Correct Password Not Working

ladycanary

Hey guys, maybe you can help me figure out what's going on here.... Today I changed my account password because my other one was a little out of date. I tried to log in on my IPad with the new password and neopets is saying that it's not the password linked to my account. So after a few more times trying to log in with no luck, I requested a password change. However, my email is not getting anything from Neopets. I would think I was hacked however, here's the thing: I'm still logged in to neopets on my computer. I checked my account preferences, and my email is still the same. If I try to change my password from inside the account I get an "oops" message saying that the old password I put in is incorrect. What gives? :( I can still use my account, but I'm afraid that if I manage to get logged out, that I'll be unable to log back in.

just send a ticket to TNT;)  they'll fix it for you.

I'll try that, thanks!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Remember that quotes do not count toward your overall word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It seems like there was some sort of error when you changed the password. This happens sometimes. Be prepared to possibly have to wait a while for a response on the ticket, but it's good at least it's not because your account was hacked, that is what I'm dealing with at this point. I do hope you get a response and figure things out soon!

Do you know how long it will at most take them? I'm not impatient or anything, I'm just curious as to how long I should wait until I figure I'm in trouble and have to send another ticket haha. I had my previous account frozen (said that my username was inappropriate, misunderstanding) about a year ago, and they told me that they would move my stuff over to another account. It never happened :(

Regardless, thank you for the advice!

Everyone experiences different wait times, so it's hard to give an estimate. However, if it takes a little while then I would suggest pestering them on Facebook. Most tickets get reviewed sooner if people are pestering on Facebook. So you could inquire there too.

This may sound dumb, so forgive me. It just occurred to me that with an iPad your first letter is automatically capitalized unless you toggle it off. Have you double checked that? If that's not the case, then maybe try logging in from your iPad using the old password you had and see if it just hasn't registered in the system.

I have tried to use the password on my computer too, but that wasn't a dumb comment at all. I have also tried inputting my old password, to no avail. Hopefully they don't forget about my ticket this time. I'm still wondering how this password has managed to lock me out. Is it possible to change your password to something that breaks Neopet's rules for passwords? You would think it wouldn't but who knows.

Silly question, but did you check your email account's "Junk" or "Spam" folders, and/or made sure that "neopets.com" was not in your "blocked" list of email addresses? Sometimes email filters may think a message is "spam", even though you may have requested it. It could be possible a "forgot password" message from Neopets  is in one of those folders, or the message "bounced" because it was blocked. Just curious, but "where" did you change your password from, meaning was it from your iPad, your computer, or from a different computer? If you are still able to access Neopets from your computer, then you may not want to do this, but have you tried clearing your web browser's cache/temporary files? It is strange that you are not receiving the "forgot password" email messages.

Thank all of you for your advice. It's funny, before I saw that last post I checked my junk folder and low and behold, there were all my requests. I didn't think to look there since I have gotten emails from neopets in the past in my regular inbox. I successfully changed my password. I'm able to log into my account via Ghoul Catchers, so I know this new one is working! I have to wait an hour to log into my account on the computer since apparently I tried too many times today. Hopefully I can cancel the ticket I sent earlier. Thank you all again!

Just to answer your question Scoobert_Doo, it was on my computer. I figured out that something was up with my password when I tried to earn a quick 50k NP from Ghoul Catchers, only to have it tell me my password was wrong. Anyway, all should be well now. Watch, TNT will freeze my account for my own safety because of me trying to get into it so hard, now that would be ironic!