4th, all the time still digesting bed. I have the haziest of feelings that my prediction of it being 2 months before they'd need feeding again was almost accurate but only just. But you feeding yours an item that was 100lb lighter but kept them full for many months longer makes me wonder... 🤔

Now I'm back to wondering if a species' weight does have an impact. Zapped pets weight can be all over the shop from what I've heard, out of the normal weight for the species... it yours a natural Grarrl? gosh that seems an awfully personal question 😅 There's so much mechanics behind-the-scenes on Neo that we're not privy to we've just got no idea what's going on with this stuff do we, lol. Sadly, probably neither do TNT either now.

Congrats on your new babies!

No what I fed him was over 700lbs (please see above), i can't remember if it was above 800lbs.  I'm suprised it even stays hungry when it changes to a pet that couldn't have eaten the table.

I can't believe i've been that unlucky at the meteor!  I've been there dozens of times in the last few days but I guess it can happen though.

I don't know anything about the feeding mechanics so can't help you with that. Maybe it was a really heavy stone something? Maybe light pets need less energy than heavy pets? So depending on the weight of your grarrl compared to Jelly's grarrl that might explain the difference.

Now for the meteor, it's working fine for me too. I just gave it a poke and got this:

image.png

4 hours ago, Duma said:

So depending on the weight of your grarrl compared to Jelly's grarrl that might explain the difference.

Sadly I've no idea what Cora's weight was as a Grarrl. Hmm, lemme see what she weighs now...

Height: 50 cms.
Weight: 48 lbs.

I wonder how that's different to a regular Blumaroo, though she was morphed into a Blum, not zapped... Hmm, one of my Shenkuu teammates has a Blum.

*checks them out*

Height: 77 cms.
Weight: 42 lbs.

Huh! Cora's really short by comparison!

I wish there was correlated info about pets height and weight, it's really interesting how much it varies. I'm remembering the thread I made about Tate's weight: height and how we found out one TDNer's Desert Aisha is human-size... 😧

I'm going to try to remember to keep an eye on Alice's weight and see if it alters as they're zapped to a different species. Or whether the wildly different weights I see talked about are simply because a zapped pet that ends up as a small species started out as a bigger and heavier one...

I'm aware all this is no help at all with the Grarrl digestion question. 😆

EDIT

Didn't spot OP had replied until I'd done rambling, lol.

@shauns_fiancee Right! Having properly read what you said now... my brain definitely seemed to indulge in some cherry-picking with how many words it took notice of in your post, oops! Just the 700lb bit and ignore the rest! 😅 I wonder what is the heaviest item... #askingforafriend :whistle:

Hmm, ofc there's no way of knowing unless you own the item so you can see its weight in its info pop-up, boo.