Looking for Recommendations

I decided I want to learn to code, specifically HTML or PHP. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any site or places to learn with. Thank you in advanced ? 

What kind of things would you like to build? Because HTML (front-end language) and PHP (back-end language) are used for different things (but often in combination). Are you more interested in how a website looks (like customising your user look-up), or how all the information gets on your website? You'll most likely need at least some HTML (and CSS) for both, but you'll really need PHP for the latter.

Anyway, this site is also pretty useful (although some (parts) of their tutorials are no longer free, unfortunately): https://www.codecademy.com/ (I just noticed it doesn't have a PHP course though.)

• 3 months later...

I used to use w3schools too, very helpful, I like the way it's set up to you could try out the code. I used it when I was teaching myself to add images and links to newsletter emails, so I practiced in the test sections on w3 instead of having to send test mails to myself over and over again, so it was most handy!