Book Recommendation

Munchies

I recommend any Terry Pratchett books if you've not tried him out already :yes: I get what you mean about Hannibal, it's a good story, but any book that's a bit intense can leave you with after effects, can't it.

I'm not a very well-read person, as I don't have the time to read. But my favorite author is Tamora Pierce. Her books are light reads, but hard to put down. Once you start one you almost want to finish it in one sitting they're so good. I've also been reading The House of Night series. It's a lighter read too and hard to put down. I can finish one book in about a day if I'm not interrupted and have the time to relax and enjoy it.

I am currently reading The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling and on the story of Rikki Tikki Tavi, that is a fun adventure story. I really like adventure and action stories, my favorite book is probably Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. These books have moments of peril and suspense, but they are easier to handle and I think more upbeat, overall.

If you like supernatural stuff, I highly recommend The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo. It's about a young woman who gets trapped in the spirit world. I read it in like two sittings because I was soooo addicted!

My favorite Authors...

Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. (The Death Gate Cycle, 7-novel series, in a journal-style, with footnotes and other fun stuff after the end of each book's story) You MAY like Their duo works on Starshield Sentinels (aka The Mantle of Kendis-Dai), or the sequel book, Nightsword. Both are excellent! You may also know their works in dragonlance novels, I could never really get into those though. ;)

Jane Yolen (The pit dragon Trilogy,) Great series, I think she's added a 4th but I'm not sure. Also, Dragonsfield and Other Stories is another great book, this one has a bunch of short stories and poems about various things. It's pretty interesting!

Patricia C Wrede (Dealing with Dragons 4-book series) This one is probably the lightest with all SORTS of fairy-tale type references. When i first watched the first Shrek movie, I wondered if MANY of the characters had been inspired by characters in this novel series.

Janny Wurts (Wars of Light and Shadow series) LOTS of writing to each book. The first one, "Curse of the MIstwraith", actually has a glossary in the back for reference, she also is an amazing painter! XD

Lawrence Yep (Dragon of the Lost Sea 4-book series) I know he's done a LOT more than that, but that was his series I liked the best.

Andre Norton (Her Witch World novels are great!) First book I read turned out to actually be 3, comprising the Annals of the Witch World. Also, her work with The Elvenbane, was really pretty awesome too!

There was one more... Zimmerman I think was the last name of the author.. The book was called "A Plague of Sorcerers", definitely an entertaining read! Some magicians have familiars, like witches have Black cats, usually, well the boy in this story, which I haven't read since middle school, finds his familiar, in a skunk! lol

Just wanna point out that all these stories about are fantasy, at varying degrees, and all predate Harry Potter's insane success. Just so people know, yes there were amazing fantasy novels BEFORE Harry Potter. lol

Anyway, I can go more in-depth on any of the books/series I've mentioned if requested. They are all excellent reads and EXCELLENT authors!

Oh yes, one other to mention, I don't know if you'd call it FANTASY, because it IS from the perspective of animals. But yeah, I completely recommend Doghouse Chronicles: Everything Old is New Again, by Rebecca Giselle. Only 1 book, but I believe the author is working on a sequel. But I don't know it's progress or anything. It's certainly an INTERESTING book! Been a few years since I read it, but it was a good one! I think it's available on Kindle for pretty cheap too. If you wanna go the E-book route It's a lot of fun, and there's a good gambit of emotions, some adventure and of course, danger. lol This too, I would consider to be a lighter book, mostly. ;)

Enjoy! XD

• 5 weeks later...

If you enjoyed Tamora Pierce growing up, then I highly recommend the Mistborn series. 

Magic? Check

Kickass heroine with sass and talent? Check

Romance? Check

World of fantasy? Check

I read a lot, and I really cannot recommend this enough. I started reading and couldn't put it down all night!