Deadpool - The movie

jellysundae

Just seen this mentioned on an entertainment show, that said even the trailer had about 18 things that would generate complaint letters, so they only showed about 5 seconds of it. :laughingsmiley:

Now I know nothing about Deadpool other than what I've seen on places like Tumblr, this being an excellent example:

XyBViSd.gif

n6EOe5o.gif

sUObQWw.gif

BRLV4ID.gif

5vbUAzI.gif

ACthkxB.gif

actual post: http://jellysundae.tumblr.com/post/93222227159/tobiasxva-i-love-accurate-deadpool-cosplay

These gifs are the kind of thing that make me want to see this movie xD It had better not let me down!

Who can educate me about Deadpool? It's clear he's not your average superhero, lol. But beyond that, I'm not sure what to think. :laughingsmiley:

So for the quickest way of learning about deadpool would be to wiki him. But I can give you some of the highlights! He is possibly the most unique comic book character. He is constantly breaking the 4th wall. For instance, in the comic books, he is well aware that Ryan Renolds plays him as deadpool XD

He is constantly dying but also constantly regenerating because of science. I think he probably has the fastest regenerating skills in the Marvel Universe (Wolverine has nothing on this guy).

Deadpool is also known for never shutting up, things come to mind and he just says them regardless if it's appropriate or not (brain damage does that to a person). He's not a hero, he is sometimes considered a bad guy, but all in all I'd put him in (extreme) chaotic neutral. :) hope this helps a little bit!

Also Deadpool cosplayers can seriously be some of the sweetest people you ever met!

Lol, yeah looking on Wiki should have been obvious, shouldn't it >< Info from a more personal perspective's nicer though, that, at least, is my excuse for not thinking to do that :shiftyeyes_anim:

I'm not a huge comic buff, but I have a friend who is. Deadpool is technically I think part of X-men and was an experiment (Any comic buffs please correct me if I'm wrong.) Deadpool's personality is full off off humor. Think of him a bit like a Spider-man, with puns, wit and all the hilarious aggravation that comes with it to his enemies, but a far more adult version.
Deadpool's actual name is Wade Wilson (Which is a play on many other characters in the DC universe from what I understand.) and he's pretty much insane and has multiple voices in his head. He can't die (or it is at least very hard to kill him) due to have the regeneration ability taken from Wolverine and being an amalgamation of other powers from the X-men. He's quite a formidable foe and a mercenary, so he's not really a good guy, per say, more his loyalties (if he actually has any, I think he might for a few select people) lie with the highest bidder.
He is absolutely hilarious though. That Deadpool cos-play is spot on for his personality.
Common memes with DP are stuff about how he loves pancakes and chimichangas and his voices in his head.
He also LOVES breaking the fourth wall, often speaking to the reader or viewer and will most likely do so in the movie if they keep him faithful personality wise.
The movie will likely be rated R as Deadpool has adult humor and the violence might be up to 11. So just a forewarning if you're young or have kids that want to go with; viewer discretion is most certainly advised :)

Anyway, I hope that gave you a little info. Sorry if it's a bit of a blurb and not very organized. And anyone who knows more about him, feel free to correct me on any of my possible misinformation.

Oh, in addition a pretty good um, kinda introduction to Deadpool's character beyond the gifs you've seen is a YouTuber used action figures to do storylines and such. The one called Rorschach and Deadpool by ItsJustSomeRandomGuy (I don't remember if links are allowed here on the forums, I'm betting not.) It's a bit confusing because there is a lot of jokes to previous episodes and well known stuff with in the comic scene, but it still gives a great idea into his character and how random he is. "Copy right Deadpooool, copy and I'll suuuuuue." :)
And don't worry, very mild swearing, if terms describing heck and such can be considered swears. (I know Neopets doesn't allow use of H-E double hockey sticks)

Lol, this sounds more and more like a movie I'd totally love xD From the stuff I've seen about him online it was pretty clear that he's pretty irreverent, and this just confirms it. :D

I also have a friend who's a total Marvel fan, Riddler's her fave. She draws loads of great art, which I'm going through now seeing if she's ever done Deadpool stuff >< I'll share the links, so you guys can check them out if you're interested. :D

Tumblr

DeviantArt

I'm really huge on Deadpool :) I am really excited for the general population to learn more about him via the movie. He was never very popular to the outside world, a lot of people mistake him for spider-man. which is funny because the comics actually pick up on that XD... I have read a TON of deadpool comics. For me I really didnt get into comics until a few years ago, so when marvel movies started coming out years back I had no interest or didnt know or understand how everyone seemed to know who these characters were or why they liked them. Now I get it. Now im totally a fangirl :). One thing that excites me is that Disney will not be apart of this one, as Fox has taken over. Hooray for R rating :)!!! Its hopefully going to be everything I dreamed of. (although fox has a history of really butchering marvel comics... so we shall see...!)  Deadpool comics were actually my first comics, as someone suggested i start off there, and actually quickly became my favorite character. I've seriously had tears from laughing so hard at some of the things I've read.  Check out your local bookstore for Deadpool comics! you won't regret it!

I've ended up crying from laughter from some of the spoof Deadpool stuff that I've seen online. Ooh, I wonder if I can find...

*scoots off to Youtube* :shiftyeyes_anim:

YES!

Oh gosh *wipes eyes* I'd forgotten how much this made me laugh :laughingsmiley:

I'm by no means a comics fan (books, movies or otherwise) but I'm really looking forward to this movie. Deadpool is just such a fun character and the trailer for the movie made me laugh a lot so yay!  :happydance: