Trudy's surprise

Duma

This time I've got a little question I can't find the answer to.

I've heard and even the FAQ say that Trudy's Surprise gives out more on every consecutive day, BUT yesterday I got 19500, today when it became available again (so I know I didn't skip a day) I got 19000. It's still a nice amount, so not complaining.

However is it possible you get around (so sometimes higher, sometimes lower) the same amount multiple times?

The day before yesterday I got 19k as well.

I'm not sure how many consecutive days I'm at, but it isn't 25 yet, as far as I know.

I thought it was a bit weird after reading you should get more every day.

I think the initial idea might've been to give out more NP every day, but perhaps they realised that would've been a whole lot of NP. I'm not sure at which day you first get 19000, but it settles there until day 25, when you get 100k. As for it being slightly more (or less), that happens when you match 3 symbols instead of 2, or when you get 4 different ones. (In that case you either get the 'terrifyingly bad luck bonus', or you get slightly less NP, if you already had the bonus that week. At least I think it's a week.)

Edit: The Daily Neopets guide for Trudy's Surprise actually has a handy table that lists the amount of NP you can get each day.

I believe it has to do with how many you match. I might be mistaken here, but I think during the stretch where you'd get about 19000 for 2, I think if you are lucky enough to get 3 that match, it would be 19500np. So if you had 3 that matched yesterday, and 2 that matched today, it would go down to 19000np.  I've NEVER gotten a 4 match. So I have no idea what happens then! XD Oh, and I think the terrible Bonus, which you sometimes get when none match, would bring it to 21000np. Again, I'm relying on a rather unreliable memory here. ;)

Imho, the COOL thing about if you play every day. Since the cycle is 25 days to the big payout of 100k, eventually, a month will come up where you can get the 25th day twice in the same month! Since most months have either 30 or 31 days, not counting February of course. ;)

It's an interesting reason they gave us to check into Neo at least once a day. ;) I check in a bit more often, for dailies, and a couple on-site things mostly. But hey, at least a couple hundred thousand NP a month from Trudy's Surprise per month is a good reason to check in imho. ;) That's more than I generally make from what little gaming I do these days. lol I still battle though. XD

I second Aquamentis12's post. 

I've gotten all 4 to match before, but it wasn't that much more than the normal amount for the two matching out of four. I don't remember how much it was, but it was maybe 20K? (I think.) 

Altho I will admit I love TS, mostly because it lets me be lazy and not play games anymore and earn free money. (I wish they'd bring Habi back though. At least I'd feel like I was working for my neopets._ 

Thanks, that explains it. The game is a bit laggy on my phone so I never really looked at the matching pairs. Up untill now it went up at least a little every day. I guess I'm around day 12 then.

I could have looked better as well to find that table but being stuck to play/work with my old phone makes things more difficult.

Again, thanks for the explanation everyone! I appreciate it a lot.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.